By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442

Wish they'd release some more info for the damn thing already. Nintendo is such a tease! I mean come on, it's coming this year, what's the delay? Hopefully there should be a plethora of goods shown at E3. I'm always hyped for a new Nintendo console but at the moment there just isn't much there to be excited about.

I'm curious about NSMB Mii, I just hope they just don't recycle the exact same stuff from NSMB Wii. That Killer Freaks game looks interesting, and I'm sure Pikmin 3 will be awesome. Miyamoto rarely dissapoints. DQX should be epic as well. Was gonna pick it up on Wii but I'm sure the Wii U version will be superior, especially if online is a big part of it, so I might as well go with that one.

The main thing I'm wondering about the console is how many games (if any) are still going to utilize the Wiimote and motion control. I think I'd just rather use the traditional Wiimote instead of the big clunky looking tablet controller, except for a few games here and there like Smash Bros. I'm not completely sold on the need/innovation of a touch screen on a controller, but Nintendo could always prove me wrong.

Around the Network

this video is from e3 2011, a good overview of the controller, game demos & people's reactions.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Here's another video of the Zelda HD demo from CES.  The graphics are, of course, running in real time. 

While you can have your map, hearts and icons designated to the controller screen (effectively freeing up the TV display for a perfect, unobstructed picture), the interesting thing is you can clearly see that the full game is capable of being displayed on both the TV and the controller simultaneously.  This raises the question as to the possibilites of WiiU's streaming ability and what it could mean for unique forms of interactivity in other games.

@Metallicube

What i believe is that, I see where they can give players controller choice instead of restricting to one controller
scheme. There, they can reach out to wider range of gamers if they implement it in most games cuz
sure there are some that still like the idea of motion control in skyward sword while others want
more traditional control which is where the tablet fills in. This method worked successfully for
MARIO KART WII which still has selling power in charts up till today.

IamAwsome said:
DélioPT said:
Thanks for the thread!
Hope this thread gets updated a lot! Which means lots of news!

Speaking of that, GDC is around the corner. Crossing my fingers for some news, videos... something!

They revealed a crapload of 3DS stuff at last year's GDC, and they said that we would get Wii U news before E3, so GDC absolutely HAS to be a place they tell us something.

Yeah, i think so too. Between GDC and a Nintendo Direct, i think GDC is the best way to show or talk about Wii U, because the media will be there as the rest of the industry and would be really good for Nintendo to have people see for themselves what a video can`t show.

On topic: according to GAF, there´s a rumor that Crytek might show something. Most likely an engine demo.

Around the Network
DélioPT said:
IamAwsome said:
DélioPT said:
Thanks for the thread!

Speaking of that, GDC is around the corner. Crossing my fingers for some news, videos... something!

They revealed a crapload of 3DS stuff at last year's GDC, and they said that we would get Wii U news before E3, so GDC absolutely HAS to be a place they tell us something.

Yeah, i think so too. Between GDC and a Nintendo Direct, i think GDC is the best way to show or talk about Wii U, because the media will be there as the rest of the industry and would be really good for Nintendo to have people see for themselves what a video can`t show.

On topic: according to GAF, there´s a rumor that Crytek might show something. Most likely an engine demo.

I'm expecting some tibbidts, but nothing big. We should better wait until the Financial Reasults Breafing in april's last week.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

This whole WiiU thing is feeling uncomfortably like the 3DS before launch- we didn't really know anything about it or games coming for it, even after release- I hope there are games coming and they're just teasing us

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Blacksaber said:
thekitchensink said:
I think we can now safely say the Assassin's Creed game is AC3, which was just announced.

Who knows, when you mix third parties and Nintendo most of the time you get odd results.

I know, it is AC3, a friend that works in Ubisoft confirmed to me they have the game already running on the console, no more details because of NDA.

Dock for the Wii U Controller incoming?

Pavolink said:
DélioPT said:
IamAwsome said:
DélioPT said:
Thanks for the thread!

I'm expecting some tibbidts, but nothing big. We should better wait until the Financial Reasults Breafing in april's last week.

Didn`t even think of that! In April is where they normally reveal sales expectations for the fiscal year, right?
They will probably reveal a date and price at the briefing and better explain the online plans.