By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Welcome to Playstation Vita Game Heaven Scheduled for March 9th.

VicViper said:
Monster Hunter 4 is not enough for vita, imo... even if a big help.

I don't know, I believe the 3ds version will outsell vita's, even if they come at the same time.

Vita needs exclusive games. Games you think "vita only" and that is PS3 included.

Doomed Vita is Doomed?

Why is everyone so hellbent on the Vita having to beat the 3DS or smart phone for it to be considered a success? Can't it just do its own thing and leave it at that? You asked for "Vita Only experience" it got Uncharted GA the critics said that can't compete with the 3DS of the world and the 3rd party exclusives it has (ala Monster Hunter) if in the hypothetical scenario where the Vita gets MH4, I get the feeling more will echo your sentiment of it not beating the 3DS.

1: It's a given that Nintendo rule the dedicated handheld market and most likely anything on both consoles will do better on the 3DS so why even mention it?

2: If we want that "Vita Only" experience, maybe we should stop looking over the shoulder of everyone else and look solely at the Vita. My belief is if the Developers weren't lazy and definetely took the time to make the Vita versions of games incorparate the unique features of the Vita, they could have their game on every platform to ever exist and STILL be able to create something unique.

E.G FiFa Football. It's basically Fifa 11 miniturised from the ps3 to the psv so what makes this different to the PS3 version? you can use the rare touch pad to aid in shooting when aiming at the goal, you can use the touchscreen to measure passes forgoing the need for the "through pass button" which (admittedly I'm not a Fifa guy so I don't know how true this is) was a pain in the neck according to some.

So in summary, instead of looking at what the 3DS/PS3 is doing/getting just look at how the Vita is/can do it differently.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
VicViper said:

I don't know, I believe the 3ds version will outsell vita's, even if they come at the same time.

Vita needs exclusive games. Games you think "vita only" and that is PS3 included.

Doomed Vita is Doomed?

Why is everyone so hellbent on the Vita having to beat the 3DS or smart phone for it to be considered a success? Can't it just do its own thing and leave it at that? You asked for "Vita Only experience" it got Uncharted GA the critics said that can't compete with the 3DS of the world and the 3rd party exclusives it has (ala Monster Hunter) if in the hypothetical scenario where the Vita gets MH4, I get the feeling more will echo your sentiment of it not beating the 3DS.

1: It's a given that Nintendo rule the dedicated handheld market and most likely anything on both consoles will do better on the 3DS so why even mention it?

2: If we want that "Vita Only" experience, maybe we should stop looking over the shoulder of everyone else and look solely at the Vita. My belief is if the Developers weren't lazy and definetely took the time to make the Vita versions of games incorparate the unique features of the Vita, they could have their game on every platform to ever exist and STILL be able to create something unique.

E.G FiFa Football. It's basically Fifa 11 miniturised from the ps3 to the psv so what makes this different to the PS3 version? you can use the rare touch pad to aid in shooting when aiming at the goal, you can use the touchscreen to measure passes forgoing the need for the "through pass button" which (admittedly I'm not a Fifa guy so I don't know how true this is) was a pain in the neck according to some.

So in summary, instead of looking at what the 3DS/PS3 is doing/getting just look at how the Vita is/can do it differently.

Oh man, defensive much... I'm only talking about ways to improve japanese sales for vita, to make it shine with Vita-only games! Like all sucessful consoles before it.  BTW, I almost exclusively talk about japan here. I really don't care much for other markets and western games - especially on portables, which I think developers never give their best.

1 - Exactly, anything on both consoles will probably sell better on 3DS - maybe monster hunter will not, who knows, but is still probable, due to installed base. But that's exactly why Vita needs games to call their own. To make people choose Vita over the cheapest more popular console.  That's why I said MH4 is not going to be enough. Not anymore. I'm taking about exclusive new IPs (the famous Sony's Pokemon), and megaton third partie games, such as FF.

2 -  I don't want Vita only experiences I couldn't care less for Fifa being played like that or touch combos in MvC 2. I want Vita only games, exclusives. But it doesn't matter what I want, it matters what the market wants. I want Gravity Daze. The market (in japan like always in my posts) didn't care much for it. So... if you're happy with vita's japanese sales, I'm not. It needs a shake with someting huge! Not just a improved game found somewhere else.

Anyway, I will buy vita around the same time Gravity Daze arrives in US. What I hope for the plataform is a nice stream of japanese games to keep coming, each of them selling well. And I hate when people such as yourself treat Vita as the poor underdog, satisfied with its sales. If it entered the ring, it better want to draw blood from its competitor.

VicViper said:
Ajescent said:
VicViper said:

Doomed Vita is Doomed?

