By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo News Thread: "Born a Nintendo Fan, die a Nintendo fan!

Tagged games:

What would you give for Nintendo to be #1 again this gen?

500 dollars 1,316 72.35%

Kidney 2 0.11%

Soul 9 0.49%

virginity 16 0.88%

Your favorite puppy 6 0.33%

Your 1,000 dollar copy of Xenoblades 8 0.44%

An hour of your time 26 1.43%

Other ( post below) 6 0.33%

....Left testicle.... 13 0.71%

Pezus's freedom 22 1.21%

Total:1,424
spurgeonryan said:

Musical Epic Mickey 2 "Won't Make You Sing"

Posted Mon, 02 Apr 2012 | 15:00 BST by Thomas Whitehead

This looks damn awesome. I'm excited for it.

Get a Free Farming Simulator 3DS Demo, Europe

Posted Mon, 02 Apr 2012 | 09:15 BST by James Newton

Huzzah!

Our excitement is too much

I love farming simulators. I played Sim Farm as a kid and just loved it, amazing game. I was also hooked on Farmville for a while. But this looks like shovelware sooo....

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

Unnamed devs say Wii U not as powerful as 360/PS3, lacks shaders and more

"No, it's not up to the same level as the PS3 or the 360. The graphics are just not as powerful." - Dev 1
"Yeah, that's true. It doesn't produce graphics as well as the PS3 or the 360. There aren't as many shaders, it's not as capable. Sure, some things are better, mostly as a result of it being a more modern design. But overall the Wii U just can't quite keep up." - Dev 2

Another dev talked a bit about the controller, stating information we already knew. Where things get different is when he mentions the idea of redesigning the Wiimote to have a different look but same tech.

"The whole thing about the tablet controller is that you only get one of them, and you can only use one and it's not completely independent. The base console has to be on, and you have to be in range." Queried about other controllers, the source was clear: "Other controllers are just Wiimotes, or other Wii controllers. They may change the form factor or looks a bit, but it's the same controller."

Link

Developer fail.  I suspect this is nothing more than a dev or two that is stuck with the version 1 or version 2 of the SDK and are making these claims to pressure Nintendo into sending them a more current SDK.

2 anonymous devs = Weaker than PS3/X360.
Sega, Vigil, Ubisoft, Gearbox and others  = Stronger than PS3/X360.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Wait, so it's less powerful than the 360/PS3 now? That's insane

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

November is great month for Wii U. Glad the international dates aren't far apart too!

Those devs words have no value until they can name themselves. This is probably an attempt to drive Nintendo or to cause an conspiracy. Anyway, I'm not believing them.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

spurgeonryan said:

Well that is the second or third developer now isn't? I hope you are right. Even just a little stronger would make me happy.

I am 100% confident that the WiiU is more powerful than a system that released SEVEN YEARS before it did (will). 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Any Apple controller would be an optional accessory. As such, I don't expect many games to fully support it. However, it could be vital for genres that are difficult to reproduce without sticks and buttons, such and fighting games. Yet, given the state of the App Store, I don't think the controller would do much to entice publishers to release console-sized (or even 3DS/Vita sized) blockbusters on iPad.

Limited appeal, in my opinion.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

I hope they have 4

79.99 is pretty reasonable. I wouldn't mind paying it, it's not like you can't use your Wii Remotes for some games. Also, if Nintendo includes it with the console you really have enough... spending an extra 80$ is just as bad as 60$ for SoftWare.

Nintendo has revealed their line-up for PAX East in Boston. Those who visit Nintendo’s booth can play Mario Tennis OpenSpirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir, and Ketzal’s Corridors, an eShop game. There will also be a multiplayer tournament for Kid Icarus: Uprising multiplayer tournament, along with augmented reality cards to collect. You can read all the details in a press release after the break.

###

PRESS RELEASE

Nintendo is giving attendees at this year’s PAX East show an up-close look at the remarkable features, games and entertainment options made possible by the Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system. Taking place April 6-8 in Boston, PAX East will also be the site of special activities designed to help celebrate the recent launch of Kid Icarus™: Uprising for Nintendo 3DS. Attendees can take part in a scavenger hunt for select Kid Icarus: Uprising AR Cards; trade, share and collect additional AR Cards; and take part in a multiplayer tournament 6-9 p.m. on Friday, April 6, in the Handheld Lounge. Attendees who would like to participate in the tournament can bring their own Nintendo 3DS and Kid Icarus: Uprising game card and use almost any Weapon or Power they have earned in the tournament.

Nintendo 3DS games that will be playable at PAX East include Mario Tennis™ Open (launching May 20), Spirit Camera™: The Cursed Memoir (launching April 13), Kid Icarus: Uprising and Mario Kart™ 7. Visitors to the Nintendo booth (#412) will also be invited to sample Nintendo 3DS games from third-party publishers, including CAPCOM’s Resident Evil® Revelations. Additionally, attendees can use Nintendo 3DS hardware to browse the online Nintendo eShop, which offers an ever-growing library of games. Playable Nintendo eShop titles at PAX East will include Ketzal’s Corridors™, Dillon’s Rolling Western™, Pushmo™ and Sakurai Samurai: The Art of the Sword™. Nintendo 3DS users also can access demos, music videos and trailers that can all be enjoyed in 3D without the need for special glasses.

###

I-have-to-resist-can't-watch-kingdom-hearts-infos, uuugh.

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum