By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita game heaven (tengoku) thread! Phantasy Star Online 2 coming to Vita!!!

http://andriasang.com/con08u/vita_videos/

More video DLC and such.

Around the Network

Well, that was a bit disappointing.

I suppose too much expectation is to blame.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Sounds like decent news for people in Japan. I am only a fan of MGS in those titles but I don't want to rebuy them.

Sony are in real trouble in Japan with the Vita. While some games here will provide nice boosts (SRW, PSO2, P4) there is no megaton here. No final fantasy, no monster hunter, no price drop, no new colours, no new bundles etc etc. PSO2 could possibly be a million seller long term if absolutely everything went right for it however it's still a LONG way out (end of year possibly).

It is genuinely looking like apart from a small burst when P4 comes out in 3months time that the Vita is going to be around or below the 10k mark for over half a year. If so it is going to utterly destroy developers confidence in the platform. At E3 Sony need to come out in total support of the Vita with everything they have.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

If they leave they'll come back. There's over a 100 games coming just this year. There's something for everyone just about. If they leave the system now when everyone is hungry for games, that's their own fault. A decent game early in a consoles life means good sales. Look a resistance for example. (loved the games by the way) the only decent game at ps3 launch and it sold pretty well. 3 which was a far better game than the first sold way less because of all the other good an better games out at the time. I've heard nothing about vita developers jumping ship, source?

Around the Network
Mmmfishtacos said:
If they leave they'll come back. There's over a 100 games coming just this year. There's something for everyone just about. If they leave the system now when everyone is hungry for games, that's their own fault. A decent game early in a consoles life means good sales. Look a resistance for example. (loved the games by the way) the only decent game at ps3 launch and it sold pretty well. 3 which was a far better game than the first sold way less because of all the other good an better games out at the time. I've heard nothing about vita developers jumping ship, source?

And you believe every single one of those games will be released internationally this year, then? 

The thing is, at least half of those won't be worth talking about. Then, about 5 will reach 500k units sold (not including games already out WW), and maybe one or two will hit a million, eventually. 

The point is, the Vita neither has the games in the pipeline to keep it selling consistently over long periods of time, and that's an issue. I was hoping, like a lot of people, those games would be announced today. Sadly, that isn't the case.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Wagram said:

Sounds like decent news for people in Japan. I am only a fan of MGS in those titles but I don't want to rebuy them.

Actually it is pretty mehish even for Japan. 

There's enough in it's first year to keep it going, even if only 50 game drop this year. Its first year has a better line up than both the 360 and ps3's launch year. Theres news on games just about everyday. Also it's only been out 3 weeks world wide. Games will come. I have enough now to last at least 3 months. Couldn't say that for any other system I bought a launch.

Zim said:
Sony are in real trouble in Japan with the Vita. While some games here will provide nice boosts (SRW, PSO2, P4) there is no megaton here. No final fantasy, no monster hunter, no price drop, no new colours, no new bundles etc etc. PSO2 could possibly be a million seller long term if absolutely everything went right for it however it's still a LONG way out (end of year possibly).

It is genuinely looking like apart from a small burst when P4 comes out in 3months time that the Vita is going to be around or below the 10k mark for over half a year. If so it is going to utterly destroy developers confidence in the platform. At E3 Sony need to come out in total support of the Vita with everything they have.

even if everything goes right, PSO2 will not be a million seller. It's an online MMORPG. You might have mixed it up with PSP2 or PSV.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

What are you guys complaining about? Were all of you expecting insane amount of games or something? I for one am pretty satisfied, all good games and all will be solid sellers.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype