By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Holy @#$%: SEGA is teasing Skies of Arcadia and Shenmu HD to be the next DC HD titles

Sega teases Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia HD
"We may be working on them."
by Sal Romano [@salromano] at 09:18 AM EDT, March 14, 2012 .

Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia may be the next Dreamcast titles in line to hit download services, if a tease from Sega associate brand manager Ben Harbone is anything to go by.

Asked by GameReactor during a Jet Set Radio interview whether fans should continue to voice out on what Dreamcast games they want to see, Harbone responded:

“Yes, definitely, but I can tell you what it’s going to be – it’s going to be Shenmue. And, well, Skies of Arcadia, as well.

“Those are a couple of our most requested games. I can’t say ‘yes’ or ‘no,’ but we may be working on them,” he teased.

The latest Dreamcast download release, Jet Set Radio, is due this summer for PlayStation Network, Xbox LIVE Arcade, and PC.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
And this is awesome why? i would be shocked, if fans didn't own these game already.

How is this not awesome, people would like this because the fans get to play the game in nice hd, while the newcomers get to experience the games that fans like on recent consoles.

RolStoppable said:
And this is awesome why? i would be shocked, if fans didn't own these game already.

Becuase SEGA is actually paying attention to the games that made them great to begin with. Maybe this this may say something about futre projects based of interest of these re releases( gauging/raising interest is half to point of these re releases). Also, Since when has owning a game stopped somebody from rebuying it?

Anytime SEGA revisits is Legacy Catalouge It's always a good thing.

RolStoppable said:

And this is awesome why? I would be shocked, if fans didn't own these game already.

I'll be damned if I'm going to hunt down a Gamecube copy of Skies, much less buy a Dreamcast; XBLA, though, that would be doable.

Who cares about current fans? This could potentially benefit me.

Hmmm never played Skies of Arcadia, but it looked pretty good.
Would gladly play it on my 360.

Shenmue ? Well played that on my friends DC back in the days. Looked great, but wasn't impressed by the gameplay. Got myself Shenmue 2 for Xbox, but never finished it. Was an alright game though.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
blkfish92 said:
RolStoppable said:

How is this not awesome, people would like this because the fans get to play the game in nice hd, while the newcomers get to experience the games that fans like on recent consoles.

If they are the same as other Dreamcast HD titles, they will just be the same games in HD. But a game like Skies of Arcadia is in desperate need of changes. The Gamecube version had already better loading times and other improvements, but it still felt too slow in 2003. The majority of people who play SoA for the first time in 2012 will wonder how somebody could even like that game in the first place. Just about everything seems to take forever.

You're such a damn pessimest, shutting down things you dislike on the forum. It's annoying as shit.

Well, I have both the DC and GC versions of Skies of Arcadia, although I never did get around to playing them (most of my time on DC was spent on Phantasy Star Online). As for Shenmue, I have never played that game.

This is just the inner trophy "hunter" in me, but I hope they do the games justice and have a full achievement/trophy list, like 1,000GS and a platinum trophy.

i think it's great news! both were some of the best games at that time and most did never play them. ok those games suffer a lot with those graphics nowadays even in hd but it would be still great for me to get skies of arcadia one more time because i never ended the game. no clue why but i didn't.

Don't fuck with me SEGA....I've been trying to find Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue for so long.....

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

If that tease turns out to just be a tease, I'm gonna find that guy and kick him in the throat.

I am the Playstation Avenger.