By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442

NG3 Developers diary (Thanks Spurge)

Around the Network

The Sonic Dimensions rumor is a hoax.

We heard a rumour about a game known as Sonic Dimensions coming to the Wii U. It sounded all kinds of amazing, but now, when asked about the rumour, Takashi Iizuka of SEGA responded with:

Iizuka: Sonic Dimensions? [Laughs] I think it’s a complete hoax. [Laughs]

And while I’m all for conspiracy theories, when the producer for a game development company straight-up says something is fake, it usually is fake. The inverse of that is, if they say one rumour is fake, then respond to other rumours with “no comment” you can be fairly sure there’s truth. In this particular case though, it does seem like the rumour was a hoax.

0_0 When somebody from Epic says something on Nintendo's behalf, you know it's gonna be good.

Love and tolerate.

spurgeonryan said:
I am guessing that I am one of the only ones like this. But I am really excited for 3rd party games on the Wii U. 

You're definitely not the only one; I too am very excited (and optimistic) regarding this.

Some people are predicting that once the NeXtbox and PS4 are released, that WiiU will be destined to lose a vast portion of its 3rd party support, but what they're not realizing is that first, the tech difference between consoles won't be anywhere near what is was this gen (unless Microsoft and Sony launch much later than we think, which would result in plenty of support for WiiU anyway), and second, that WiiU will more than likely have a very nice install base by the time they arrive and, hopefully, will show lots of creativity via the controller.  The chances that WiiU could be the foundation on which the majority of games are built (much like the PS2 was, despite the more powerful GC/Xbox), is more likely IMO, particularly when game budgets are taken into consideration.

Of course, my overwhelming optimism could prove to be misplaced, but with all of the positive chatter we've been hearing as of late (and the fact that Pachter is still negative on it), Nintendo's looking real good to me.

- Nintendo will be publishing/releasing four Wii U games of their own before the end of 2012

If, as rumors say, they launch it at the end of the year, that means that they have forgoten that "leave the launch time to 3rd partys to give them a chance to sell their games" thing that they said sometime ago. Surely that's one of the lessons learned with 3DS.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
archbrix said:
spurgeonryan said:
I am guessing that I am one of the only ones like this. But I am really excited for 3rd party games on the Wii U. 

You're definitely not the only one; I too am very excited (and optimistic) regarding this.

Some people are predicting that once the NeXtbox and PS4 are released, that WiiU will be destined to lose a vast portion of its 3rd party support, but what they're not realizing is that first, the tech difference between consoles won't be anywhere near what is was this gen (unless Microsoft and Sony launch much later than we think, which would result in plenty of support for WiiU anyway), and second, that WiiU will more than likely have a very nice install base by the time they arrive and, hopefully, will show lots of creativity via the controller.  The chances that WiiU could be the foundation on which the majority of games are built (much like the PS2 was, despite the more powerful GC/Xbox), is more likely IMO, particularly when game budgets are taken into consideration.

Of course, my overwhelming optimism could prove to be misplaced, but with all of the positive chatter we've been hearing as of late (and the fact that Pachter is still negative on it), Nintendo's looking real good to me.

I just wanna chip in as well and say that I'm psyched too!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

So with rumors starts speculation. LETS GOOOOOOO!

Star Fox
F-Zero
Zelda HD
New Mario Bros 2

Monolith Soft RPG
Retro Studios Game
Brown & Brown game (3DS?)
Geist 2 (Wishful Thinking)
Eternal Darkness 2? (Doesn't Nintendo hold the rights to this?)
New Mario Kart
Pikmin 3 (2012 Release. Is that too ambitious?)
Project Sora Game
Kingdom Hearts 3? (Why not?)
Final Fantasy VI (We need real 3rd Party Support)
Main Tales of Entry (Symphonia was a BEAST)

Resident Evil 6

NES6? or Wii U (What do you guys think?)

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

theARTIST0017 said:

WiiU. Changing it now won't do anything, and besides, "Wii" brand may will help them with more sales.

Ending credits of Eternal Darkness:

"All rights, including copyrights of game, scenario, music, and program, reserved by Nintendo"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjzwF55axUc&t=8m20s

If they announce it, developed by a competent studio like Retro (as rumors say) with the forgotten Vitality Sensor, I'll be a happy man! (but I'll never be able to complete the game)

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

theARTIST0017 said:

I like both, however NES6 seems much cooler to me .  I also saw where someone came up with the name, Nintendo Viu (NViu), and I thought that was pretty good as well.  Whether or not they change the name it won't matter to me cause I will be buying the Wii U, or whatever the name will be, day one or soon after.

JEMC said:
theARTIST0017 said:

WiiU. Changing it now won't do anything, and besides, "Wii" brand may will help them with more sales.

Ending credits of Eternal Darkness:

"All rights, including copyrights of game, scenario, music, and program, reserved by Nintendo"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjzwF55axUc&t=8m20s

If they announce it, developed by a competent studio like Retro (as rumors say) with the forgotten Vitality Sensor, I'll be a happy man! (but I'll never be able to complete the game)

Dennis Dyack has said on many occasions (just lat week in fact) that he's willing to do another ED with Nintendo.

The rEVOLution is not being televised