By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Darksiders II is "the" Zelda game for adults

Tagged games:

It depends, if your mostly after gameplay, I guess its not a problem playing a Zelda game when your an adult. Zelda gameplay was and still is excellent. But personally, since story, settings and character is as important as gameplay, I dont enjoy Zelda games since im around 14 years old (N64 era). As a kid I did played Zelda on Nes and S-Nes a lot though.

Around the Network

pezus - your avatar is the real zelda for adults.

KylieDog said:
Maybe they mean it has some challenge to the gameplay, since children usually find things harder. Did any of you actually die in the last 4-5 Zelda games?

Firstly, you're brave for not following the status quo here. I tend to think that the posts in this thread are a little overly sensitive, and that Zelda could sport a more adult theme.

Secondly, I've loved every Zelda game I've played and I didn't mind running around with a cartoon Link in Wind Waker at all. It's awesome.

Thirdly, I have died several times in Zelda games, but I could hardly ever have been stuck on something difficult - so I agree with your sentiment.

KylieDog said:
Maybe they mean it has some challenge to the gameplay, since children usually find things harder. Did any of you actually die in the last 4-5 Zelda games?

Nice try, but they say in the article that it's the visuals that make Darksiders for "adults" and Zelda "childlike".  Nothing about challenge in there, that's all you.

Anyways, this is same tired approach Sony used to do back in the day...  write Nintendo games off as "kiddy" in an effort to make their knock offs seem more cool.  It's gotten lame, everyone's hip to it, and it's not really effective.

I enyojed playing Zelda, despite of several major flaws, but imo, the characters and story can't be taken seriously as an adult. It tries to be epic and cute at the same time and fails at both.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network
pezus said:
Kenology said:
KylieDog said:

Nice try, but they say in the article that it's the visuals that make Darksiders for "adults" and Zelda "childlike".  Nothing about challenge in there, that's all you.

Anyways, this is same tired approach Sony used to do back in the day...  write Nintendo games off as "kiddy" in an effort to make their knock offs seem more cool.  It's gotten lame, everyone's hip to it, and it's not really effective.

You have to admit though that SS's art style doesn't come off as the most adult art style. I'm pretty sure they were trying to appeal to kids (along with adults of course). Not childish, but more appealing to children.

Skyward Sword's art-style is an attempt to appeal at EVERYONE, not just children. 

What Zelda can learn from Oblivion Okami Darksiders Demon Souls Skyrim Dark Souls Skyrim Batman Arkham City Skyrim Darksiders II?

No problem. Real Mature Gamers will buy the dark&hard DSII instead of the childish Zelda.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

pezus said:
RolStoppable said:
KylieDog said:

The game is aimed at the current HD gaming crowd and you should know that challenging gameplay doesn't fit that bill.

Are Wii games any harder? I remember SMG1 and 2 being ridiculously easy.

Pezus, even if you had serious trouble and never beat SMG1 or 2 (let alone get all the stars), you'd never admit it anyway.

There's nothing more juvenile than boasting about how mature you are.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

DIFFICULTY MEANS GOOD?....pffffffff