By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Twilight Princess > Skyward Sword

sperrico87 said:
Wow, I just disagree with most people on this thread that SS is better than TP or that it's the best Zelda. I thought it was way too short, and I thought there was WAY too much padding.

I think for a game that was lauded as taking five years to make, there is precious little to show for it. It's filled with padding. Revisiting the same areas three or four times with slight changes in layout, fetch quests, and those horrible tear-collecting segments. Also, they re-use the same enemies over and over again. My list of grievances for SS far outweighs my list of positives. I never thought I'd say this...but Twilight Princess is no longer the worst game in the series.

Completely agree. The bolded is what makes me believe that they actually didn't improve close to anything, but just wanted to make sure something great released at all before christmas 2011.

Around the Network
Roma said:
zero129 said:
Roma said:
homer said:
@Roma
With a face like mine, trust me, I never stop. :)

you mean a face like this?

Like NintendoPie said before, your sig really does suit everything you type lol.

People who don’t like M+ are really not open to new things. SS opened up a whole new world with possibilities not possible with traditional controls. The bosses were amazing! I was surprised when the tentacles of the squid boss attacked me. It was the first time ever that I had to fight off something like that and I had to swing left and right fast so they wouldn’t get through.

TP is a very good game but too easy for my taste. SS had a great difficulty level and if you are bad with the sword then you won’t go past some of the more advanced enemies.

M+ is a matter of personal taste. I think it's great for multiplayer fun games and simple games but, much like the N64 pad, it's only great for a handful of games and is a hindrance the rest of the time.

Ultimately, even as a Nintendo fan, I have to admit the wii-mote is a gimmick which helped keep the big N strong in the industry against strong competition - but has not overly enhanced my experience playing games. I now have a shoe-box full of white bits of plastic and peripherals, too many bits of tat for one console.

The bosses in SS have been imaginative and challenging, but so farb I have beaten them all first time so I'm not exactly "bad" with the sword, I just know deep down I would probably prefer pressing A or guiding the sword with an analogue stick.

TP had varied environments, great atmosphere, engaging story and characters and a world that seemed vast compared to SS. SS is the emporer's new clothes. It's repetitive to a wearying extent and feels like a hard slog. Like many others, I'm baffled by the way that it's recvieved no criticizm at all in the gaming press.

Too much planning, and you'll never get anything done.

Karl Pilkington.

sperrico87 said:
Wow, I just disagree with most people on this thread that SS is better than TP or that it's the best Zelda. I thought it was way too short, and I thought there was WAY too much padding.

I think for a game that was lauded as taking five years to make, there is precious little to show for it. It's filled with padding. Revisiting the same areas three or four times with slight changes in layout, fetch quests, and those horrible tear-collecting segments. Also, they re-use the same enemies over and over again. My list of grievances for SS far outweighs my list of positives. I never thought I'd say this...but Twilight Princess is no longer the worst game in the series.

I agree with you 100% on SS.

As someone who loves Nintendo, I'm hoping the Wii U comes more in line with the old SNES way of doing things i.e. massive selection of games for ALL tastes and no shortfall in power.

The Wii U controller worries me, I can't help but wonder - How am I going to play something like Street Fighter 4 with THAT thing? When will Nintendo realise that the other companies have been more or less copying the SNES button layout for years... either these companies are idiots or it was a beautiful system which works really well for the majority of games.

Too much planning, and you'll never get anything done.

Karl Pilkington.

winston000smith said:
sperrico87 said:

I agree with you 100% on SS.

As someone who loves Nintendo, I'm hoping the Wii U comes more in line with the old SNES way of doing things i.e. massive selection of games for ALL tastes and no shortfall in power.

The Wii U controller worries me, I can't help but wonder - How am I going to play something like Street Fighter 4 with THAT thing? When will Nintendo realise that the other companies have been more or less copying the SNES button layout for years... either these companies are idiots or it was a beautiful system which works really well for the majority of games.

I think Nintendo is trying to appeal to the Apple crowd with the tab style controller. And Apple have one massive crowd....

I'm sure they'll release a standard controller for the purists.

I find both of them very weak Zelda games, possibly the worst Zelda games Ive played, its too western. No Zelda game will come that is as brilliant as Windwaker and OoT

Around the Network

I think the thing with SS is that it doesn't feel as epic as TP. You don't have Hyrule fields, or lake or nothing like that... The world is much more linear, stream lined if u like. But I think that SS has one of the best stories of all Zelda games! And the controls works great - when they actually do work...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

SS arrived at the tail end of the Wii lifespan, which is such a shame. Whereas TP arrived in the opening window, when the Wii had huge hype. If Ninty had saved SS for the Wii U, with improved graphics, as a launch title, it would have sold WAY better. Oh well, i still love SS & am very happy to have played it on the Wii, regardless of sales.

I haven't played SS yet. Is it really that bad? I've liked TP, but not very much.

freebs2 said:
I haven't played SS yet. Is it really that bad? I've liked TP, but not very much.

No, Skyward Sword is a great game.

But in my opinion is not in the same league as the best Zelda games :P

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

PhantomLink said:
freebs2 said:

No, Skyward Sword is a great game.

But in my opinion is not in the same league as the best Zelda games :P

Ah ok, thanks.