Oh man, defensive much... I'm only talking about ways to improve japanese sales for vita, to make it shine with Vita-only games! Like all sucessful consoles before it.  BTW, I almost exclusively talk about japan here. I really don't care much for other markets and western games - especially on portables, which I think developers never give their best.

1 - Exactly, anything on both consoles will probably sell better on 3DS - maybe monster hunter will not, who knows, but is still probable, due to installed base. But that's exactly why Vita needs games to call their own. To make people choose Vita over the cheapest more popular console.  That's why I said MH4 is not going to be enough. Not anymore. I'm taking about exclusive new IPs (the famous Sony's Pokemon), and megaton third partie games, such as FF.

2 -  I don't want Vita only experiences I couldn't care less for Fifa being played like that or touch combos in MvC 2. I want Vita only games, exclusives. But it doesn't matter what I want, it matters what the market wants. I want Gravity Daze. The market (in japan like always in my posts) didn't care much for it. So... if you're happy with vita's japanese sales, I'm not. It needs a shake with someting huge! Not just a improved game found somewhere else.

Anyway, I will buy vita around the same time Gravity Daze arrives in US. What I hope for the plataform is a nice stream of japanese games to keep coming, each of them selling well. And I hate when people such as yourself treat Vita as the poor underdog, satisfied with its sales. If it entered the ring, it better want to draw blood from its competitor.

Not being "defensive", I've been a long standing advocate of the "sales don't matter" stance so this isn't me being defensive, just reiterating my stance on it because I feel these comments have been said infinatum.

Didn't the PS3? go for the "PS3" only exclusives at the start of its life? How did that turn out? I seem to recall it not doing too well and fans of everyone else going "lulz, ps3 doesn't have _____ therefore no one should buy it. I agree with you that it should have the "truely unique experience" but I think it should off both. The crap you can get everywhere else but with its own twist and the stuff you won't get anywhere else no matter where you look. that way, they can draw everyone in and in turn, get more sales and stuff.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

While a great idea to try and get more early adopters, i dont think this will do much until the games actually release. However it is important to show the potential of the system. Hopefully there will ne some massive announcementa

Finally Sony doing something!
Big game announcements should increase sales in Japan.

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
VicViper said:
Ajescent said:
VicViper said:

Doomed Vita is Doomed?

Not being "defensive", I've been a long standing advocate of the "sales don't matter" stance so this isn't me being defensive, just reiterating my stance on it because I feel these comments have been said infinatum.

Didn't the PS3? go for the "PS3" only exclusives at the start of its life? How did that turn out? I seem to recall it not doing too well and fans of everyone else going "lulz, ps3 doesn't have _____ therefore no one should buy it. I agree with you that it should have the "truely unique experience" but I think it should off both. The crap you can get everywhere else but with its own twist and the stuff you won't get anywhere else no matter where you look. that way, they can draw everyone in and in turn, get more sales and stuff.

It's ok, sorry for thinking of you being "defensive"!

While I think sales matter - for entertainment (it's fun to follow them) and practical (game releases, overall sucess of the console) motives - it's obviously not the only thing.

No I kid, it unfortunately it is for consoles, imo. I'm not talking on a personal level (like I said, I will still buy it, because there are games I really want), but at a survival level for the consoles. It's simple, if Vita keeps selling like this in japan, it's not only doomed, it will be almost dead there - it's that bad, in my view. I was shocked when I discovered today that vita's weekly sales were on par with the Dreamcast! And if the console is in a critical condition, the games I want will not come and... I don't plan to play COD or Bioshock on it! That's my whole argument. It needs something HUGE, "vita only". And by something, I mean several somethings!

Sony just release a new, exclusive monster hunter and just watch the money roll in.

VicViper said:
I predict a Final Fantasy game.

Like I said, it's the only stray mega series available in Japan, so it's only natural for Sony to grab it!

If no big games are announced... oh, well, things are going to get ugly (or should I say butt-fugly) in Media Create threads.

Final Fantasy isn't a big series in Japan anymore.

On topic:

I would say a Monster Hunter, Resident Evil 6 possibly will be announced along with small games.

Rob-Ot said:
VicViper said:
I predict a Final Fantasy game.

Like I said, it's the only stray mega series available in Japan, so it's only natural for Sony to grab it!

If no big games are announced... oh, well, things are going to get ugly (or should I say butt-fugly) in Media Create threads.

Final Fantasy isn't a big series in Japan anymore.

On topic:

I would say a Monster Hunter, Resident Evil 6 possibly will be announced along with small games.

Not as huge, but huge nonetheless. Cmon, an exclusive final fantasy would improve vita's situation like few other games would.

Announce a One Piece Vita game!