By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Game of Thrones (TV series) Official Thread

benao87 said:
binary solo said:
benao87 said:
binary solo said:
A bit of a let down. I was hoping for Jon and Qhorin to have a conversation, for Qhorin to give Jon his instructions. So things with Jon ended on a low note for me.

What can I say about Robb and Florence Bonesaw (aka Talissa). That was completely messed up. Really weakly done this subplot, from start to finish it was stupid. This one thing drags the episode down. Roll on the re...no that would be spoiling it.

I think Varys, Theon, Bran and The Fist of the First Men saved the show for me. Poor old Tyrion it's all down hill from here old chum.

This season had some big disappointments in it. Lets hope S3 improves.

Wait, what? wtf? It is possible to expand this thing without adding to many spoilers?

And, I was quite dissapointed, is like they had to juggle with so many issues that at the end only few of them concluded well, and the rest just were poorly handled.

The Fist of the First Men = the place where the Night's watch are encamped and about to be besieged by the White Walkers and their band of merry unmen. One let down there of course was Sam "hiding" behind a rock. Under normal circumstances that would mean death and resurrection as a zombie, especially as the WW looked directly at him. Sure, he ain;t gonna see Sam as any kind of threat, but an unSam will be as fearless an unWarrior as any dead hero of the Nigth's Watch / Wildling Horde. Not that I'm confirming or denying Sam's survival as a still living breathing non-brain eating person in S3. It's just that either way it's a stupid cliff to be hanging from: Sam's dead - well duh! Sam's allive - WTF!?! in what universe does an army of undead ever pass up a fresh piece of meat served up to them without a fight? Epic fail at horror 101. Stupid writing for that final scene.

Oh Arya's ending was very good too, still plenty diluted from the book but way better conclusion than some of the other character Arcs.

Arya's ending was awesome, I was truly shocked.

Yeah I knew about the place called like that, but still have some questions about that zombie army. Oh well, I need to get to those books.

Do you think Jaqen could be Syrio? How would a bamf like Jaqen end up in the Kings Landing dungeons except that he wanted to be there for a particular purpose? Me I think Syrio is probably dead, for real, but the mystery is what was Jaqen's purpose in being in those dungeons, and if it wasn't to get picked up to be sent to the Wall so he could look out for Arya then what's his true mission in Westeros?

Oh so you want to know about the zombie army. Actually you probably know almost as much as anyone who's read all the published books. The zombies are the reanimated dead (people, animals, etc) from North of the Wall. Likely the wildlings only started burning their dead some time after they discovered the dead cambe back to life. The thing that was spoiled early in S2 which readers only find out later in Book 3 is the connection between the White Walkers and Craster's sons. Other than explaining more what that connection is, book readers are no more clued in on White Walkers than TV show watchers. It's not directly shown, but you can deduce from the TV show that zombies are made by the White Walkers, indeed it's not directly shown in the books either. The true origin of White Walkers isn't really known, though speculation is that it might be some icy subversion of a Satan type metaphysical being. I'm not big on fantasy where you're fighting a big bad force of darkness and evil, so if there is a malevolent metaphysical entity then I hope it can only act through minions and can never personify itself in the world.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
benao87 said:

Arya's ending was awesome, I was truly shocked.

Yeah I knew about the place called like that, but still have some questions about that zombie army. Oh well, I need to get to those books.

Do you think Jaqen could be Syrio? How would a bamf like Jaqen end up in the Kings Landing dungeons except that he wanted to be there for a particular purpose? Me I think Syrio is probably dead, for real, but the mystery is what was Jaqen's purpose in being in those dungeons, and if it wasn't to get picked up to be sent to the Wall so he could look out for Arya then what's his true mission in Westeros?

Oh so you want to know about the zombie army. Actually you probably know almost as much as anyone who's read all the published books. The zombies are the reanimated dead (people, animals, etc) from North of the Wall. Likely the wildlings only started burning their dead some time after they discovered the dead cambe back to life. The thing that was spoiled early in S2 which readers only find out later in Book 3 is the connection between the White Walkers and Craster's sons. Other than explaining more what that connection is, book readers are no more clued in on White Walkers than TV show watchers. It's not directly shown, but you can deduce from the TV show that zombies are made by the White Walkers, indeed it's not directly shown in the books either. The true origin of White Walkers isn't really known, though speculation is that it might be some icy subversion of a Satan type metaphysical being. I'm not big on fantasy where you're fighting a big bad force of darkness and evil, so if there is a malevolent metaphysical entity then I hope it can only act through minions and can never personify itself in the world.

Wow mate, hold on. I still haven't bought the first one. But, still, thanks for the reply :)

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
just finish watching the last 2 episodes and HOLY SHIT , the 9 episode was fucking great , didnt like much how winterfell situation is now , why ? wtf :(

the pain waiting months for the new season :(

As I say to everyone anxious to find out what happens next: read the books

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

binary solo said:
Poor old Tyrion it's all down hill from here old chum.

YOU FUCKING SPOILER! I was hoping Tyrion would regain power somehow, but you just eliminated all that hope, I hope your satisfied. I hope you get banned for this post.

Just watched the second season in one day. Can someone tell me what happened to Winterfell in the last episode? Is this a cliffhanger or am I missing something?

So I'm really into the show but my wife has been reading the books and what kills me now is the same thing that killed me with Hunger Games.

Why the fuck not make it longer to include more story? Why is this only 10 episodes and why did season TWO cover books 2 AND 3?

@Jay520 its burned down completely. The books tell you who and why, but the episode left it open. S3 must explain it I guess.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
So I'm really into the show but my wife has been reading the books and what kills me now is the same thing that killed me with Hunger Games.

Why the fuck not make it longer to include more story? Why is this only 10 episodes and why did season TWO cover books 2 AND 3?

@Jay520 its burned down completely. The books tell you who and why, but the episode left it open. S3 must explain it I guess.

I feel ur pain, bro.

about Winterfell. Okay, I thought I may have missed something.

i want to continue the story, but I don't want to start reading. It's so damn boring & lame!

Jay520 said:
superchunk said:

I feel ur pain, bro.

i want to continue the story, but I don't want to start reading. It's so damn boring & lame!

It really isn't. The book version of anything always provides you with more detail, more context, more backstory and more character development.

Dismissing all books as boring and lame is as absurd as dismissing all TV programs as mindless and empty of meaning, or all games as immature and full of violence.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Jay520 said:
superchunk said:

I feel ur pain, bro.

It really isn't. The book version of anything always provides you with more detail, more context, more backstory and more character development.

Dismissing all books as boring and lame is as absurd as dismissing all TV programs as mindless and empty of meaning, or all games as immature and full of violence.

yeah but with books you gotta think and use imagination and hard stuff like that. I'd rather just hypnotically sit back and look at the images on the TV. It's like my brain goes into a sedated mode & all I gotta do is let the sounds & visuals flow through me. Thinking is not fun sir.

lol I was joking, of course books aren't all lame and boring.

superchunk said:

Season 2 doesn't really cover books 2 and 3, it just includes a few parts of book 3 so that certain characters aren't missed, also so they don't loose the actors to other projects. Or else we would not have seen Jamie Lanister at all this season. From what I hear book 3 is going to be possibly divided into two seasons, with a certain big event in that book being the season finale.

Two you say this but my wife read books 2/3 and said it did a lot of book 3. idk... she is a woman tho and we know how conniving and vicious that species is.