By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your gaming history

Ok each to there own I guess.

Around the Network

I was 2 when my older brother got his SNES and I didn't have time to enjoy it, although my brother gave it to me several years later. I started playing for "real'  in 1996 with my PS1 and I've prefered Sony ever since, despite owning several other consoles from Nintendo and Microsoft. I also have a decent PC, but I rarely play games on it.

SNES 1992
PS1 1996
N64 1998
PS2 2002
PSP 2006
PS3 2007
DS 2007
X360 2008
Wii 2008
PS Vita 2012

MegaDrive08 said:
Cos I was a Megadrive nut as a kid, it was a beast that console, Now I'm a Nintendo head :)

Yep, I went to Sega during the 16 bit era also.  I was about to win a SNES due to scoring a touchdown in football (USA football) but the play was called back for lineman down field.  It was my main chance to get one due to the fact that my dad promised to get a SNES if I scored a touchdown (which wasn't an easy feat being a tight end and in a rec league from 5th-6th grade which most of the plays were run plays).   I was so excited after getting the 60+ yard touchdown pass, I was screaming oh yea I'm getting a SNES! in the end zone then all of a sudden my dreams were dashed.  A fake penalty by a butt hurt local ref to offset my touchdown called on a player that wasn't even on the field during the play.  

Wow lol sounded like bad times sethnintendo, i'll have to go back and check your console history if I can find it, so you had a genesis then instead of a snes?

MegaDrive08 said:
Your not seriously classing the iPod touch and IPad as true games consoles?

I see five different types of gaming hardware in the video game market:

Arcade
PC
Console
Handheld
Mobile

How many do you?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

The first 4 of your list!!

MegaDrive08 said:
The first 4 of your list!!

Something that has evolved since the popular monochromatic snake has found its niche in the market. Just like pong, tetris or minesweeper did in the other ones.

But just like you said before. To each their own.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

mike_intellivision said:
MegaDrive08 said:
Damn mikeintellivision that's alot of hardware, do you still own all of that? You could start a gaming museum with all that, hell I would pay lol
I wish I'd kept all my consoles, I'm gonna start building a new collection starting with the 3ds.

That is a a current (approximate) inventory. As far as I know, it all works (though some of the older stuff would have to be tested).

Other than the Microvision (no regrets) and the Vectrex (some regrets, especially since it also had the legal multcart), I have it all.

Mike from Morgantown

(For those who don't know, GCE released all the games to the public domain when it pulled the system.)

surprised that there are no amigas in your collection.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

NES: Hand-me-down from my older brother who had moved onto the SNES when I was like three.
SNES: Again, a hand-me-down when he moved onto the N64 a few years later.
GB: My mum gave me it when she got a GBC in 1998.
N64: Once again, a hand-me-down because he went to college and had nowhere to put it :s
DC: A christmas present in '99. Good times, great console. Sad to see it was the end of SEGA.
GBC: Hand-me-down again when mum got a GBA.
NGC: Birthday present in '01, still my favourite.
GBA: Mum got me one because I wanted Pokemon Ruby and it was half price at some retailer.
PS2: Needed a DVD player.
DS: Christmas '04, got it with The Urbz and Sprung, the DS died six years later D':, but the games are still played regularly.
Wii: Had me excited about the risk Ninty was taking, first one I bought myself. Counting Backwards Compatibility, probably the best console Ninty's ever had.
3DS: Bought it at launch, best handheld Ninty's put out, great games, ambassador program and DS BC, well worth the $350 I sunk into it.

Amiga (600 I think): 'twas my bro's, but me and my baby bros played it alot!
Commendor 64: same as above.
NES: My very first own console - with a GOLDEN GAME included! That's one of my greatest birthday presents ever!
PC: We got our first PC with a demo of Warcraft 2 and Wolfenstein 3d - both kicked so much ass!
N64: This was my baby bro's, but I played it like it was mine ;)
PS1: Me and my baby bros got it together.
PS2: Again, my baby bro's, but we all played it.
PC: My first own PC. I got it when I moved out...
PC: Upgraded it a few years later.
PC: Same as above...
Wii: Me and my gal got it together...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.