By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo News Thread: "Born a Nintendo Fan, die a Nintendo fan!

Tagged games:

What would you give for Nintendo to be #1 again this gen?

500 dollars 1,316 72.35%

Kidney 2 0.11%

Soul 9 0.49%

virginity 16 0.88%

Your favorite puppy 6 0.33%

Your 1,000 dollar copy of Xenoblades 8 0.44%

An hour of your time 26 1.43%

Other ( post below) 6 0.33%

....Left testicle.... 13 0.71%

Pezus's freedom 22 1.21%

Total:1,424
DanneSandin said:
You don't have to worry about me amp ;) but that spurge fella... I'll keep an eye on him for ya!

I wish I had the money to buy it when it's released here on Nov 30th!! I'll just have to wait a few months. I'd really like to see what S&M will bring to the table next gen...

S&M?  That belongs in the NSFW forum.

Seriously though, what games do you plan on getting for the Wii U?  I'm getting NSMB Wii U and Zombii U along with the Deluxe which includes Nintendoland.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

finally i preordered the standard 8gb model
i own the WIi in black
i dont need space as i own a 1tB HDD
the other stuff is not really expensive, if i need it ill buy it later on

so WiiU 8GB + ZombiU + another game i havent decided yet which one (my Wii backlog is loooong...)
possibly Tekken or NintendoLand

buf......i played Tomb raider on the PSX in 1997, i didnt like it, although it had good animations, that was it for me....
then i played TR Aniversary on the Wii, and it was much better, i liked it
but now they are releasing this new one thats been said to be a Uncharted with a female main character, and im totally passing

the one that im getting 100% is Wonderful whatever
that game looks fantastic and very original

amp316 said:
DanneSandin said:
You don't have to worry about me amp ;) but that spurge fella... I'll keep an eye on him for ya!

I wish I had the money to buy it when it's released here on Nov 30th!! I'll just have to wait a few months. I'd really like to see what S&M will bring to the table next gen...

S&M?  That belongs in the NSFW forum.

Seriously though, what games do you plan on getting for the Wii U?  I'm getting NSMB Wii U and Zombii U along with the Deluxe which includes Nintendoland.

When I'm getting my WiiU (some time NEXT year D: ) I'll either get the Premium/Deluxe Set OR the ZombiU Set... The games I want is:

NSMBU, ZombiU, NintendoLand (I think it'll be great fun!), Batman: AC AE, Darksiders2, Raymen Legends and possibly MH3U and Pikmin 3...

So I hope that for the rest of the year next year, Nintendo doesn't release any more games!!! It'll take A LOT of time to plow through those games that I already want!! I guess I have to spread the games out over the next year :p But definetly NSMBU, NintendoLand and ZombiU as soon as I get the console

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Did everyone receive the new puzzle on the 3DS? The kirby one?

Hey guys, Nintendo has posted a new Iwata Asks about Miiverse, check it here.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Well, they are running out of time, so they better hurry.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Hell yeah! Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion demo this week! It makes the wait for Paper Mario so much more tolerable, but so much harder now for Epic Mickey!

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Miiverse Birthed From Discontinued Wii Channel, Animal Crossing's Website

Iwata discusses the past, present, and future of the Miiverse.

Miiverse grew from both a discontinued Wii service and displeasure with the official Animal Crossing website, the Iwata Asks: Miiverse discussion revealed.

This past April, when the Japan exclusive Wii no Ma service was shut down, Nintendo's Kiyoshi Mizuki began to conceive the beginnings of the Miiverse.

Wii no Ma was known as a "living room service". It allowed users to shop and rent videos, all from their home. However, all this content was updated daily by Nintendo. Mizuki, now an employee of Nintendo's Network Business Department, wanted user generated content to furnish an online service, he felt it a much easier way to please all users. Also learned from Wii no Ma is that if a service is never accessed, it won't be used, which is why the Wii U's starting menu is the Miiverse.

Mizuki's ideas were strengthened by Hisashi Nogami, director of the Animal Crossing series. Nogami was unhappy with the official Animal Crossing website, which allowed users to post tips and comments on a community note board. Nagomi said this space lacked a "live" feeling.

Together they crafted the "bustling" nature of the Miiverse's plaza. Here gamers gather around icons that represent their games and compare play histories, exchange notes and drawings, and even change the expression of his Mii.

Separate from Mizuki and Nogami's work, Junya Kondo of Hatena Co. LTD approached Nintendo with a social network proposal of their own. Hatena is a leading developer of Japan centric social internet services, and had previously worked with Nintendo on Flipnote Studio. Iwata was impressed by the proposal, and based on its similarities to what Mizuki had been working on, brought Hatena onboard to aid with Miiverse.

Miiverse works on two levels, the first allows discussion between friends, and the second between strangers. While you will be able to exchange your Nintendo Network ID to add friends, Iwata was vague on how players can add strangers met in the Miiverse, only going so far as to say it will be easier than past efforts. Iwata continued, saying you'll never have a random person become your friend without your knowledge, you first have to share a connection and interest in the same games.This was further detailed in today's Nintendo Direct. If a player follows another user on a game's Miiverse message board, he or she has the option to add that individual as a friend.

Kondo states that Miiverse exists as a social network for gamers. While they can take advantage of existing services, gamers may be unwilling to discuss gaming topics with friends who don't engage in the hobby. Miiverse brings gamers together.

The comments and drawings you create can be rated through a "Yeah" button, a feature Hatena thought necessary to engage users.

Since the Miiverse is controlled on the server side, Nintendo is able to make changes at anytime to the service. Also, connecting to the Miiverse through your smart device or PC is still a possibility, but will not be available at launch.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/32414