By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do foreigners think of the United States of America?

I am not proud to be American but I could have been born in a worse country like Mexico.

Around the Network
insomniac17 said:

It is not out of arrogance that we use the term American, but because the name of our country contains America. What would you recommend we use instead?

Puritans, it goes pretty well with all the dumb ass religious nuts here.

sethnintendo said:
I am not proud to be American but I could have been born in a worse country like Mexico.

Is this out of the irony of the above conversation? xD

NintendoPie said:
sethnintendo said:

Actually, I just noticed that conversation.  I don't think too highly of Mexico though.   I should have used Haiti or Dominican Republic.  Don't really care if I piss anyone off with that statement considering I believe USA should have finished Mexico off in the US-Mexican War.

sethnintendo said:
insomniac17 said:

It is not out of arrogance that we use the term American, but because the name of our country contains America. What would you recommend we use instead?

Made me laugh. I'm not sure that I'd like to be associated with religious nuts though...

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
NintendoPie said:
sethnintendo said:

Actually, I just noticed that conversation.  I don't think too highly of Mexico though.   I should have used Hati or Dominican Republic.  Don't really care if I piss anyone off with that statement considering I believe USA should have finished Mexico off in the US-Mexican War.

I think we had a convo like this before. xD I don't want to get into my views on Mexico. Some are good and most are bad.

I don't want to damage my "innocent" image. (Jk, I just don't feel like posting it.) 

-EDIT- Maybe I should clean this up a little... I don't mind Mexican people. I just don't like the country... it seems so un-safe. Mexico does have it's ignorant people and annoying people but that can go for every country.

insomniac17 said:
sethnintendo said:
insomniac17 said:

Made me laugh. I'm not sure that I'd like to be associated with religious nuts though...

Funny thing is that most of the whites that came to colonize USA were religious nuts that were kicked out of Europe.  We basically got a bunch of fucking crazy people.  No wonder USA is so crazy still.

Inferior to Canadians.

No, seriously. Canada is a much better country.

NintendoPie said:

I think we had a convo like this before. xD I don't want to get into my views on Mexico. Some are good and most are bad.

I don't want to damage my "innocent" image. (Jk, I just don't feel like posting it.) 

-EDIT- Maybe I should clean this up a little... I don't mind Mexican people. I just don't like the country... it seems so un-safe. Mexico does have it's ignorant people and annoying people but that can go for every country.

Yea, probably best to stop now considering some people are just so sensitive when you diss their nation.  It isn't like I view Mexicans as bad.  I just view their country as shit.

Play4Fun said:
Inferior to Canadians.

No, seriously. Canada is a much better country.

It is! Or at least what I have seen of it. Basically nothing... :/