By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 38 - Portal Theme

theprof00 said:
I'm here, I'm human, and I'm suspicious of Linkz.

Also interesting in that post that says "human" "machine" "other".
It could be inferred that he is "other", combined with the "mantis men" comment, but then he says he is human. A bit strange.

humans there are a few, machines there are a few and there are a few things that are neither. I could have asked for only the 2 and lefy it to players to say they are other, but since there is the potential for enough others I let it have a category to itself.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
I think telling whether you are human or machine can be pretty dangerous in a game with so little characters.

hmmm you left out other.....

spurgeonryan said:
I kicked myself in the teeth after saying any claims last game. Plus I read in words of wisdoms rules that you are not supposed to claim. Of course I was stupid an lied, but role claiming and all that goes with it has always come and kicked me in the ass later on, so I would like to wait some before I do any of that craziness.

I am not asking for your name or your character. just if you are human machine or something else.

Wonktonodi said:
morenoingrato said:
I think telling whether you are human or machine can be pretty dangerous in a game with so little characters.

Cube, Mantis-Men and Potato?

morenoingrato said:
Wonktonodi said:
morenoingrato said:

cake!

Around the Network
Wonktonodi said:
morenoingrato said:
Wonktonodi said:
morenoingrato said:

cake!

The crow that steals potato ;P

theprof00 said:

It could be inferred that he is "other", combined with the "mantis men" comment, but then he says he is human. A bit strange.

and now to quote this post again for a different purpose

why are you suspicious of linkz?

Wonktonodi said:
theprof00 said:

and now to quote this post again for a different purpose

why are you suspicious of linkz?

something about him seems, I dunno, airy. Maybe it's just day 1, or maybe I'm distracted by being at work, but when I look at the posts, I get the vague sensation that he's being evasive, or "pokey" I guess the word would be. Like in a fighting game, poking with random moves that aren't meant to hit, but remind the opponent that you're ready to hit, or even trick the enemy into trying a predictable counter, etc.

Not really sure.

theprof00 said:

Read your explanation and tried to reread my posts without bias, but I still don't see it. On the plus side, I don't see this as manipulation by you, and it seems to genuine Linkz-paranoia to be faked. Which means an early lean of town and that's a relief. Then again I wouldn't mind you bussing your teammates again as scum.

One thing I don't like; however, is you're making it seem like I am the one that brought up "other". Though I disagree that it's strange too. The first thing after portals that comes to my mind is the Weighted Companion Cube. <3

spurgeonryan said:
I kicked myself in the teeth after saying any claims last game. Plus I read in words of wisdoms rules that you are not supposed to claim. Of course I was stupid an lied, but role claiming and all that goes with it has always come and kicked me in the ass later on, so I would like to wait some before I do any of that craziness.

So you have read your PM at least?