By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442

Epic Mickey 2 is NOT coming to the Wii U

Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two is in development for a number of different platforms. However, the game won’t be coming to the Wii U.

There had been a rumor about a Wii U version/Wii U tablet support back in February, but based on recent comments from Junction Point’s Warren Spector, fans shouldn’t count on any Epic Mickey 2 action on the new console.

When asked if he had given any thought to a Wii U version in the latest issue of Nintendo Power, Spector said:

“We’ve certainly thought about it. It’s a really interesting piece of hardware. Unfortunately, we were already too far into development by the time it was announced. So there’s just no way we could get it out by the time Wii U launches. I mean, who knows what’s going to happen in the future? But for right now, there are no plans. There is all sorts of fun stuff we could do with that controller, though.”

http://nintendoeverything.com/85755/confirmed-no-wii-u-version-of-epic-mickey-2/

Around the Network

Nintendo suposedly made a Wii U promo for a rumored driving game

Remember last week's rumor of a major racing title heading to Wii U? That fits in ever so nicely with a rumor from reader Stefan. While I'm not usually one to go with the 'I know a guy' stories as a source, this one sounded plausible to me. It all has to do with Stefan's dad being an company that produces advertisements.

- The filming took place in Germany
- the promo trailer included Sebastian Vettel in his F1 car
- Mr. Vettel also did filming inside a room littered with multiple tiny lights
- Mr. Vettel was told to act like he was driving while holding a Wii U controller
- Mr. Vettel wasn't actually playing a game, but was being filmed as if he were playing

Could be a promo for that rumored racing game, could be a 'concept' trailer, much like the one we saw for the Wiimote when first announced. Either way, I'm expecting this promo to be a part of E3!

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=175200

IamAwsome said:

Could be a promo for that rumored racing game, could be a 'concept' trailer, much like the one we saw for the Wiimote when first announced. Either way, I'm expecting this promo to be a part of E3!

That could be it. I guess Nintendo continues with its "celeb" spots.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I don't get this interest in Epic Mickey 2, the fire one was nothing great.

Not buying that, but the new "of illusions" for 3DS.

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

Wow, if the haptic technology thing is true, I'd be about 10x more excited for the Wii U than I am right now. Could really be some potential there for some cool stuff, and I could see it fitting with Nintendo's style of games for titles like Warioware and Mario Party. Plus they could use it as sort of a next gen, more advanced version of rumble.

Around the Network
Metallicube said:
Wow, if the haptic technology thing is true, I'd be about 10x more excited for the Wii U than I am right now. Could really be some potential there for some cool stuff, and I could see it fitting with Nintendo's style of games for titles like Warioware and Mario Party. Plus they could use it as sort of a next gen, more advanced version of rumble.

We'll know more what Haptic Technology will bring to the table more than the obvious. It may actually tie in with Nintendo's Vitality Sensor

I've always loved nintendo and bought the last two consoles on release but I am really considering passing on this console… at least for a year at the soonest to buy but really considering passing up. It's amazing how after so much time has passed, there is still not much OUTSTANDING news on the internet about it and looking through the forums here I'm just not impressed. I have no desire for a PS3 or 360 so maybe I'm just hitting that age that just loses interest in stuff from the younger years. I can't pinpoint the year but I know I don't watch cartoons anymore (except for south park). I still like legos with my kids though. I just never thought I'd see the day when a new nintendo console would be so unexciting to me. This sucks. Time to dust off the original NES and try to find my love again. I haven't even bought a new Wii game in about a year. The last games were Christmas gifts and I've only opened one of those out of 5 games.  It's weird that my gaming life consists of Words with Friends and Chess with Friends on my 4S.

Sorry Nintendo but I think you're losing a customer to old age or possibly something else. Excite me again like you once did, please.

Consoles owned: NES, N64, PS1, GC, PS2, Wii.

Currently playing...

I told you guys, I told you!

No RE6 coming to Wii U.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:

No RE6 coming to Wii U.

But they said "at this time."  And you know, things CAN change.  I'm sure we'll see it eventually.  This "report" doesn't mean squat to me.

JTurner82 said:
Pavolink said:

No RE6 coming to Wii U.

But they said "at this time."  And you know, things CAN change.  I'm sure we'll see it eventually.  This "report" doesn't mean squat to me.

http://www.vg247.com/2009/09/26/capcom-no-plans-for-re5-wii-port-no-producer-for-re6-yet/

http://palgn.com.au/15359/no-plans-for-wii-version-of-resident-evil-5/

“We currently have no plans.”

RE5 Wii all over again.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile