By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Twilight Princess > Skyward Sword

RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:
RolStoppable said:

Shigeru Miyamoto directed Ocarina of Time while Aonuma was partly responsible for the dungeon design.

Zelda doesn't really need new gameplay, the problem is that the current formula is broken. It's a formula that only superficially resembles old Zelda games. The lore is there, but the rest is mostly just something else. Nowadays you can't even upgrade your sword anymore, because Aonuma sees it as an insignificant element.

Well, since Miyamoto is the overall producer (and was the one that more or less put in M+ in SS) isn't he to blame just as much as Aunoma then?

Yes, he is. Not only does he allow Zelda to be ruined, he even supports it.

Let's go lynch mob on their asses!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:
RolStoppable said:

Shigeru Miyamoto directed Ocarina of Time while Aonuma was partly responsible for the dungeon design.

Zelda doesn't really need new gameplay, the problem is that the current formula is broken. It's a formula that only superficially resembles old Zelda games. The lore is there, but the rest is mostly just something else. Nowadays you can't even upgrade your sword anymore, because Aonuma sees it as an insignificant element.

Well, since Miyamoto is the overall producer (and was the one that more or less put in M+ in SS) isn't he to blame just as much as Aunoma then?

You're an idiot and I don't like you anymore.

That's based solely on this. It easily outweighs the good of your other 25198 posts.

Pineapple said:
RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:
RolStoppable said:

You're an idiot and I don't like you anymore.

That's based solely on this. It easily outweighs the good of your other 25198 posts.

Haha! "like"

It's funny tho how untouchable Miyamoto is - at least it seems like that... I've never heard anyone say something bad about him...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Badassbab said:
winston000smith said:
sperrico87 said:
Wow, I just disagree with most people on this thread that SS is better than TP or that it's the best Zelda. I thought it was way too short, and I thought there was WAY too much padding.

I think for a game that was lauded as taking five years to make, there is precious little to show for it. It's filled with padding. Revisiting the same areas three or four times with slight changes in layout, fetch quests, and those horrible tear-collecting segments. Also, they re-use the same enemies over and over again. My list of grievances for SS far outweighs my list of positives. I never thought I'd say this...but Twilight Princess is no longer the worst game in the series.

I agree with you 100% on SS.

As someone who loves Nintendo, I'm hoping the Wii U comes more in line with the old SNES way of doing things i.e. massive selection of games for ALL tastes and no shortfall in power.

The Wii U controller worries me, I can't help but wonder - How am I going to play something like Street Fighter 4 with THAT thing? When will Nintendo realise that the other companies have been more or less copying the SNES button layout for years... either these companies are idiots or it was a beautiful system which works really well for the majority of games.

I think Nintendo is trying to appeal to the Apple crowd with the tab style controller. And Apple have one massive crowd....

I'm sure they'll release a standard controller for the purists.

Yeah, I'm sure they'll release a standard controller for the purists - Nintendo love filling my world with shit-loads of tacky peripherals. This controller had best not be a lightweight afterthought like the MH3 controller.

It's reassuring to find that I'm not the only one critical of SS and of course, it's no surprise there are still those who adore the game - which is fair enough (ultimately I'm going to play it to completion as well, especially now I've heard about this "best ending ever" - although i think Princess Zelda would have to burst out of the screen, nosh me off and give me a winning lottery ticket to make it worth all the grinding, painstaking effort involved in SS), I'm pleased for Nintendo that they've got away with it this time - BUT THEY'D BETTER UP THEIR GAME NEXT TIME.

Too much planning, and you'll never get anything done.

Karl Pilkington.