By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - More discussions with SE's Wada: tune change delux

Koichi Ishii actually was talking about an SoM remake last year in an interview but said he'd make it only if fans demanded.

I'm kind of afraid of a remake though.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

Yep, too much of a legendary game to try a remake, especially after the mediocre DS outings (although they stray too much from the formulae)

breadie said:
FF13 on Wii?

No, but one of presumibly six games in Fabula Nova Cristallis on Wii/DS, maybe.

On topic, I believe when I see ( and play ).  

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

FinalEvangelion said:
If FF XIV got announced for the Wii, FF XIII would be the grand finale for my gaming career.

My FF grand final in my career was FF7 on PS1/PC ( FF9 was nice , too ).

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

this is what I think of his word, and is purely from my opinion. looking at his word and the release schedule of S.E it clearly shows that he is trying not to offend any wii or DS(DQIV) owner while not supporting the wii seriously(dont try to argue here, what high budge game had S.E announced for the wii??I believe NONE!), so his word of support the fastest selling console had no merrit at all!. if he really think Wii is a vaible console S.E should've atleast announce some good thing for the Wii by now, so in my humble opninion he is full of shit!.

Around the Network
Pk9394 said:
this is what I think of his word, and is purely from my opinion. looking at his word and the release schedule of S.E it clearly shows that he is trying not to offend any wii or DS(DQIV) owner while not supporting the wii seriously(dont try to argue here, what high budge game had S.E announced for the wii??I believe NONE!), so his word of support the fastest selling console had no merrit at all!. if he really think Wii is a vaible console S.E should've atleast announce some good thing for the Wii by now, so in my humble opninion he is full of shit!.

Have you even looked at FF:CC The Crystal Bearers? That looks FFXII-ish.

routsounmanman said:
Pk9394 said:

let me rephase this, I should say High budget game? or a main series instead of a spin-off

Pk9394 said:
routsounmanman said:
Pk9394 said:

let me rephase this, I should say High budget game? or a main series instead of a spin-off

I agree with you to some extent, Pk, and I think this can be applied to almost all third parties thus far: they say they like the Wii, and that they will develop for it, but no one has really shown a major, non-spinoff franchise in development for the Wii yet. I'd argue that most of these franchises were already well into development by the time the Wii hit though, of course -- for example, both DQ and FF were clearly well into their cycles by the time the Wii even launched, let alone by the time it became a phenomenon, and given that DQ is on the DS instead, I'm still not sure they'd change anything. Mid level titles like Star Ocean are all that's left from SE in particular. 

Still, you'd figure someone would have announced something big by now, yes? And we've got Monster Hunter so far. A good start I suppose, but entirely Japanese in focus, and thus not of much concern to us English speakers on boards like these, other than as a symbolic talking point. 

We'll see. I think the reasons for the lack of major announcements are varied, but include:

1) Uncertainty about the Wii's future, regardless of its sales
2) Lack of certainty about what to put on the platform to sell
3) Lack of knowledge of the controller and fear of poor results a la Red Steel
4) Fear of Nintendo's software strength
5) Some developers not wishing to develop games with lower end graphics
6) Almost all major franchises from all developers were already financially tied to the PS360 platforms by the time the Wii began to dominate, and could not be reversed.

I think all 6 of these different reasons apply to the third parties, in different amounts. Frankly, I think number 6 is easily the biggest inhibitor, but we'll see if that's true as time goes on. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Pk9394 said:
routsounmanman said:
Pk9394 said:

Fair enough.

@Bodhesatva

I think number 4 is the most critical reason for 3rd parties to haven't yet embraced the Wii as they should (you can put could here). What they don't seem to understand though is that good and known software (like Resident Evil, Final Fantasy,etc) will always sell and that Nintendomination as wii call it (excuse the pun) was brought by the lack of 3rd party games on Nintendo platforms since the N64 days.

And how is it being Bodhesatva?