By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Fanboy party!

Ok, I just wanna say about 3 things.

1st. I rember a few months back when all the nintendo guys told the sony guys... me... and basically me... That fanboys gets really rabbid, and defensive, and tend to fabacrate things when their console is in trouble. I rember it. Does any one else?

2nd. Has anyone noticed that the Wii fanboys are getting kinda... rabbid and defensive?

3rd. Does anyone know WHY the Wii fanboys are getting kinda... rabbid and defensive?

(this is not a troll-fest, this is something I noticed, and I am seriously curious. Usually the nintendo group is on the offensive agianst sony, but now it seems every anti-sony news is great news for nintendo, and anything bad for nintendo is bad for sony... and everything sony says is a lie, yet, they are saying sony said stuff and lied about, that sony didnt even say. Seriously, why is the nintendo group getting defensive? Do they feel theatend? None of those AMAZING game announce-ments nintendo was supposed to make? What is it? Lack of games? 3rd party games Falling on their face? Why are they on the defensive?) 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

having to answer dumb questions like this from the Sony fanboys perhaps?

I kid, I kid. But really, the 360 needs more love around here.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Well I wouldn't say only Nintendo fans... It seem people here don't see how they act. Fanboys, whatever the console is, are defensive about the product they love and don't open their eye. Three words: close minded, selfishness and hate.

Ok first off. I never said this wasnt a Sony Fanboy post? Or did I? :o

Second. I'm just pointing out that the nintendo crowd is REALLY defensive here lately. (Us sony boys have a damn good reason to be. Our console is selling fairly bad.)

Third. So far no-one who has replyed are the people who are being defensive for the Wii.

I'm not saying being a fanboy is bad. I'm not pointing fingers. I just thought... The Wii crowd seems to be on the defensive for some reason here lately. 

Kwaad said:

Second. I'm just pointing out that the nintendo crowd is REALLY defensive here lately. (Us sony boys have a damn good reason to be. Our console is selling fairly bad.)

Third. So far no-one who has replyed are the people who are being defensive for the Wii.

I'm not saying being a fanboy is bad. I'm not pointing fingers. I just thought... The Wii crowd seems to be on the defensive for some reason here lately. 

Ahhh okies fair enough... I agree though... But whoever it is, I think it's annoying. I enjoy any console as long as there are good games on it. I don't have much money though (damn bills!) so I usually buy Nintendo consoles first but then when the price drops I buy Sony... I think it's stupid to say that X console is kiddy and X console is just caring about graphics. Bashing makes only people angry and it makes people look annoying and close minded.

Oh and I will just add that what I'm saying now isn't directed at you, it's for people in general.

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure I'm one of your targets Kwaad; Since you've called me a Fanboy in regards to Nintendo in another thread.

As I've stated in that thread, I'm not a Nintendo Fanboy although I am supporting them the most this round. They aren't even my favorite gaming company. ( That goes to SEGA as I liked their consoles better, plus I played lots of arcades growing up and SEGA always delivered on that level too.)

Plus, like I said before, I've owned more Sony consoles than you, thus by your own standards:

-- I'm a bigger Sony Fanboy than you are!--

No attempts to be rabid and defensive on my end, at least not intentionally. I've just been trying to cut through all the B.S. arguments and spin I've seen lately. Lots of holes in-which the arguments can't hold water.

Do I feel threatened? Nope.

I’m not going to cry if Nintendo doesn’t end up #1 in the market. Actually, being a SEGA fan, I’m use to supporting the loser.

I do feel Nintendo has the best direction for gaming as a whole which is the main reason I’m supporting them ( as I’m sure you feel the same about Sony and why you support PS3 the most.)

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355

Kwaad said:

Give some names - who is being defensive...?? also point us towards some posts please (a couple of examples at least!). Or we'll just think that you are being even more defensive ;)

I would say its the complete opposite. There is nothing but good news for the Wii (sales, sell-outs, new game announcements, etc) - a lot to report (pure news), so there isn't a lot to be defensive about? Sony fanboys on the other hand (as you rightly pointed out ;).

I also wish that the 360 had more loving - maybe now that we get weekly US charts, and the numbers are (quite) positive for the 360 - we'll get a few more pro-MS posters around.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Lolita - I think that nintendo typically does make kiddie games. However I will admit that I have pikmin, as well as many other nintendo games. However nintendo does typically stick with the kiddie games. (I dont know why, I wish they wouldnt because they make some damn great games) I have a Wii... gathering dust... in my bedroom.

DoesWhatNintenDont - Yup you are! :D

Shams - I dont say names. :P However you seem quite the defensive in that post of yours. Back to my point. WHY. 

Kwaad said:

Lolita - I think that nintendo typically does make kiddie games. However I will admit that I have pikmin, as well as many other nintendo games. However nintendo does typically stick with the kiddie games. (I dont know why, I wish they wouldnt because they make some damn great games) I have a Wii... gathering dust... in my bedroom.

Tell me what's a kiddy game? Is it something that doesn't have an M rating and senseless killing, blood, drugs and whores? Sorry but I don't think those games are much more mature... Look at the core of it. Blood omg teh blood, I bleed once per month and I don't have fun looking at it.

Seriously, people who play those games think they're so mature... -_-' They pass by some really good games because it's not "mature" enough... All cause of their full of testosterone ego.

If you ask me, hello kitty is a kiddy game, it is especially aimed at kids. Tell me what are the "kiddy" games Nintendo makes and explain why it's kiddy then I might have some respect for you.

I really don't think you can point fingers at Nintendo fans for maybe enjoying the success of the Wii, i am sure you have been on this site for years possibly your life because you have a very small one outside of these pathetic console wars and i believe you would have been talking up the PS1 and 2 much more during their success. You make these pointless threads about Nintendo or its fans and assure us all that your not having a go at anyone just "wondering" about something. May i ask a question, Why? Does personally attacking people because of their preferences in games make you feel better about yourself, have you got nothing better to do, are you attempting to make everyone hate the Wii and make them love the PS3?

You know there is a reason you are consistently in these little debates because you insult, attack and belittle people for no reason, you make these pathetic attempts to "convert" people to your "gaming culture", does that even matter let these people play their dam games, choose their own consoles to buy and have FUN with games because thats what they were originally made for.

You would be such a great dictator....
Zich Heil Kwaad?