By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GameTrailers countdown: The top 10 worst Blockbusters of all time #1 is VERY harsh...but arguably fair.

Tagged games:

Do you think the #1 placed deserved its position?

Oh hell yes, bout time someone said it 18 30.00%

Yeah...in retrospected, kinda did 5 8.33%

Whoa, that's bold...not sure though 3 5.00%

I would happily disagree, but whatever. 5 8.33%

They could not have been ... 12 20.00%

lol, GameTrailers. 17 28.33%

Total:60

Wow. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle is one of my favorite games ever. For shame.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

kain_kusanagi said:

Sonic has just as much hidden stuff if you don't "press right to finish level". There's tons of hidden areas and items. I'll give you that DK Country has good graphics and music is great, although I don't like the art style. The bonus levels can't compare to Sonic's and the level designs are flat and gimmicky. You know what takes less skill than doing a loop in Sonic? Geting auto-blasted from barrel to barrel in DK country.

In my opinion DK Country's gameplay is tedious. I'm not some Sonic fanboy who reads the comics and watches the cartoons. I don't care about the "stories". I think Sonic is best when he doesn't talk and the plot is simply to defeat Dr. Robotnik. And yes I refuse to call him Eggman. I'm just a guy who enjoys having fun. I have fun with Sonic, but I can't say the same about DK Country.

Everyone thinks Sonic is about speed. That's not what Sonic has ever been solely about. Speed only enhances Sonic's solid pure platforming foundation. It's fun because it's exhilarating to race though expertly crafted levels trying to react fast enough to jump on enemies and avoid obstacles/traps. But it's also fun to seek out all the hidden stuff within the levels and collect enough coins to gain access to bonus stages and bonus lives. That requires explorations and slowing down a little to make difficult jumps.

People also complain about all of Sonic's lame friends. Well DK Country has birthed some pretty lame characters. I'd say Dixie Kong is just as lame if not more lame than Amy from the Sonic series and Amy never got her own game.

Of course I'm comparing the 16-bit games here. Comparing the latest Sonic and DK Country games would be a little different, I liked Returns a lot more than the previous games and I enjoyed Generations more than the last several Sonic games. But it's the classics that are what most people identify with.

Like I said I love Donkey Kong, the originals. I mean I collect DK stuff for heaven's sake and own a classic DK arcade machine. If anyone should love DK Country it's me, but try as I have I can't get into them. DK Country is in my opinion is overrated.

If you care that much... :p

Anyway SA2 is incredibly overrated. Strip away the memories of how flashy it was back at the birth of the 7th gen, and its pretty hit and miss.

Colours is the only truly good 3D Sonic game.

WTF, i got every single Sonic game for Wii and i enjoyed every single game a lot

Wii Music also deserves the sales

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

kain_kusanagi said:

No, just no. Sonic is fun. Don't lump the whole series into one negative entry. Sega and Sonic All-Star Racing is one of the best Kart Racers out there. Sonic Generations is one of the best platforming games I've played in a long time. If they want to bag on Sonic 2006 that's fair, but leave the fun stuff like Sonic Adventure 2 out of it.

I've been a Sonic fan since the Genesis days. I haven't enjoyed all the games, but I did love Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 and I had a really good time with Sonic Colors. Believe it or not but I actually enjoyed Sonic Adventure 2 more than Super Mario Sunshine, which I still had fun with. I think Sonic Generations is a great game, better than a lot of game's that have sold over 1 million.

Sonic doesn't get the respect he deserves. Not all of his games have been stellar, but the ones that have been good have been very fun to play. People seem to forget that games are supposed to be fun and Sonic Generations was, if nothing else, very fun.

You know what's not as fun as Sonic and get's too much respect. Donkey Kong Country series. I love the arcade originals, but the DK Country games are boring as hell. I did have more fun with Returns than any of the others ones, including 64, but the series is just not as fun as the Sonic series yet people gush about it like it's perfect in every way. This is coming from a guy that actively collects anything with Donkey Kong on it. I have an arcade machine, original 80's plushies, every system that has ever had a Donkey Kong port, every DK Game & Watch and tons more. I literately just finished a long game of the original Donkey Kong arcade game before sitting down and seeing this, but I think DK Country is overrated. I love Donkey Kong, but DK Country is mediocre at best. Yet GT says Sonic is the worst? No, I say DK Country is the most overrated Blockbuster series around.

Oh look Miyamoto posts on VGChartz. I loved Sonic Colors and Generations but you don't have to go and lump your hatred towards what is clearly a superior series from an objective game design perspective. Your argument collapses as soon as you throw out the 'fun' buzzword to hold your argument together. One could find flinging their shit at a car fun.

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
WTF, i got every single Sonic game for Wii and i enjoyed every single game a lot

Not sure, if serious

Around the Network
naruball said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:

Not sure, if serious

i'm serious... well it could have been much better, i agree, but i still enjoyed it while making video clips with friends and it was fun i can say

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Wii Music was so hyped since it was right in the middle of the Wii's peak in popularity. Everyone thought it was going to be the pinnacle of motion controls, being able to play music the way you actually play the instruments in real life.

I bought into it as well......WOW, damn it must have been the worst game I played that cost over 40 dollars. Really mislead the public as to what it could do...

robzo100 said:
Wii Music was so hyped since it was right in the middle of the Wii's peak in popularity. Everyone thought it was going to be the pinnacle of motion controls, being able to play music the way you actually play the instruments in real life.

I bought into it as well......WOW, damn it must have been the worst game I played that cost over 40 dollars. Really mislead the public as to what it could do...

Wait, didn't you see any videos from the E3 presentation that year? It was absolutely ridiculous.

Having sonic at #1 is fair enough, the recent entries have been terrible imo and continue to sell buck loads. But what the fuck is Sonic Adventure 2 doing on that list? Sonic Adventure 2 is quite possibly my favourite platformer of all time. That has definitely put me of Gametrailers now.

#1 completely invalidated their list even though some of those games belong on there - I could see if they were talking about some of the more recent games like Sonic 06 but to lump everything in, from the classics to Colors and Generations based off of a few weak examples is the epitome of hyperbolic bullshit.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"