By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you hate and love most in this gaming generation?

I hate digital only games and wish games like Alan Wake American Nightmare and Mega Man 9/10 were available in physical form so I can set them on my shelf with all my other games. I hate fanatical fanboys who degenerate any gaming conversation into a system war. I hate 3rd party exclusives because I believe everything but 1st party developed games should be available to the largest possible audience. I hate the focus on multiplayer online gaming, I think all games should have compelling single player campaign not just some bot filled maps staged on as an afterthought.

I love the quality of games today, for example Mass Effect is just amazing. I love the competition that is causing the quality of games to increase exponentially. I love that older games are coming back as HD remakes like Halo Anniversary or emulated re-releases like Sonic The Hedgehog, instead of getting forgotten about at the bottom a used bin in Gamestop. I love that gaming is going so mainstream, soon the term gamer will have as little meaning as movie goer because there's no negative stigma or stereotype about "movie goers".

Around the Network

What I love: Online features

What I hate: Online features

That's it really, the introduction of online has both benefited and hurt gaming. I'll probably give a more detailed answer tomorrow when I see this in my forum buddy.

ryuzaki57 said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
ryuzaki57 said:

What I hate : Microsoft, Japanese developers siding with Microsoft, Japanese developers trying to westernize their games.

What I like : Valkyria Chronicles, Hyperdimension Neptune 1&2, trophies, online gaming (FPS & fighting games), Japanese developers not siding with Microsoft (understand : NIS America), Japanese developpers not trying to westernize their games (understand : NIS America).

That's because you don't like Xbawks 360? It's a neat machine for Japanese games.

Hyperdimension Neptunia is quite mediocre.

I didn't say that Hyperdimension Neptune was a masterpiece (even if I do think so), I said I liked it which I'm perfectly free to do. Your sentence is offensive and pointless. I didn't say I didn't like Xbox360, I say I didn't like Microsoft, because they stole Vesperia and Star Ocean 4 from us. Again, which I'm perfectly free to do.

So, I'm not perfectly free to reply to your argument too? Ok. But to make it clear, i wasn't trying to be ofensive, sorry if i was.

Anyway, the only reason why i replied you was that seems kinda wrong to say that MS "stole" a game from you. As a consumer you should know how to make your decisions better. For example i brough the Xbox 360 just to play Vesperia. Before that, i was still undecided about what to get, especially when the PS3 wasn't living for the expectations (kind of. iirc it already had VC and Demon's Souls).

Besides, f*ck it. Graces was released on the Wii first. Shouldn't i feel mad at Sony for stealing my game too? Damn Sony, stealin mah games and stuff. >:(

Ontopic:

What i like:

- Online, arcade/indie games

Dislike:

- Sony stealin my games, Nintendo not stealing enough games.

Love: my PS3 + amazing exclusives.
hate: PS3 Fanboys