By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - So where the hell is Gran Turismo and Forza sales for Japan?

but BD isnt "joe RPG" and I wasnt comparing it to DQ, I mean it should have sold a good amount more than it did, its made by the creator of Final Fantasy, with artwork done by one of the most famous people in japan, and music done by the master..

if it was on the PS3 it would have sold much more, there is soemthing wrong 

Around the Network

The 360 is not being marketed very well in Japan.

I know Blue dragon was marketed very well in japan..

Dude you have to look at my thread about this I've done an extensive review of the X360 problem in japan in this thread:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=878

From what I've heard Blue Dragon is pretty boring, also rarely do people buy a console to play one game. Other than Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey are there that many games that the Japanese would like on 360???

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Blue Dragon was just the beginning for them you have Trusty Bell(Eternal Sonata in NA) then Lost odyessy.

there is a bunch more like Blue Dragon 2, Cry On, Magna Carta 2, Infinite Undiscovery.

But there is no reason the Japanese wouldn't take to Cold Planet, Dead Rising. As they are made by Japanese companies and follow in the footsteps of other popular action titles in Japan. 

there is also an audiance for good more American games like GoW and GTA. But I think what its really lacking, and its going to sound stupid, but it's the crap. Yes the cheesy little Gundam games, the constant flow of anime based games, where is bleach, Naruto, Dragon Ball, and One Piece titles? Where's Majhong? It's not there and that's what is holding them back.

Trusty Bell, Lost Odyessy and the other big ones that Microsoft spent buckets of money on to ensure stay on the 360 have a big job. It has the responsibility of getting the rest of the Japanese games over on their system and roping in enough people to convince developers there is a market for it. 

there is a naruto 360 game, and a One Piece Wii game... dont know about PS3..

but now, there are no wii games but crapp minigame compilations and its selling too well

as much as I love nintendo I DO NOT WANT THEM TO WIN THIS GEN, too much would change from it

I mean how would you like to be playing a bunch of mini game compilations as launch titles next gen, along with having graphics on consoles SEVERLY downplayed, graphics matter, admit it 

I don't think we're in risk of graphics being downplayed, at least drastically, honestly once we get to the maximum potential of the ps3 and x360 how much better are things going to get? I hardly think after this gen people are going to worry about pretty graphics, I do think we are going to put emphasis more on physics and AI, like fully destructible environments and alot more motion that's AI based. But I do think what the next gen will take from Nintendo is motion based controls, and a desire to innovate a little more in the gameplay arena. Sony keeps trying to tell us how fun that eye toy thing is but they don't even bother packing it with the system so no one makes use of it. That in my opinion is really a lack of balls. Microsoft too, they came out with all kinds of gizmos for the pc, and they hardly try to innovate gameplay on the console market.

As far a party games go, even Nintendo is going exclusively party, they still produce Mario Galaxy, Fire Emblem, Super Parper Mario, Zelda, Metroid. Other traditional styles like Smash Bros. Project Hammer, Day of Crisis, and I'm sure a few more. Wii health/music/sports/play/warioware/Mario party are still the minority of their catalog. I think they will realize much like reality tv people can only take so much of one thing.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6167571.html

Gamespot interview with Blue Dragon developer Hironobu Sakaguchi

"

GS: You mentioned that Blue Dragon has been one of the top sellers on the 360 in Japan, but the system's success in Japan still hasn't come close to what it has reached in the United States. What else do you think that Microsoft and developers have to do to bring the 360 up to that level of success in Japan?

HS: [in English] Good marketing. Japanese marketing guys are not so good. Marketing is important, most important.

GS: How do you think they could strengthen their marketing in Japan? What are they doing wrong? Is there a different strategy they should pursue?

HS: Just to give you an example...the "jump in" statement, right? Jump in...the tagline. Nobody can understand it or knows what "jump in" means. So it has to be localized to cater to the audience in Japan, to get them to understand what that's about. So paying particular attention to [the marketing]--not just bring everything as is over to Japan--it's not going to do any good. You have to really think about the market, market needs and demands, and then really tailor it to that audience.

HS: [in English] If you say "jump in" in Japanese. Jump in. It's not so cool in Japanese.

GS: It doesn't make sense.

HS: [English] Yeah, makes no sense.

Microsoft PR rep: "Do, do, do." [the recent Xbox 360 slogan in Japan]

HS: [English] "Do, do, do" is not so good either. [laughs]

GS: So they need to try harder then.

HS: [English] Yeah, it's not so cool. [laughs] "

Bad marketing for the 360 in general, so no one buys the system.  Combine that with a severe lack of games that appeal in Japan (BD is about the only one) and it's a wonder that even 3000 buy it each week there.

DKII said:

Bad marketing for the 360 in general, so no one buys the system. Combine that with a severe lack of games that appeal in Japan (BD is about the only one) and it's a wonder that even 3000 buy it each week there.

I was talking about them marketing blue dragon alot and well, to market a game all you need is a trailer or something, but there is more than BD for the japanese: BD, DOA, Lost Planet, Trusty Bell, Lost Odyssey, Biohazard, DMC, and Infinite Undescovery