By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation Vita sells 1.2 million units Worldwide

theprof00 said:
I'm still questioning how little deviants can be the highest seller, and no other software in the top ten. Very questionable.

If you are speaking about VGC front page those are numbers for last week where little deviants sold 1 unit with every Vita sold as it was bundled with FEB ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

So PS VITA may be already shipped 1.4 ~ 1.5Millions worldwide. Not perfect, but still acceptable~

RolStoppable said:
thehusbo said:
Good. That will shut the fanboys and haters up for a few weeks at least...

What are you talking about? This is excellent fodder for all trolls, so expect to see me in all Vita threads in the next couple of weeks.

Have fun with that.

kowenicki said:
theprof00 said:
kowenicki said:
How can this be viewed as positive news....?

Those are pretty poor numbers considering they include PSV's already out there for Japan etc.

Am I missing something?

A new, very expensive, system in competition with PSP, DS, and 3DS. Poor numbers indeed.

Er, I'm comparing the numbers with the launch numbers of those respective systems....

They are poor.... you can argue they are OK at best.  

I could go on and on about how this is better than most expected and is doing really well considering the current market, but in the end, all that matters (at least in this specific situation where we aren't talking about 360 vs wii), is that not selling as much as something else is poor.

Comparing PS Vita to PSP is essentially of no use as the Playstation brand went from being the most popular to falling from grace in the time between PSP's launch and PS Vita's launch. PS3 & PSP launched well as Playstation was strong, it's still strong but nowhere near as strong as it was; PS Vita sales show this and they are expected.

All in all, a mediocre launch.

In perspective even after these Vita numbers I still feel 3DS had a more disappointing launch considering its predecessors popularity and the increase in Nintendo's brand power between the time of Ds launch to 3DS launch.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
ZaneWane said:
it shipped not sold

※1 実売数量は当社調査による推計値。

SOLD, ESTIMATED!

yes I agree that its sold... and its still bad.

If it was shipped then it would be a disaster.

It's hardly bad............... These are good numbers.

ZaneWane said:
leper-apostle said:
ZaneWane said:
look like they included japan just to make number look big

HUH? japan sales shouldn't count according to you?

just saying adding them to europe and america launch is trying to make opening number bigger

It's not an opening number. It's what has been sold WORLDWIDE.

RolStoppable said:
Seece said:

'We couldn't be more thrilled at which the rate PS Vita is selling'

I wonder if investors or whoever the hell this is aimed at believes this :-S Surely they'd be more thrilled if it matched 3DS or PSP ...

Yes I know it's his job to make everything sound great and dandy but at one point or another all the big 3 have come out with statements like these which just feel like they're lieing to your face.

This PR piece also includes the obligatory "sales exceeded expectations" line. I swear that every Sony product exceeds expectations.

Well, if they always expect a failed launch it's only logical it exceeds their expectations...

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Nothing amazing but not that bad either. Let's see how sales will continue to develop.

It has exceeded my expectations so I am happy. I was expecting it to be discontinued upon release so these numbers are great!