By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF Tactics on iPad costs $17.99 - SE testing the pricing?

I think I'll stick to my $4,50 copy on PSV ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
oniyide said:
War of the Lions has been available on PSN and the Iphone version, cheaper. I honestly cant see this doing that well, its a more expensive version for the Ipad, with nothing new. Now that I think of it, wasnt the the Iphone/ipad running similar app stores?? I thought the apps were mostly interchangable. Im not big on Apple so I dont really know

It's up to the publisher whether to sell one version of the software that runs on both devices (called universal apps), or seperate apps designed for each device. SE likes to double-dip. You can run the phone app on your iPad, but then you get blocky pixel doubling, black bars, and an interface desiged for a much smaller screen.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
oniyide said:
War of the Lions has been available on PSN and the Iphone version, cheaper. I honestly cant see this doing that well, its a more expensive version for the Ipad, with nothing new. Now that I think of it, wasnt the the Iphone/ipad running similar app stores?? I thought the apps were mostly interchangable. Im not big on Apple so I dont really know

It's up to the publisher whether to sell one version of the software that runs on both devices (called universal apps), or seperate apps designed for each device. SE likes to double-dip. You can run the phone app on your iPad, but then you get blocky pixel doubling, black bars, and an interface desiged for a much smaller screen.

Double dipping greedy motherf****ers, thanks, i had no idea how that whole thing worked, now I know

That's too bad. I would love to buy this game but I'm not paying close to $20 for an iPad app.

oniyide said:
famousringo said:
oniyide said:

Double dipping greedy motherf****ers, thanks, i had no idea how that whole thing worked, now I know

They paid 500$ for iphone and 500$ for ipad - they deserve to be double dipped :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
oniyide said:
famousringo said:
oniyide said:

They paid 500$ for iphone and 500$ for ipad - they deserve to be double dipped :D

can't argue that

I'll buy it on my Vita for 10 dollars... and play it on my PSP if the battery on my Vita is dead. Or I get the PSX original for.... 10 dollars and play it on my PS3/VIta/PSP (When the Vita has it's PSX emulator installed). Why do I have to spend 18 dollars on this? And why do I have to buy it twice for different IOS devices?

Id buy it. But $17.99 is a bit much, $9.99 is better pricing. Only because it is a digital copy.

Touch screen is great for these games, if done correctly of course. Even if it is easy to do it can be easily messed up.

BasilZero said:
17.99 and its the original game? Not even the War of the Lions version....you can find war of the lions for 19.99 on the PSP....xD

9.99 on the PSN... :/ It will come to my Vita sometime soon.. So ipad an screw!

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

darkknightkryta said:
I'll buy it on my Vita for 10 dollars... and play it on my PSP if the battery on my Vita is dead. Or I get the PSX original for.... 10 dollars and play it on my PS3/VIta/PSP (When the Vita has it's PSX emulator installed). Why do I have to spend 18 dollars on this? And why do I have to buy it twice for different IOS devices?

I think you can play the Iphone ones on the ipad, they just look worse. I might be wrong.

the compatibilty is an apple thing, the pricing is because they can, haha.