By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP! - Everything up (software and hardware) - March 3rd (Vita = 167k)

Why VGC removed GT5 from US chartz??? the XL Release is not in the TOP100.... nooooooo way.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Why VGC removed GT5 from US chartz??? the XL Release is not in the TOP100.... nooooooo way.

When did that release? I still only see the original GT5 in my local stores.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

kowenicki said:
Didn't Jack T want 500k in the first 3 weeks in the US for Vita?

Most of us commented... well thats a low estimate it will easily make that.

It will be about 300k to 315k... these are poor numbers pure and simple.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=140403

I think Sony is trying to sweep that one under the rug, as it were

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

tagging

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Conegamer said:
kowenicki said:

In his defense, it's not that he said his goal was to sell that, but that he would be pleased if it sold that.

Anyway, this was about japan's launch, where they sold more or less 500k in 3 weeks.  The real quote of the interview is in one of my posts in that same thread - he was just telling people that the japanese launch was not as bad as people are telling. I agree, the subsequent weeks are the ones that are terrible.

Around the Network
VicViper said:
Conegamer said:
kowenicki said:

In his defense, it's not that he said his goal was to sell that, but that he would be pleased if it sold that.

Anyway, this was about japan's launch, where they sold more or less 500k in 3 weeks.  The real quote of the interview is in one of my posts in that same thread - he was just telling people that the japanese launch was not as bad as people are telling. I agree, the subsequent weeks are the ones that are terrible.

And it shall be in subsequent weeks where the battle is won or lost. If it drops to below 25k in America before E3, then Sony are in REAL trouble. 

Because then you're looking at 25+30+9= 64k WW. Which is horrid for a console mere months after launch.

I'm not saying this will happen, but Sony need to do something to prevent something like this.

Jay520 said:
Didn't some predict the Vita wouldn't release outside of Japan. Excellent numbers considering that fact,

That's the funny part! Now most people predict the opposite - that Vita will do much better outside Japan than inside.

pezus said:
Conegamer said:
VicViper said:
Conegamer said:
kowenicki said:

And it shall be in subsequent weeks where the battle is won or lost. If it drops to below 25k in America before E3, then Sony are in REAL trouble. 

Because then you're looking at 25+30+9= 64k WW. Which is horrid for a console mere months after launch.

I'm not saying this will happen, but Sony need to do something to prevent something like this.

I agree, but 3DS dropped to 15k in USA so 25k for Vita would actually be pretty good :D

Yes, but I doubt Sony will cut the price of the Vita, or at least not as heavily.

What was the 3DS' lowest week? 65k area I'd imagine. Whatever it is, I'd imagine Vita will be hovering around it before too long.

so Pezus you decided to go with balls instead of boobs then

anywho lol at Vita

did not expect it too drop that hard but it was something we should have seeing how it ended up in Japan

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

It is crazy to think that the PS3 sold more units in Japan this week than all of the United States. Looking at least a 50k gap for 360 compared to PS3 this week. Which will be needed since 360 should make up significant ground next week with the launch of Mass Effect 3