By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox live vs PSN(SEN) - final thoughts

Well the new gen is finally kicking up and ready to move on which means the majority of big updates to the online experience for Xbox live and PSN is likely to be over now that the two companies are focusing on there next new OS for there new consoles, there's still quite a bit more years to the online of X360 and PS3 but the huge updates are likely to be non existent.

So it's time to finish this one now that everything is said and done. Who has the best online, PSN or Xbox Live.

A lot to factor in aswell guys, price, offers, features, improvement etc.

Around the Network

even imo

Well, in my experience these things tend to offend somebody because their chosen product was not universally endorsed. Personally I prefer Xbox Live because it has more functionality. That is not to say that PSN is bad but there are too many limitations. I like being able to browse and purchase Xbox Arcade games from my laptop, my phone or even from my Vita. PSN does not currently allow for this. I would even settle for the ability to buy PS3 games from my Vita and have them added to a download queue that begins when my PS3 is turned on. Many times I bought an XBLA game while getting ready to leave work and asked my better half to turn the 360 on while I was driving home. I'd have a new game downloaded and ready to play when I walked in.

Please... not this again.

Xbox live provides more downloadable games (Indie, Arcade). Provides demos for all of them. A larger library of on-demand games (retail boxed). Largest Cloud saving memory 512mb. The biggest library of entertainment apps (Music, live TV, TV on demand, Movie on demand). Easier to join people's lobbies (in my experience) and of course cross game chat. I pay $35.50 a year Amazon.

PSN A very good online service. People should give credit to Sony for keeping this free.
More F2P MMOs. PS+ best value for hardcore down loaders around here. $50 a year. PS+ only..

I also experienced that Xbox live players generally are better skilled online gamers. I think any converter would agree with me. Especially those who converted from Psn to XBL. Like me.

Short answer: Minecraft 4 player split screen XBOX 360!!!

All opinion.

Yay!!!

PSN on the vita makes the PSN on the ps3 look like a joke... all it needs though is a little bit more integration

mM
Around the Network

One is free and the other isn't

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

I don't pay for online services plastered with adverts.
Steam is better than both.

Gilgamesh, I expect better from you. Your threads always get heavy traffic. Why are you going this route?

LOL, this thread should be fun.

i always hear so much about how much more features and services xbox live has and for the most part i can only really call cross game chat and party system to mind

but on the other hand there isn't a 3D virtual world like home or free realms, no free to play games like dcuo etc

sure people like to say that xbl has more apps and stuff but sites like youtube, facebook etc can be accessed through the web browser anyway so imo its a fairly mute point

people also like to give the impression that xbla is far beyond what psn offers in terms of downloadable games and at this point in time i'm not so sure that's the case

then above and beyond all of that there's the fact psn is free, but its up to each person to decide which service they see as being more valuable for them