By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo News Thread: "Born a Nintendo Fan, die a Nintendo fan!

Tagged games:

What would you give for Nintendo to be #1 again this gen?

500 dollars 1,316 72.35%

Kidney 2 0.11%

Soul 9 0.49%

virginity 16 0.88%

Your favorite puppy 6 0.33%

Your 1,000 dollar copy of Xenoblades 8 0.44%

An hour of your time 26 1.43%

Other ( post below) 6 0.33%

....Left testicle.... 13 0.71%

Pezus's freedom 22 1.21%

Total:1,424
Runa216 said:
hmmm, admittedly not a whole lot there that excites me. certainly enough to keep me busy, but most of those I'm completely unfamiliar with and a quick google/youtube search didn't really excite me. of all of those, here is my updated list of games I want:

Smash Brothers
Kingdom Hearts 3D
New Super Mario Bros 2
Luigi's Mansion 2
Paper Mario 3DS
Fire Emblem
Pokemon Black/White 2

And here are some that interest me but aren't guaranteed sales:

New Brain Age Game
Professor Layton - Mask Of Miracle
Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney - JP
Monster Hunter 4 (if it doesn't come out on Vita)

As for others, I'd be glad to pick up any Marios, Zeldas, Metroids, Kirby's, etc. the stable. Other than that, yeah, nice and simple.

Well, if you haven't, try at least Kid Icarus - Uprising, too.

It's relatively new, and also the second best game in my opinion for the system - below only Mario 3D Land. And it's from the creator of SSMB.

Around the Network

Kid Icarus Uprising is damn good fun. Best 3DS game I've ever played.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

DélioPT said:
PSwii60 said:
DélioPT said:
PSwii60 said:
DélioPT said:
Did anyone see this? It`s a quote from a GoNintendo news post:

"From the profile of a TT Fusion (LEGO City) Art progammer: 'This is going to be the exclusive launch title for the brand new Wii-U and Wii-2!' … Also, 34 [artists] working on LEGO City"

Wii 2? Whaaaat?

wha-?! They already planning a counterattack for Orbis/Durango? Wth! Nintendo is mind-fucking us!

Right??
That`s not a typo. Either is calling 3DS, Wii 2 or someone spoke too much! :D
I don`t even know what to think of this if this is true... it`s just.... 0_0

Yeah, I'm confused... But the earliest site to have that quote is from Gaf, apparently. Someone there explained it like:

Wii U = controler

Wii 2 = console

Granted it's from Gaf. I don't know how valid it is, but it's the closest thing to make sense. Either way, I'm still confused... Oi, E3 cannot come any sooner. i always try to keep it levelheaded, and talking to you is just hyping me up! Stop doing that! :)

Sorry to hyping you up, but that explanation doesn`t make sense to me. Wii U is the whole thing. That`s like saying it`s being made for the console and for the controller... it sounds weird like that.

But as i said, that person might just be calling 3DS a Wii 2, seeing as the game is also for 3DS and he or she doesn`t mention that.

The whole thing is either a joke or a... wait for it... no, not going to say it. Don`t wanna mess anymore with your self control! :D

From memory, Nintendo explained this last E3 or later on.  Wii is for we play and U is for you play.

They said something along the lines, The Wii was designed for everyone to play together (i.e all the casual party games) and now the Wii U will continue along those lines but also allow you to play alone.

VicViper said:

Well, if you haven't, try at least Kid Icarus - Uprising, too.

It's relatively new, and also the second best game in my opinion for the system - below only Mario 3D Land. And it's from the creator of SSMB.

I actually tried it at GDC, and I hated the controls with a passion.  one of the worst control schemes I've ever seen in a game, which is a shame becuase the rest was pretty awesome. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Another Aliens: Colonial Marines interview. And yes another very high Wii U praise. He pretty much said it that the Wii U was more powerful than the PS3 and 360. Flat out. Skip to 7:20 for the Wii U comments.
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=177531

@Runa216 The control scheme work just fine. You just have to get use to it. I say it works better than dual analog and it's more precise, but I can why others would dislike this play style. Everything else in the game is absoultly great. Gameplay, graphics, music, content, multiplayer, everything. It even has the best achievement system in any game I've played. It AWARDS you for doing something! Hearts, more weapons, extra stages in multiplayer, etc!

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Around the Network

In fact, I think the controls are amazing!

Sakurai even said a person playing with dual analogs vs a person with touch screen controls would get pwned, and that's why they didn't support the CPC. He's right, you become a death machine with the stylus!

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Another Aliens: Colonial Marines interview. And yes another very high Wii U praise. He pretty much said it that the Wii U was more powerful than the PS3 and 360. Flat out. Skip to 7:20 for the Wii U comments.

very flattering words... I hope they use the extra power to make better games and not just better looking games. Looking forward to play Aliens on wiiU day 1!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Pokemonbrawlvg said:

@Runa216 The control scheme work just fine. You just have to get use to it. I say it works better than dual analog and it's more precise, but I can why others would dislike this play style. Everything else in the game is absoultly great. Gameplay, graphics, music, content, multiplayer, everything. It even has the best achievement system in any game I've played. It AWARDS you for doing something! Hearts, more weapons, extra stages in multiplayer, etc!

I played it for a grand total of like 15 minutes and my hand already started to cramp.  it was the same control scheme in Metroid Prime Hunters, and after a month of playing it I still didn't get used to it.  

I respect the game and I think nothing bad of it, I jsut really, REALLY hate the control style.  I'd rather spend my 40 bucks getting Resident Evil Revelations or a Vita game or something. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:

I played it for a grand total of like 15 minutes and my hand already started to cramp.  it was the same control scheme in Metroid Prime Hunters, and after a month of playing it I still didn't get used to it.

I respect the game and I think nothing bad of it, I jsut really, REALLY hate the control style.  I'd rather spend my 40 bucks getting Resident Evil Revelations or a Vita game or something.

Once you learn that you can use part of your stylus holding hand to support the 3DS you find that you don't get cramp any more. 

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

You think that when the TT fusion artist said Wii-U and Wii-2, you think he meant Wii-U and Wii too?

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls