By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Pokemon hurting the 3DS?

Galaki said:
VicViper said:
Galaki said:

It was silly of him to compare an RPG with Action game.

I was kidding, but it is comparable, as it's sony's second biggest brand against nintendo second biggest brand.

It would help the PS3 a lot back then! But sony went for the obvious financial path, release it on the behemoth ps2 (ds).

I don't think you got what I meant, lol.

No no, I qoute your message by mistake, it's a reply to the post above it lol! Sorry to tickle your forum buddy!

Around the Network
Galaki said:
maverick40 said:
VicViper said:
maverick40 said:
It is a terrible decision from Nintendo but the Nintendo defense force will still think their beloved company can do no wrong.
It is probably the worst decision from nintendo since they stupidly decided to only put one circle pad on the 3ds.

Sony did the same before. Where is your god now?

Oh, wait here it is:

Right...because god of war 2 is comparable to a pokemon game......good lad.

god you are funny /s

VicViper said:
Galaki said:
maverick40 said:
VicViper said:
maverick40 said:
It is a terrible decision from Nintendo but the Nintendo defense force will still think their beloved company can do no wrong.
It is probably the worst decision from nintendo since they stupidly decided to only put one circle pad on the 3ds.

Oh, wait here it is:

I was kidding, but it is comparable, as it's sony's second biggest brand against nintendo second biggest brand.

It would help the PS3 a lot back then! But sony went for the obvious financial path, release it on the behemoth ps2 (ds).

It is not comparable at all, Pokemon is one of the biggest system sellers in the world and is synoymous with handhelds. A dog on the street could tell you a pokemon on the 3ds would push massive amounts of hardware worldwide. And the argument that you can play it on 3ds regardless is mute, this new pokemon game won't push 3ds systems. 

maverick40 said:
VicViper said:
Galaki said:
maverick40 said:
VicViper said:
maverick40 said:

Oh, wait here it is:

It is not comparable at all, Pokemon is one of the biggest system sellers in the world and is synoymous with handhelds. A dog on the street could tell you a pokemon on the 3ds would push massive amounts of hardware worldwide. And the argument that you can play it on 3ds regardless is mute, this new pokemon game won't push 3ds systems. 

Maybe they don't want to sell that many 3DSs, and just sell a shitload of games! And believe me, it will have some 3ds exclusive features and it will move 3ds systems. And not only that, it's way way less expensive to develop a sequel than a whole other gen of pokemon.

They did something similar with pokemon emerald, and it worked well for Diamond/Pearl after that.

But more importantly, I'm defending the existence of this game (drop the nintendo force) because Black and White were great games, the first of the pokemon games setting that could be expanded.

happydolphin said:

But you realize it's a sequel to a DS pokemon game, not a new entry in the series, right?

Also keep in mind Nintendo may be wondering which direction to take the series on the 3DS, pokemon has found its success in 2D. Take all things into consideration and you'll see it makes sense.

So what you're saying is that Halo 3 (360) and God of War III (PS3) should have come to Xbox and PS2 respectivelly, because it's sequels. We can't go with that way.

And yes Pokemon has found success in 2D, and bringing it to 3ds doesn't mean that they'll be no more in "2D", they could maintain its "Sky View" to the characters and cities, towns, routes etc.

Around the Network

Ok seriously all the people who are acting like Nintendo made "wrong" decision, should really know two things about the situation. Short Term Goals and Long Term Plans.

In order for Nintendo to make a proper 3DS Pokemon game it would have not been ready right now, as in not be able to ship this year, and will most likely either just make it 2013 or 2014, not matter how you slice it. That is the long term plans for the series. People are acting like they could have easily made 3DS pokemon instead of DS one, are either delusional or think development means nothing to Pokemon Company.

Short term goals is that Nintendo NEEDS to be PROFITABLE, they need to get out titles that will MAKE them MONEY.

Seriously I am amazed at how many individuals here think it would have been easily possible for Nintendo to Make Black And White 2 for the 3DS. Unless you want DS game and just lock on the 3DS, and say it is 3DS game, which honestly would make no sense. 

What amazes me further is that people are acting like a pokemon game will never come on the 3DS, or it will be to late, or the affect won't be as massive.

/rant

The only mistake I see from Pokemon Black and White 2, it shouldn't be two games for a sequel. One game, called Grey.  (Given it is a sequel)

hajime234 said:
happydolphin said:

But you realize it's a sequel to a DS pokemon game, not a new entry in the series, right?

Also keep in mind Nintendo may be wondering which direction to take the series on the 3DS, pokemon has found its success in 2D. Take all things into consideration and you'll see it makes sense.

So what you're saying is that Halo 3 (360) and God of War III (PS3) should have come to Xbox and PS2 respectivelly, because it's sequels. We can't go with that way.

And yes Pokemon has found success in 2D, and bringing it to 3ds doesn't mean that they'll be no more in "2D", they could maintain its "Sky View" to the characters and cities, towns, routes etc.

Nah, think rather Final Fantasy IX to X, then compare to Final Fantasy X to X-2. You'll understand better what I mean.

@2D. Oh yeah, I agree with what you're saying. Nevertheless an important design decision is in the making. That, along with the time it takes to make a whole new Pokemon entry in the series (as Acevil so nicely said) means that this current decision is a sound one.

TheKoreanGuy said:
NintendoPie said:
Thanks IGN for digging up my anger at Nintendo for doing this, again. I agree with IGN's statements to my greatest extent but I'm done freaking out about it. What's the point? Nintendo won't care, Nintendo would never read this comment. I'll still buy it.

And that's why they don't care. =P

I know... I have no self control when it comes to Pokemon.

happydolphin said:
hajime234 said:
happydolphin said:

Nah, think rather Final Fantasy IX to X, then compare to Final Fantasy X to X-2. You'll understand better what I mean.

@2D. Oh yeah, I agree with what you're saying. Nevertheless an important design decision is in the making. That, along with the time it takes to make a whole new Pokemon entry in the series (as Acevil so nicely said) means that this current decision is a sound one.

hmm I see!... xd

Sales of Black & White -- 13.75M
Sales of 3DS -- 16.3M

It's a business decision. They would sell only about 5M on the 3DS -- and upset a lot of parents, costing them goodwill.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV