man-bear-pig said:
NintendoPie said:
man-bear-pig said:
NintendoPie said:

Getting either this:

Or this:

-Samsung Galaxy S II White-

Can someone help me decide which to get? O_o

Choose the iPhone or you are dead to me. That other one does look good though...

I know! O_O

Do you have an iPhone 4S MBP?

Yerp. I highly recommend it!

Do you have reasoning?

Yes! You should support your own economy rather than the South Korean economy.

What?! It's not made in America! it's Designed in Cali and Made in China. Nothing sold here is made here. I would rather support the South Korean economy anyways.

The profit goes to the USA... 

No, the profit goes to Apple, who MAY use portions of the profits to fund US operations. However, as Samsung has US-based branches, their US-based operations benefit the US economy as well. But then Samsung's products are also manufactured in China!

Also, a company that is based in another country but has major operations in your own CAN benefit your economy more than a domestic one, in theory. What's more, South Korea is a major economic ally of the US's, so benefiting them can benefit us indirectly.

Point is, unless it's an American company that manufactured it in America with American-made parts, the economics of the situation are much, much too complicated for the average Joe to bother with.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

Galaxy S, the old one.

TruckOSaurus said:
NintendoPie said:
TruckOSaurus said:

The HTC Amaze, it's all kinds of awesome!

Aww you have T-Mobile. We're leaving them. xD It is a nice phone though!

Nope, I'm on Wind Mobile. That's  just a picture I took on Google Images.

What is Wind Mobile?

trasharmdsister12 said:
NintendoPie said:

What is Wind Mobile?

A telecom company in Canada. I'd say it's a lot like T-Mobile. It supports the same AWS frequencies as T-mobile and is the attractive alternative to the "3" giants in either country (US: Sprint, AT&T, Verizon  Canada: Telus, Rogers, Bell) with more flexible plans and pricing. No attractive spokesmodel though, for shame.

T-Mobile in the US has changed a lot then! Our plan (a normal Family Plan) costs 222$ a month before taxes and that is only with two data plans. O_o Their plans are still pretty flexible, I guess. Sprint seems to be dying even though they were first to get 4G and they now have the iPhone. It's most likely due to their really slow speeds.

That one, and it sucks LOL

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
trasharmdsister12 said:
NintendoPie said:

What is Wind Mobile?

A telecom company in Canada. I'd say it's a lot like T-Mobile. It supports the same AWS frequencies as T-mobile and is the attractive alternative to the "3" giants in either country (US: Sprint, AT&T, Verizon  Canada: Telus, Rogers, Bell) with more flexible plans and pricing. No attractive spokesmodel though, for shame.

T-Mobile in the US has changed a lot then! Our plan (a normal Family Plan) costs 222$ a month before taxes and that is only with two data plans. O_o Their plans are still pretty flexible, I guess. Sprint seems to be dying even though they were first to get 4G and they now have the iPhone. It's most likely due to their really slow speeds.

Right now, Wind Mobile is only implanted in big cities in Canada but their rates are really competitive, I currently pay $29 for unlimited talk/text/data (as long as I stay in the zone, I've learned that the hard way)

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
NintendoPie said:
trasharmdsister12 said:
NintendoPie said:

What is Wind Mobile?

Right now, Wind Mobile is only implanted in big cities in Canada but their rates are really competitive, I currently pay $29 for unlimited talk/text/data (as long as I stay in the zone, I've learned that the hard way)

Geez. How much do they charge if you go outside the "zone."

NintendoPie said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Geez. How much do they charge if you go outside the "zone."

I think it's 20 cents per text, 25 cents per minute calling and a shitload for data (10 cents / 25Kb)

Signature goes here!

Sony Ericsson Arc. Surprised I'm the first. Awesome phone, with a great looking design and it's easy to hold despite the large form factor.

I also dig the screen :P it's pretty great.

Check out my game about moles ^

Staude said:

Sony Ericsson Arc. Surprised I'm the first. Awesome phone, with a great looking design and it's easy to hold despite the large form factor.

I also dig the screen :P it's pretty great.

I would get that phone if I were able to buy it on contract!