By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS graphical advances made Resident Evil: Revelations possible

sethnintendo said:
oni-link said:

It really is above what the GCN and in many respect what the Wii was able to do.

I disagree.  It is better than a GCN but not the Wii.  It is close enough and doesn't really matter though.  To be close to Wii like graphics for a handheld is pretty damn fine in my book.  Add the 3D effect and I'm sold.  While it isn't a total game changer I really enjoy how the 3D looks in the games I've played so far.  It doesn't blow me away but it makes it look a lot nicer.

The GCN was capable of 8-12M poly/s with all effects on. If you consider that the Wii was about 50% more powerful than the GCN; than the Wii is only capable of anywhere between 12-18M poly/s.  The PICA 200 has 15.3M polys (at the standard speed of 200Mhz) running on better textures, shaders and such while optimized in 3D!!!  The 3DS is rumored to be running the PICA200 at 266Mhz, while running their dual core CPU @800mhz http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_3DS (a little faster than the Wii); hence the 3DS is slightly more capable than the Wii.  That's why 1st generation games like RE:R is already looking as good if not slightly better than the best Wii games out there.  Though that might still be a far cry from what the Vita is able to do; but that's a diffrent matter all together.

Around the Network
Paul said:
sethnintendo said:
oni-link said:

It really is above what the GCN and in many respect what the Wii was able to do.

I disagree.  It is better than a GCN but not the Wii.  It is close enough and doesn't really matter though.  To be close to Wii like graphics for a handheld is pretty damn fine in my book.  Add the 3D effect and I'm sold.  While it isn't a total game changer I really enjoy how the 3D looks in the games I've played so far.  It doesn't blow me away but it makes it look a lot nicer.

What wii game looked better than RE:revelations in your opinion?

Only played the demo of RE:R but I believe MH3 looks better even on a 1080p 44" TV to me.  I also think Mario Kart Wii is more polished than MK7.  RE4 on Wii probably looks better than RE:R also.

sethnintendo said:
Paul said:
sethnintendo said:
oni-link said:

Only played the demo of RE:R but I believe MH3 looks better even on a 1080p 44" TV to me.  I also think Mario Kart Wii is more polished than MK7.  RE4 on Wii probably looks better than RE:R also.

I actually played resident evil 4 on the wii just the other day to compare to revelations on the 3DS and revelations is far better than 4. Textures, character models, effects, lighting, everything is much better on the 3DS. It's not even close. Revelations is closer to resident evil 5 than it is to 4.

Paul said:
sethnintendo said:
Paul said:

I actually played resident evil 4 on the wii just the other day to compare to revelations on the 3DS and revelations is far better than 4. Textures, character models, effects, lighting, everything is much better on the 3DS. It's not even close. Revelations is closer to resident evil 5 than it is to 4.

Granted it was pretty much a port with enhanced Wii remote gameplay.  MK Wii and MK7.  I've played both and MK Wii looks better.  MK7 looks good thouhg.  Doesn't the screen size have a little to due with resolution.  Playing something on a few inches screen would make it look sharper over a game being played on 44+" HDTV with only a 480p max resolution (for the Wii).

Paul said:
sethnintendo said:
Paul said:
sethnintendo said:
oni-link said:

That's because Resident Evil 4 is a 7 year old game. 

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:
Paul said:
sethnintendo said:
Paul said:
sethnintendo said:
oni-link said:

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Are you Yoda from the star wars movies? So wise.

Paul said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Paul said:
sethnintendo said:
Paul said:
sethnintendo said:
oni-link said:

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Are you Yoda from the star wars movies? So wise.

Sick burn.

Paul said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Paul said:
sethnintendo said:
Paul said:
sethnintendo said:
oni-link said:

sethnintendo said:
Paul said:
sethnintendo said:
oni-link said:

monster hunter tri g runs at 60 fps in 3d, adds real time self shadowning, though it does have slight cut backs in geometry and textures it isn't equal to the 4x the framerate of the wii original, also again mk7 is running at twice the frame rate of mkwii,

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was the 3DS vs Wii graphics thread made due to this thread? I never joined the debate there but I believe the thread popped up shortly after this thread got into Wii vs 3DS.