By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS graphical advances made Resident Evil: Revelations possible

To give mercenaries some credit....... it is a lot of fun playing it online, sure, you only get mercenaries mode, but due to not having to bend down to pick up items, the game is fast and fluid, its far better than Resi 4 & 5 merc modes, at around the £15/$20 mark its well worth it.

and so you know, i play it at various times of the day, and the online side of it is alive and kicking.

As for REvelations.......... Graphically beautiful, lots of scares and tension, lengthy campaign, and raid mode....... well, its superb both by yourself and in co-op mode, best new game i have played in the last year.

Around the Network

Still need to get this game... Do you need Circle pad pro to play it?

I'm glad Capcom decided to fully utilize the graphical capability of the 3DS!!! Despite, being less powerful than the Vita (something that has been brought up too many times) the system is a very competent machine. It really is above what the GCN and in many respect what the Wii was able to do. I am happy to see what Nintendo's little handheld could do when a developer really utilizes the system's specs (a competent one with the PICA 200 GPU, a 800mhz dual core CPU, and 128MB FCRAM). Hopefully other developers will follow suit and I continue to hope the system's casual games continue to remain at the back-end of the development focus.

Cant wait to see all the cool games for the WiiU with its graphical advance.

Hopefully, other third party developers are watching Capcoms success and jump on with titles of their own.

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

oni-link said:

It really is above what the GCN and in many respect what the Wii was able to do.

I disagree.  It is better than a GCN but not the Wii.  It is close enough and doesn't really matter though.  To be close to Wii like graphics for a handheld is pretty damn fine in my book.  Add the 3D effect and I'm sold.  While it isn't a total game changer I really enjoy how the 3D looks in the games I've played so far.  It doesn't blow me away but it makes it look a lot nicer.

Around the Network

Are they really saying this game wasn't possible on the PSP? cuz I'm pretty sure there was one in development and as far as we know, this is it.

VGKing said:
Are they really saying this game wasn't possible on the PSP? cuz I'm pretty sure there was one in development and as far as we know, this is it.

I wouldn't doubt that there was a Resident evil in development for the PSP, it was, and still is, a rather powerful little system, but I'm thinking it's the extras, such as streetpass and the steroscopic 3D that put the 3DS on top. I'm aware there are quite a few people that still think 3D is a gimmic, and I can't really blame them, considering I personally know several people that are incapable of seeing 3D effects. But to those of us able to see it, the effect is rather drastic for depth on RE: Revelations. 

Edit: Also forgot to mention, I believe that the game carts for the 3DS have more  available memory than UMDs. 2-4 gigs vs 1.8 gigs. Originally revelations was to be a 50.00 game because they were having to use a 4 gig card, but they managed to get it down to 2 gigs in time for a cheaper release. (Don't quote me on that, my memory is a bit fuzzy on the release of Revelations other than I thought it was awesome.)

I'm the result of someone exclusively playing Final Fantasy XI from the PS2 release till 2010, and only stopping for small bouts of catch up. 

3DS Friend Code: Tate - Uh.. stuff happened... I need to get a new 3DS 

Switch FC: SW-3272-7705-6029

If you add me, please let me know so I can add you back. =D

FFXI Character: Formally Tatewaki of Cerberus, Now Arngrim Of Sylph.  Retired forever. ; ;

FFXIV Character: Tate Raken of Hyperion

All time favorite game: Chrono Trigger. 

All time favorite Manga: One piece... Followed by Ranma 1/2. 

RolStoppable said:
hackles said:
Still need to get this game... Do you need Circle pad pro to play it?

No. All the Circle Pad does is allow you to strafe while aiming. Without it, your aim is locked to the same angle when you switch over to strafing.

Playing with d21lewis (who uses the CPP), I usually have better stats in both accuracy and damage taken, so you aren't at a real disadvantage if you don't have a CPP for this game.

Maybe he just sucks. Imagine how bad he would be without the circle pad!!!!

sethnintendo said:
oni-link said:

It really is above what the GCN and in many respect what the Wii was able to do.

I disagree.  It is better than a GCN but not the Wii.  It is close enough and doesn't really matter though.  To be close to Wii like graphics for a handheld is pretty damn fine in my book.  Add the 3D effect and I'm sold.  While it isn't a total game changer I really enjoy how the 3D looks in the games I've played so far.  It doesn't blow me away but it makes it look a lot nicer.

What wii game looked better than RE:revelations in your opinion?

Yeah, I'm thinking the Wii still looks better than the 3DS, but we have to remember, that games in the first few years for consoles don't always represent what is possible later on. We may very well see games on par with stuff like Xenoblade later on in the 3DS' life cycle.

I'm the result of someone exclusively playing Final Fantasy XI from the PS2 release till 2010, and only stopping for small bouts of catch up. 

3DS Friend Code: Tate - Uh.. stuff happened... I need to get a new 3DS 

Switch FC: SW-3272-7705-6029

If you add me, please let me know so I can add you back. =D

FFXI Character: Formally Tatewaki of Cerberus, Now Arngrim Of Sylph.  Retired forever. ; ;

FFXIV Character: Tate Raken of Hyperion

All time favorite game: Chrono Trigger. 

All time favorite Manga: One piece... Followed by Ranma 1/2.