By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Darksiders II is "the" Zelda game for adults

Tagged games:

BasilZero said:
Could of sworn Darksiders was a action game....and didnt include puzzles...

I guess you didn't play it then, there were puzzles. Then again most action games have puzzles so that isn't saying much.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
This article did not deserve its own topic.

+1

The pictures aren't showing up.
No, just like Rol said. It always gets switched around in the real world.

TruckOSaurus said:

Zelda is already a game for adults. I really don't think its "childlike imagery" is holding it back at all.

Completely agree, the statement of the article is just to grab people's attention I guess.

Hahaha, that's funny. I always questioned the demographic of the Zelda games.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
Zim said:
... last time I heard a game described as Zelda for adults was erm.... OH YEA! Darksiders! I then got one of the most disappointing games this generation. To this day the only game I ever finished then immediately went to trade in.

The only good thing about darksiders was the art style. Apart from that we got a world so barren that it makes Skyward Sword seem brimming with things. Completely forgettable bosses. One good dungeon. And a combat system that was no where near what it was promised to be.

You want to know what Darksiders actually was? Star Fox Adventures HD. Even down to the on rail shooting segments and giant rock guys who act as doors.

Indeed. I remember some websites and "hardcore" gamers describing Darksiders I as "what Zelda would be like if Nintendo were mature/creative." Which gave me an incredibly bad impression of the game without ever having played it.

Things like this make me angry.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

yup i guess they want kids to buy this game as kids want what they can't have!

i think that is good marketing

developers need to know what they are saying as they might loose sales from the Zelda fans now

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Mr Khan said:
Zim said:
... last time I heard a game described as Zelda for adults was erm.... OH YEA! Darksiders! I then got one of the most disappointing games this generation. To this day the only game I ever finished then immediately went to trade in.

The only good thing about darksiders was the art style. Apart from that we got a world so barren that it makes Skyward Sword seem brimming with things. Completely forgettable bosses. One good dungeon. And a combat system that was no where near what it was promised to be.

You want to know what Darksiders actually was? Star Fox Adventures HD. Even down to the on rail shooting segments and giant rock guys who act as doors.

Indeed. I remember some websites and "hardcore" gamers describing Darksiders I as "what Zelda would be like if Nintendo were mature/creative." Which gave me an incredibly bad impression of the game without ever having played it.

At least it's a reasonable angry Mr Khan. I agree with you, comments like that are just plain ridiculous and childish (Ha!). The people who make those comments obviously don't see the creativity in Nintendo's games. They may not have blood and gore but they sure take some skill. Which, in my opinion, means a lot more than any graphical elements. (i.e. the blood and gore or weapons.) 

I feel like this could be a good game but it shouldn't have been described this way.

NintendoPie said:
Mr Khan said:
Zim said:

At least it's a reasonable angry Mr Khan. I agree with you, comments like that are just plain ridiculous and childish (Ha!). The people who make those comments obviously don't see the creativity in Nintendo's games. They may not have blood and gore but they sure take some skill. Which, in my opinion, means a lot more than any graphical elements. (i.e. the blood and gore or weapons.) 

I feel like this could be a good game but it shouldn't have been described this way.

Oh they see it alright, they just don’t like admitting it

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I could have sworn that Darksiders wasn't actually a Zelda game - you know given that it's not made by Nintendo and all.