By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 38 - Portal Theme

I'm human

-

Around the Network

I'm here, I'm human, and I'm suspicious of Linkz.

Also interesting in that post that says "human" "machine" "other".
It could be inferred that he is "other", combined with the "mantis men" comment, but then he says he is human. A bit strange.

theprof00 said:

It could be inferred that he is "other", combined with the "mantis men" comment, but then he says he is human. A bit strange.

There are a lot of things in the game that could be concidered other, like potato and the weighted companion cube, the crow that steals the potato... so I would not consider "other" strange...

Stefl1504 said:
theprof00 said:

There are a lot of things in the game that could be concidered other, like potato and the weighted companion cube, the crow that steals the potato... so I would not consider "other" strange...

yes, but to be the one to suggest it is what is strange.

Perhaps it is just based on my overall experience, but if I were to have given options for who is who, I would not have included other, and at least not without some kind of explanation as to why I included that category.

theprof00 said:
Stefl1504 said:
theprof00 said:

yes, but to be the one to suggest it is what is strange.

Perhaps it is just based on my overall experience, but if I were to have given options for who is who, I would not have included other, and at least not without some kind of explanation as to why I included that category.

Hmmm, well I for myself categorised the game including other beings than humans and machines... I even mentioned the potato as early as the game thread was available...

Around the Network

Nobody has mentioned Cave Johnson yet- probably my favourite Portal character- he could be Mafia too

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:
Nobody has mentioned Cave Johnson yet- probably my favourite Portal character- he could be Mafia too

What inspired you to bring him up?

theprof00 said:
radishhead said:

What inspired you to bring him up?

ah, I was talking with RL friends about this Mafia round and asked them who they thought that the Mafia could be, and one suggested him

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

I think telling whether you are human or machine can be pretty dangerous in a game with so little characters.

morenoingrato said:
I think telling whether you are human or machine can be pretty dangerous in a game with so little characters.

I don't think so, it leaves even less room for fakeclaims later in the game, the problem lies more with the other section... it's pretty obvious if there is only one person claiming other that it is likely he is the weighted companion cube, so its practically a full nameclaim if this is to occur.