By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was your Game of the Year in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011?

Tagged games:

Checking my top 50 list from last December by year it comes to this. Looks like my tastes changed as I switched to consoles. Which is not surprising since adventure games died and consoles suck at RTS and sims.

1991 Civilization
1992 Dune 2 Battle for Arakis
1993 Master of Orion
1994 Transport tycoon
1995 Frontier First encounters
1996 The Neverhood
1997 FF7
1998 Grim Fandango
1999 Everquest
2000 The sims

2001 Ico
2002 Syberia
2003 Zelda windwaker
2004 Half-life 2
2005 Shadow of the colossus
2006 Okami

2007 Super Paper Mario
2008 Wipeout HD
2009 Dragon age: Origins
2010 GT5
2011 Dark souls

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Runa216 said:

I don't, but none of their games made my game of the year becuase I've yet to find something exclusive to their consoles with the heart and soul of something like Wind Waker, Ratchet and Clank, Mario, or Uncharted.  I's all preening machismo.  

That's not true. Games like Kameo, Viva Pinata and Banjo-Kazooie are totally unmanly titles. Then you have JRPGs like Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. Mature storytelling in Alan Wake. XBLA hits like Shadow Complex and Super Meat Boy.

You don't see these games, because you don't want to see them. You despise Microsoft from the bottom of your heart, but just because they brainwashed people with their marketing doesn't mean that they are all bad.

Kameo is one I want, but it isn't that good from what little I played.  Banjo Kazooie is mediocre as well (though I admit it does have charm, but as far as I'm concerned it'll always be a nintendo series).  Blue dragon was lame, and Losyt Odyssey looks good but I'm picky.  Alan wake I want, I'll give you that.  Super Meat Boy isn't an Xbox exclusive, and Shadow Complex is pretty macho.  I own about half of the above games.  

and none of those games are as good, quality-wise, as the games I listed.  Zelda is fantastic, Ratchet and Clank is criminally underrated, Uncharted is amongst the best and most impressive game series' of all time, and Mario doesn't need my praise, he's doing just fine.  some of those games  may have charm, but that doesn't make them good games as well. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

RolStoppable said:
Runa216 said:

Kameo is one I want, but it isn't that good from what little I played.  Banjo Kazooie is mediocre as well (though I admit it does have charm, but as far as I'm concerned it'll always be a nintendo series).  Blue dragon was lame, and Losyt Odyssey looks good but I'm picky.  Alan wake I want, I'll give you that.  Super Meat Boy isn't an Xbox exclusive, and Shadow Complex is pretty macho.  I own about half of the above games.  

and none of those games are as good, quality-wise, as the games I listed.  Zelda is fantastic, Ratchet and Clank is criminally underrated, Uncharted is amongst the best and most impressive game series' of all time, and Mario doesn't need my praise, he's doing just fine.  some of those games  may have charm, but that doesn't make them good games as well. 

So the only game you acknowledge is the one that just recently ceased to be Xbox 360 exclusive. What. A. Coincidence.

About the comment on Mario, does this mean you excluded his games from your GotY list, even though they would be on there, if they got less praise from others? That's a very dishonest approach, omitting certain games due to popularity, rather than a lack of quality.

dude, just stop.  This pathetic back and forth crap you pull stopped being funny a year ago.  I know what you're trying to do and this is as far as it goes.  Go find someone else to irritate. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

2007: Super Mario Galaxy
2008: Mario Kart Wii
2009: Mario Kart Wii
2010: Mario Kart Wii
2011: Mario Kart 7

RolStoppable said:
Runa216 said:

dude, just stop.  This pathetic back and forth crap you pull stopped being funny a year ago.  I know what you're trying to do and this is as far as it goes.  Go find someone else to irritate. 

Eh, it's never going to last long anyway, because I throw in over the top comments in almost every post that usually get subsequently more ridiculous, so that the other person eventually notices what's going on. It's never meant to go on for pages, neither is it meant to exceed more than a few lines per post.

You are so weak. 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Jay520 said:

You are so weak. 

In regards to what exactly?

This dude just called your posts pathetic, crap, unfunny, and played out. Translation: he called YOU pathetic, crap, unfunny, and played out. And you reply by explaining yourself to him with no retort. It's almost as if you were apologizing in disguise.

Basically, you admit to being pathetic, crap, unfunny, and played out AND you apologize for it.

Weak

RolStoppable said:

So what do you suggest? How should I have responded?

I don't know. Looking at the situation, you put yourself into a pretty deep hole. I can't really think of a suitable response other than apologizing and giving an in-depth explanation for my actions. However, if I were somehow in your predicament, I'm pretty sure I could have thought of something out of fear of shame (unlike you). But then again, I would have never backed myself up into such a terrible situation. You sabotaged yourself in that exchange early on.

2006 - Gears of War

2007 - Uncharted Drake's Fortune

2008 - Metal Gear Solid 4

2009 - Demon's Souls

2010 - Fallout New Vegas

2011 - Didn't feel like any game ( I played ) was a GoTY.

RolStoppable said:

So... basically, I picked the best course of action in my situation.

With your intellectual capacity, sure.

I'm sure I could have thought of something better had I been in such a high-pressure situation. I've always been known as a clutch player.

Jay520 said:
RolStoppable said:

So... basically, I picked the best course of action in my situation.

With your intellectual capacity, sure.

I'm sure I could have thought of something better had I been in such a high-pressure situation. I've always been known as a clutch player.

Not sure if aggressive or silly. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX