By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think Nintendo of America will Localize Pandora's Tower?

Tagged games:

Will NOA Localize Pandora's Tower?

Yes, for sure 4 6.90%

Yes, but only if XenoBlad... 12 20.69%

Yes, but only if PT sells... 1 1.72%

Yes, but only if both con... 7 12.07%

No, but someone else will... 11 18.97%

No, but someone else will... 5 8.62%

No, we are unlucky 9 15.52%

See Results 9 15.52%

Total:58
menx64 said:
Michael-5 said:
menx64 said:
Michael-5 said:
menx64 said:
blkfish92 said:
If you asked me this like 2 months ago I would say no, but as of now it actually looks likely! =D

Same here. However I dont see nintendo publishing the game but rather having xseed to do it.

I hope they do it, 100k sales isn't bad for a JRPG in 1 region. Especially since you only have to localize it, not develop it.

yeah, a win-to-win solution to nintendo and xseed. Nintendo pleases gamers (Me included), xseed gets some profits and we get the game!

Profit for me too! If Pandora's Tower does release I bet you this game will be sold with limited stock and get pretty rare pretty fast, just like Radiant Historia. (Bought it new only a few months back and already I can sell it on Ebay for $150).

Wow thats a lot of money!... I also have RS but there is no way I am selling it, I love my jrps too much...

Hold onto it for 10+ years...I've been looking into my old games, and some are worth quite a bit. Chrono Trigger for SNES is well over $1,000 new, Super Mario RPG is $600 new, and Harvest Moon for Snes.....is $2,500 new. Used, but complete run from 50-70% the new price.

If I sold my Gamecube collection right now, I will have made more money then I originally paid for the games (Games like Tales of Symphonia, Fire Emblem, and Baten Kaitos sell for $60 a pop, and look to go up).

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
MRKs said:

I think it will be released eventually, with Xenoblade and Last Story announced for a NoA localization and with Pandora's Tower being the less expensive to localize(doesn't have as much dialogue than xenoblade and TLS) I think is likely.

Edit: By the way, I'm saying the game will be localized by some company, not neccessarily Nintendo. Could be Xseed too.

It has the least dialog? How do you know?

I hope it gets localized, these games will make a welcome addition to my library and make it feel more SNES era Nintendo (I mean we have Donkey Kong Country, a 2D Metroid, fire Emblem, 2D Mario, etc)!

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Most likely, it'll come one way or the other. I'm not really interested in this title. The Last Story is the game I wanted most out of the Operation Rainfall games. I'm getting Xenoblade too because the gameplay and story interests me. Already have it pre-ordered.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Michael-5 said:
MRKs said:

I think it will be released eventually, with Xenoblade and Last Story announced for a NoA localization and with Pandora's Tower being the less expensive to localize(doesn't have as much dialogue than xenoblade and TLS) I think is likely.

Edit: By the way, I'm saying the game will be localized by some company, not neccessarily Nintendo. Could be Xseed too.

It has the least dialog? How do you know?

I hope it gets localized, these games will make a welcome addition to my library and make it feel more SNES era Nintendo (I mean we have Donkey Kong Country, a 2D Metroid, fire Emblem, 2D Mario, etc)!

Tried the game in japanese. Didn't understand a thing but it seems fun.

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

I could see this game coming to North America. If XenoBlade does amazing in North America and if it does well in Europe I think it coming to North America would be very likely. Whether Nintendo publishes it or not is less known. If XSeed sees massive success they might port the title to NA themselves. GameStop might also be itching for a repeat of XenoBlades income I mean 250,000 sales of a game at only GameStop is pretty impressive and if they got PT exclusively like XenoBlade it would be a huge draw for business.

Also Reggie promised the Wii would receive a steady stream of new titles in 2012 and that the console was not dead. It would make sense for Nintendo to try and push every last game they can out into the market place if it meant slowing the Wii's complete demise.

Personally in the future Nintendo should do this far more often if they don't think a title is good enough for North America then out source it to a third party publisher and let them take all the risks. Works out good for everyone the third party publisher has the most to gain if the title is successful and Nintendo has nothing to lose.

Actually I think Nintendo would probably be smart to help fund a publisher to handle its more risky franchises. Maybe offer a few million in start up for 49% of the company and let this new publisher take all the risks in localizing. Or maybe Nintendo could sign a deal to offer a publisher any and all titles it decides not to bring to NA. That publisher could then chose to bring the title over it would definitely benefit the third party publisher in a massive way.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer