Backwards and ignorant 64 22.15%

This makes me sick 24 8.30%

I support this 84 29.07%

This poll is slightly biased 26 9.00%

I'd go gay for Andrespetmonkey 18 6.23%

Total:289
Seece said:
Salnax said:
Seece, I agree with you, but shouting out things like "Common Sense" is not going to make somebody say "Oh, I see your point and agree with it!"

How about we all agree to disagree and call it a night?

Yeah, well I'm certainly done talking about animals, can't believe certain individuals agree having sex with animals brings pleasure :-S

i also cant believe certain individuals agree having sex between 2 men brings pleasure

Around the Network
osamanobama said:
Seece said:
Salnax said:
Seece, I agree with you, but shouting out things like "Common Sense" is not going to make somebody say "Oh, I see your point and agree with it!"

How about we all agree to disagree and call it a night?

Yeah, well I'm certainly done talking about animals, can't believe certain individuals agree having sex with animals brings pleasure :-S

i also cant believe certain individuals agree having sex between 2 men brings pleasure

Really? But there are hundreds of millions of men across the globe that would let you know how pleasureable it is

...or we could switch from a nasty argument to veiled insults. That works too.

Love and tolerate.

Absolutely disgusted by some comments. I hope some of you never have to deal with a gay son/lesbian daughter, as the poor children would have to suffer though your ignorance, just like I did with my parents.

I suggest this thread gets locked (much like every other gay related thread, sigh), since there cannot be a civilized discussion without insults (it was fine at the beginning, despite the different opinions expressed, but went downhill fast).

naruball said:
Absolutely disgusted by some comments. I hope some of you never have to deal with a gay son/lesbian daughter, as the poor children would have to suffer though your ignorance, just like I did with my parents.

I suggest this thread gets locked (much like every other gay related thread, sigh), since there cannot be a civilized discussion without insults (it was fine at the beginning, despite the different opinions expressed, but went downhill fast).

Have faith! - http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=140274&page=1 (also go take the test)

Around the Network

"Besides, there are more important things to worry about; rather than who is having sex with who."

I agree and i couldn't care less. It your life do what you want just don't teach my kids YOUR morals. How do you guys not understand this? Self-righteous much? You're no different than the religious imposing their views.

Seece said:
naruball said:

Have faith! - http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=140274&page=1 (also go take the test)

Haha! I remember this. i got 7 :)

room414 said:
"Besides, there are more important things to worry about; rather than who is having sex with who."

I agree and i couldn't care less. It your life do what you want just don't teach my kids YOUR morals. How do you guys not understand this? Self-righteous much? You're no different than the religious imposing their views.

Still didn't reply to my last post.

it's not morals either, it's a fact of life. This is why you can't (and shouldn't) compare it to religion.

If you don't want your kids learning about it, take your kids out of that class, why should other kids suffer because of YOUR 'morals'?

Each side has an opinion, at the end of the day though, one option helps kids, the other doesn't. You can't argue that, can you?

I don't believe it's altogether fair to demonize a person for espousing a viewpoint (Thesis statement!); indeed, the whole democratic process is built upon the idea that people have individual minds, and individual minds can come to different conclusions.

Take, for example, my own support of anti-abortion law. I hold to it because I am convinced that a fetus is a human being, and, as such, is entitled to all the rights of any other human being. And I am convinced of this fetus=human position because I have searched for differences between pre and post birth states, and those that I've found do not add up to, in my mind, such a difference that the fetus is anything but human. The whole process is honest: I have told myself no lies. What more could I do but commit myself to anti-abortionism? I've only got my own brain, and it told me my thinking was sound.

Now, being, anti-abortion I may be tempted to think anyone who is pro-abortion to be a supporter of murder. For, in my mind, pro-abortion means the death of a human, for a fetus is human. Such a death would be murder to me. So shouldn't I conclude that a pro-abortionist is a murderer? Not at all. He has a different mind than me; mightn't his thought process have differed as well? Perhaps he, after an honest examination, did find differences between the pre and post birth stages such that they , in his mind, added up to make a non-human/human distinction. His support of pro-abortionism is only consistent with his thought process.

Would I be able to tell, simply from his espousal of that position, whether or not he is being consistent? Certainly not. Shall I, then, condemn him for the process of reasoning he used to reach his conclusion, assuming he did use one? Even less so. What other conclusion was he suppose to have reached if his mind pointed only to that one? My only recourse is to grant him the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps he did indeed go about it the same way I did. I could not possibly criticize him for that while performing it myself.

Now, one might argue that there are viewpoints that no one could possibly hold to honestly, things so clearly wrong that to hold to them would contradict an immutable principle. Of course, how could you know what basic principle set that person holds to without asking? Indeed, many religions have wildly varying principles. Perhaps, by implication, some of those principles force this person to conclude upon the particular viewpoint which he upholds. Which, again, is the same method you would use in order to honestly conclude upon something.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
room414 said:

Parents have always had the right to withold their child from sex education.  As being homosexual in high school can be extremely difficult, there needs to be a way to provide information about safety for them without requesting them to seek it on their own.  For me, in high school, "alternative lifestyles" would only be addressed if the student were to approach the teacher and request information which not only calls you out on being gay, but makes you have to rely on the teacher being unbiased and respectful of your privacey.  Parents who are open to the idea of educating their child on safety in all forms of sex will allow their child to attend the sex education classes and those who do not may be encouraged to actually talk to their kids about safe sex as it honestly should be done in the first place.