By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Darksiders II is "the" Zelda game for adults

Tagged games:

KylieDog said:
RolStoppable said:
KylieDog said:
Maybe they mean it has some challenge to the gameplay, since children usually find things harder. Did any of you actually die in the last 4-5 Zelda games?

The game is aimed at the current HD gaming crowd and you should know that challenging gameplay doesn't fit that bill.

There are a number of what I'd call very easy games out there on HD consoles, but the last bunch of Zelda games takes it to a whole new level of easy and makes them look challenging in comparison.

Majority of HD games have difficulty selects, this is Zelda's main problem with difficulty.  It has one setting and it isn't hard enough.

That's the root of all problems with Nintendo - they seem to belive they know better what people want then those people themselves :)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

I think C.S. Lewis is best to quote here.

"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

I think C.S. Lewis is best to quote here.

"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

In otherwords, there is no distinction between what adults and kids like.

Well unless like, Darksiders 2 is going to have long winded political discussions or something.

If your afraid playing something simply because you think it has a childish design or overtones... it likely only means you yourself are not a fully realized adult.

Zlejedi said:
KylieDog said:
RolStoppable said:
KylieDog said:
Maybe they mean it has some challenge to the gameplay, since children usually find things harder. Did any of you actually die in the last 4-5 Zelda games?

The game is aimed at the current HD gaming crowd and you should know that challenging gameplay doesn't fit that bill.

There are a number of what I'd call very easy games out there on HD consoles, but the last bunch of Zelda games takes it to a whole new level of easy and makes them look challenging in comparison.

Majority of HD games have difficulty selects, this is Zelda's main problem with difficulty.  It has one setting and it isn't hard enough.

That's the root of all problems with Nintendo - they seem to belive they know better what people want then those people themselves :)

I think that's one of the lovely things with Nintendo, really. The games that just try to give people what they say they want are very rarely memorable.