By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When will SONY cut the price of PS VITA?

Should SONY cut the price of VITA?

yes they should! 130 53.50%

No they have to make profit! 113 46.50%

Total:243
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
@markers So, what you're saying is that everyday someone is buying a Vita and everyday they restock the same Wi-Fi units? In the same excat order and place? I don't think so!

Are they suppose to place them somewhere else everytime they do their facing? And what do you mean by order, all the boxes looks identical to me. Your really negative, go play some games instead, youll feel better, and the society too.

Around the Network
Chark said:
FattyDingDong said:

Honestly, I would consider buying one if it was around $199.

Sony is an idiot, if it thinks the vita will do better here than it did in japan with these insane prices.

You obvisoulsy don't understand the complexities of the world market or in any case, done your homework.  The Japanese exchange equivelant price of a Wifi only Vita is $312.   Imagine paying that for a Vita instead of the $250.  The US is getting special treatment because we've proven ourselves time and time again a bunch of whiny little babies....well I guess also because of the difficult economy, but Europe isn't getting as big of a break as us, especially considering they through those launch bundles at us.  True, the high price in Japan is because of the strong Yen, but just think, if the Vita is selling what it is in Japan at that price, it should be just fine elsewhere.  Speculation of course, but there is a lot of analysis out there pointing to a stronger western release.  Will the West adopt a handheld as vigorously as Japan, probably not, but the psp is still selling well over there and not here so a market looking for a new product is here.

While I have seen speculation both for a strong and a weak launch, I have seen no analysis done; and I don't really expect one until sales numbers are released.

spurgeonryan said:
God! I did not even look at the front page or that thread about the sales on the front page. 74,000! That must only be for a few days right? Depending on how it does these next few weeks they may go for it. I do think that 200 would be a decent price, no need to go down to 3DS levels. Not just yet. Still need to see how it does in Europe as well.

That 74,600 is from just the First Edition Bundle, so one day really (plus maybe Vitas to developers/reviewers/gaming industry people or something, which explains why there is a 5,000 discrepancy) between that and the 69,000 little deviant titles sold). I would have been in that group but I decided I wanted to save $50 and get an 8bg and buy the traveller hard/soft case instead of a 4gb, Little deviants, and a hard case.  I'm guessing I'm not the only early adoptor that decided to wait for that 3g launch bundle.  As I've said before I predict more than 1 million will sell world wide the first week (including that 74,600).  

The pricing issue is really Nintendo's fault.  They should have launched at $200.  They were reaching with $250 and they undershot it to $170 to make up for it and to make themselves look competitive against Sony after they announced their amazing price point of $250.  It's sad to see such sloppy work from Nintendo. *sigh*

p.s. Spurgeonryn, you're my only friend........don't leave me, lol.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

HappySqurriel said:
Chark said:
FattyDingDong said:

Sony is an idiot, if it thinks the vita will do better here than it did in japan with these insane prices.

You obvisoulsy don't understand the complexities of the world market or in any case, done your homework.  The Japanese exchange equivelant price of a Wifi only Vita is $312.   Imagine paying that for a Vita instead of the $250.  The US is getting special treatment because we've proven ourselves time and time again a bunch of whiny little babies....well I guess also because of the difficult economy, but Europe isn't getting as big of a break as us, especially considering they through those launch bundles at us.  True, the high price in Japan is because of the strong Yen, but just think, if the Vita is selling what it is in Japan at that price, it should be just fine elsewhere.  Speculation of course, but there is a lot of analysis out there pointing to a stronger western release.  Will the West adopt a handheld as vigorously as Japan, probably not, but the psp is still selling well over there and not here so a market looking for a new product is here.

While I have seen speculation both for a strong and a weak launch, I have seen no analysis done; and I don't really expect one until sales numbers are released.

I've read many an article talking about the launch lineup not appealing to the Japanese (please don't make me find them, the internet is a sink hole).  Best example would be Uncharted, very western fan base.  Analysis after launch wouldn't really be a predictive analysis, it would just be the numbers.  I see 74,600 first edition bundles as a pretty good sign, figuring there was a comparible/better bundle available on launch day for $50 less.  If that many people paid more for an early release, well that's got to be a good sign right?

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Icyedge said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
@markers So, what you're saying is that everyday someone is buying a Vita and everyday they restock the same Wi-Fi units? In the same excat order and place? I don't think so!

Are they suppose to place them somewhere else everytime they do their facing? And what do you mean by order, all the boxes looks identical to me. Your really negative, go play some games instead, youll feel better, and the society too.

Realistically, it is unlikely that there would be a significant amount of restocking done on the PS-Vita at this point in time ...

With that said, I would also caution people against making generalizations based on their own personal experiences. I was able to get a Wii on launch day without pre-ordering or getting up unusually early (I got up at 7:00am) by going to a store that most other people didn't think of (The Real Canadian Superstore); and back when the iPod Nano was first released and was completely sold out across the city I was able to find my brother one in a store that had 15 in their display case because no one realized they sold electronics (Chapters).

I do think everyone can agree that the PS-Vita did not sell out, is available online and is (probably) available in some stores in most cities, and the Vita's sales probably didn't approach any sales records; at the same time, the majority of stores have sold most of their initial shipment and the Vita is far from the worst selling system ever. Without actual sales numbers I don't think we can say much more than that.

Around the Network

@Icyedge The boxes are identical because they are the same boxes! You can notice that there are two Vitas in between the others. Why freaking put them in between when you can put them on the bottom? The number is also the same between now and the time of photos. It's not like they have so many Vitas that they have to bring out a set number every time, if that's true than what about the 3G model? It's not being shelfed. I can take another pic to show you, but you'll still say the same thing. Vita isn't selling in my area, like I said.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Chark said:
HappySqurriel said:
Chark said:
FattyDingDong said:

I've read many an article talking about the launch lineup not appealing to the Japanese (please don't make me find them, the internet is a sink hole).  Best example would be Uncharted, very western fan base.  Analysis after launch wouldn't really be a predictive analysis, it would just be the numbers.  I see 74,600 first edition bundles as a pretty good sign, figuring there was a comparible/better bundle available on launch day for $50 less.  If that many people paid more for an early release, well that's got to be a good sign right?

I wouldn't say that ...

As an early adopter of many products I can honestly say that early adopters tend not to be entirely rational in how they evaluate the additional cost of having something an insignificant amount early than other people. For many of these people the value of knowing they had a guaranteed pre-order ensuring they had the system on day one easily outweighed the cost. But this can not be generalized to anyone besides these (often insane) early adopters.

To see what I mean about rationality, there have been many people who have camped out for days while missing work in the process to buy a system at launch without realizing that the extra money they would earn from working would easily cover the additional cost of buying a scalped system on ebay in the case that the system was sold out.

Sony is someone that's an idiot?

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

2013.. mid

They should cut it when cod is released, near Xmas time and market the shit out of it!