By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Have the members/guest online dropped significantly?

I think you mean 'has' instead of 'have'

Around the Network

I used to think the release of Wii U/PS4/720 would be the boost this site needed, but then again, I thought 3DS/Vita would be part of that. From my perspective these forums have almost become worse since those releases - hopefully it's not the same with the new consoles.

I also think it's unfair to blame new users for not being interesting enough, we've had some great users come in the past year, and to put this pressure on newcomers seems a little unfair.

Honestly this site redesign/split-up has real potential, I am really looking forward to it.

BenVTrigger said:
Its true for sure

A lot of the old school guys like me are leaving the site because it just honestly isn't as compelling as it was in the glory days. Honestly the new users aren't nearly as interesting and there is some heavy anti MS bias in the forums which has always been a problem with keeping a good numbers of 360 fans.

Not to mention the tracking on this site has become poor. Honestly the pre-order numbers are beyond laughably bad.

sup ben? nice to see you.

i think what may save us is original threads that actualy have some substance. this is the only site i've been on where everyone can talk about anything, and that just may be our bread and butter.

we don't always have to talk about games sales and politics. i'm sure there's something more interesting out there to talk about.

spurgeonryan said:
I have a link to the old site from about 2 years ago. When I get on my computer I willpost it. It was about the same. Just a lot of lurkers.

Let me help you I forgot of my evolution of vg chartz from 1.0 to 5.0  thread.

VGchartz 1.0 - users online 29, guest 214

VGchartz 2.0 - users online 139, guest 533

VGchartz 3.0 - users online 364, guest 1423

Vgchartz 4.0 - users online 263, guest 1975

Vgchartz 5.0 - users online 123, guest 2600

So looks as though I was off with guest but still theres a patern...the one and only site design everyone loved and wish stayed 3.0 was when Vgchartz peaked. Lurkers kept going up though.

People came here for the sales data and the charts. Most of that is gone now, and so are most of the users.

Around the Network

I do miss VGChartz 3.0, those Darth threads were classics :'(

there does seem less people posting in the topics now a days, I remember my first thread when I made this account, it got over 100 replies within a couple days and there wasn't that much flaming, now it would be lucky to get more than 30 and stay relatively on-topic :/

The forums are quieter.. We have times when nobody posts for 30 to 60 minutes.. Happend this morning to me... *forever alone*

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I am gonna be honest here and say for the record that when older members point the finger at the newer members and say, you guys suck (Not to that extreme but you get the point) and that it's the if not one of the biggest issues of the site, it irks me big time.

How are we supposed to retain or even bring in new members with such an attitude? I blame the older members as well for the current state of things as I feel like they do not contribute to the growth of the new users and even the site as much as they could. Do you see new members not living up to the expectations? Help them instead of pointing fingers. The newer members are the one of the main reason why this site is active at least to the level it is right now.

I think there should be a reason for the lurkers to join this forum over countless other forums on the web. The trolling is at an all time high at the moment. A lot of Sony fans have left the site or have become extremely inactive now cuz of it. We saw a similar situation post E3 of the 3ds reveal. The sony forums were absolute shit with trolling topics and posts. Quite a few posters over there who used to post a LOT and some who were the reason I joined this place, just left.

I have personally stuck to the Official PSV thread and I enjoy it. We already had few new members who signed up just to post in the thread and we have something of a community going on inside the thread itself. The launch of a new console should be a REASON to light things up a bit. Discussing various games that's out for it, the features etc etc would have helped a great deal to this site imho. But as shown very clearly with that german award for vita thread, no decent conversation can be had outside the official thread and it's a real shame.

And now I'm gonna say something that has been on my mind for a while and I hope I won't be ticking people off with this. There is a fundamental problem with this site in my view. This place is built around the tracking of sales but I see two current problems with it

1. All the regions that tracked accurately, are also tracked by even more popular and widely accepted tracking agencies. For example: USA/Aussy: NPD, JP: Mediacreate and EU: Ninty and that other firm that tracks sales (forgot the name)
2. We had some huge adjustments. And I do not blame the staff, you have to make them when more concrete information comes out. But this with the addition of the above mentioned factor, does not bode well for the popularity of this site.

I'm EXTREMELY happy to see Gilga back..from the day he came back he has started make good threads and increase the overall activity of members. Montana seems to be doing a great job the moderation front as well. So I sincerely hope these trends keep up. These are relatively slow game news times as well so come E3 things should get more lively.

and someone please go hunt down darth and drag his ass in here

ps: oh and a request, maybe for the future revisions of this site, bring back stickys! At least 2-3 stickys per forum

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

NiKKoM said:
The forums are quieter.. We have times when nobody posts for 30 to 60 minutes.. Happend this morning to me... *forever alone*

What times are you online? I will talk to you during your time of weakness.

I know this thread is about me. Sorry I wasn't on this weekend, I was up at my cottage with no internet access :(

I'm back now though.