By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - We Gave People an iPad 2, Told Them It Was the New iPad, and They Loved It

sethnintendo said:
NintendoPie said:

So I'm either dumb, a sheep, or a DB because I own a MacBook. Really? Maybe it isn't tailored for you Seth but you don't have to slam insults at people who like their products. 

There are some educated (computer literate) people that buy Apple products (I tend to generalize).  However, I believe most of their users are complete idiots.  I am sorry but when I see a product that is pure commercialized and people have to buy it too look "cool" then that is when my negativity shines.  Basically, I'd like to go to a Starbucks (never really do cause I hate coffee) and talk shit to all the fucks that are trying to flaunt their ipads and macbooks because it is cool to hang out in Starbucks on anything Apple.  I wouldn't ever do it but that is the people (user base) that I hate.  The people trying to flaunt their materialistic goods.  I see Apple users as fake and easily controlled people.

I am living in a plastic nation - Sublime

I'm hoping that I'm not considered to be one of those people that you hat because I own one. You could have been less critical in your statement before or left some thing like "My opinion" or "I'm generalizing here." I know that you don't like those people, neither do I really, and I know you don't like Apple's fanbase but you really should have mentioned something along those lines.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
sethnintendo said:
NintendoPie said:

So I'm either dumb, a sheep, or a DB because I own a MacBook. Really? Maybe it isn't tailored for you Seth but you don't have to slam insults at people who like their products. 

There are some educated (computer literate) people that buy Apple products (I tend to generalize).  However, I believe most of their users are complete idiots.  I am sorry but when I see a product that is pure commercialized and people have to buy it too look "cool" then that is when my negativity shines.  Basically, I'd like to go to a Starbucks (never really do cause I hate coffee) and talk shit to all the fucks that are trying to flaunt their ipads and macbooks because it is cool to hang out in Starbucks on anything Apple.  I wouldn't ever do it but that is the people (user base) that I hate.  The people trying to flaunt their materialistic goods.  I see Apple users as fake and easily controlled people.

I am living in a plastic nation - Sublime

I'm hoping that I'm not considered to be one of those people that you hat because I own one. You could have been less critical in your statement before or left some thing like "My opinion" or "I'm generalizing here." I know that you don't like those people, neither do I really, and I know you don't like Apple's fanbase but you really should have mentioned something along those lines.

To be honest I don't like that many people in general.  I can get along with almost anyone if needed but there is usually something that will prevent me from fully liking someone.  Usually, I have a very negative view towards humans but it is always nice to be surprised by people (them doing something nice or something smart).   Yes, my views are very bad (probably ban worthy) but that is how I feel.  I further explained my main points of hate towards Apple in my first post (arrogance of their user base and people that represent them (Steve Jobs)).  I've been messing around on computer since DOS days (286/386).  When I get called stupid for using a PC by someone that doesn't even know one command from DOS (they should at least know one if they are such a computer pro) then I tend to write off whatever company they represent.  Just like how Sony PR has made me easily dislike Sony for constantly attacking Nintendo (calling their users kids, everything they make - gimicks, etc).  I don't mind Microsoft too much (even though I don't like them in the home console business and I see some of their decisions as terrible for the consumer) compared to Sony.  I technically would dislike Microsoft more than Sony (I actually like a lot of Sony IPs) but Sony PR has made it easier for me to choose which one I hate the most.

Galaki said:
Think about it. You have 50'' TV at 1080P and that's awesome.
Now, you have a 10'' screen with twice the resolution. You're going to be able to tell the massive difference?

The two big differences are distance and usage.

A TV screen is typically viewed around 3 meters away, while a tablet is typically viewed from 30-100cm away. In fact, if I've calculated things correctly, an iPad 3 pixel viewed at 30cm will appear bigger than the HDTV pixel at 3m.

Usage is the second big difference. A TV screen is used almost exclusively to view videos. Tablet screens are often used for that, too, but they're even more frequently used to display text. Not big flashy "Crit 999" text, but dense text in books, web pages, email, and such. A TV wants to replace a film projector, while a tablet wants to replace a printed page (among other things). And the benchmark for smooth, crisp text on a printed page is 300 DPI, so even the iPad 3 is only 90% of the way there.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I have to give credit to Apple. They have this massive cult following of fans who simply buy into their propaganda. Looking at some of their past and current events they have blatantly lied about other companies just to make their products seem superior. The latest example was the New iPad presentation. They stated that "the New iPad has the most bands out of any device out there!" - Yet, Nokia phones have always shipped with every possible band under the sun.

Well I just brought an iPad 2 and think its amazing. The fact is that thy really didn't need to change it

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Erisian said:
Come come now. You talk of strawman arguments argument in the same breath as referring to illegal downloads as Stealing? No that won't fly.

Sigh. An argument I hear constantly from people who don't create intellectual property. It's stealing. Go out and create something. See people using it without your permission and without paying for it. Then come back and tell me whether you think it's stealing. Dude, I'm about as laid back as it gets when it comes to piracy and people still take my (DRM-free and sometimes, free altogether) shit and use it however they like without my permission. There is a sense of entitlement when it comes to piracy that is really fuckin' aggravating, man. A complete disregard for the work put forth by others. I'm not saying you're one of those kinds of pirates, but when you try to tell me you're not stealing something when you pirate, it's hard not to categorize you that way.

Just be honest with what you're doing. You're using others' work without permission and without payment. That's stealing, period.

Theft implies a victim, however. The bulk of piracy is victimless on economic grounds.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

The new screen is very very sharp and clear. I was looking at my gf's old iPad 2 screen and then looking at the new iPad screen and it was very easy to see the difference for me. Upgrading from an iPad 1 (same screen as the iPad 2) to the new one was an easy choice for me. For someone who wants to upgrade from an iPad 2, then there probably won't be that much of a difference besides the new screen, better gpu, more RAM, and 4G/LTE if you use that. The iPad 2 is still a great machine itself, the screen is the biggest differentiating factor for this iPad compared to previous versions and it will be continue to be used in the iPad for a long time, IMO.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Well first of all I wouldn't say they LOVED the "new Ipad" ...

Secondly I have never owned any of the bloody Ipads so if someone gave me the first one I could not tell you the difference obviously, specially if you just gave it to me for a few bloody seconds.

I dont really know what the updates are besides a better screen rez ... but something tells me that now a days people just buy stuff for the sake of buying.

Like Smart phones ... all of a sudden every single fucker in my Uni owns one of these, to witch I ask what was wrong with their old phone, apparently most of them had no problems, although some of them were in pretty bad shape, I blame it on my friends going on drunken rages ... So I will laugh my head off if one of them drops his brand new HTC ... blah blah xD, how do those things cost ? lol :P

I lol'd about the resolution does matter, because you are closer to it. So much freaking nonsense.
I use my Laptop (17.3 ") with a 1600 x 900 resolution and never ever felt like "Damn, I hate those pixels!"

Now you are trying to tell me that a 2048 x 1536 resolution on a 9.7" screen is the new hotness?!
You must go crazy over the Nokia cellphone with a 41megapixel camera, right?

I am a tech-geek and an early adopter, but I am reasonable enough to see where a company is just trying to sell me something that is totally useless. Samsung Galaxy S2 comes with a 1080p screen. Just as useful as the resolution of the new iPad.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Honestly? I like Apple Product, I just don't want spend my on Apple product.