By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Borderlands 2 - The Official Thread - Wimoweh Trailer Added *July 12*

Tagged games:

So to the PC players, who would be interesting of running some coop? I live in New Zealand so for lag and time reasons I don't think any European players would be a good match sadly.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

Looking forward to this now, I enjoyed the first one and played it through with my gf, will probs do the same again with this one, anyone know anything about any planned dlc for this?

Just a nice person :)

Still not on PSN

I picked Axton, because he's not too much a departure from my beloved Roland. I'm currently lvl 7, just reached Sanctuary, but I have to go do something in order to be let in. Can't remember exactly what yet.

A couple impressions:

-I don't like the new menu system, but it'll probably grow on me. It's very possible that I just am not far enough into the game to see the benefits of it, though.

-New weapons system is nice. I've noticed very quickly how the naming system has been reworked, and how they've added many more varieties of weapons. There seems to be an even more complicated tier system, in which the lower tiers are more generic weapons and will share names with each other, with only minor stat differences, while higher tiers start to take on more and more unique names and characteristics. Also, my Maliwan incendiary pistol seems to shoot little fireballs rather than proper "bullets". They're slower moving, but they buuuuurrrrrrrrrrnn hahaha. I like the way they've diversified the weapon characteristics.

-I'm seeing more how each character is going to provide a very different gameplay experience, much more than in BL1. This is going to motivate me to play the game through multiple times a lot more than it did in the original. BL1, I played to like lvl 11 with Roland, then started a Mordecai, then when Mordecai got to 5, I started a Lilith and Brick, each. Brick got abandoned at lvl 8, Lilith by lvl 12, Mordecai at lvl 28, and Roland made it to lvl 69, with a second Roland making it to 43 yesterday. This time, though, I've learned not to bog myself down at the beginning of the game, and even so, the game's going to be much more diversified so it'll be more fun to play through anyhow.

-On that topic, the way BL2 starts in an icy tundra environment immediately brings such a drastic difference from BL1. I'm excited to see how they continue later in the game with the unique environments. I also hope in some DLC or something that I get to hit up old stomping grounds, at the same time. I'm heading back to GS ASAP to get my season pass for the game (would have gotten it already but I didn't have any moneys on me).

I took a video of my Loot Chest unboxing (kinda disappointed, tbh, but that's probably because I waaaaay hyped myself up for this game), and I'm going to take a picture of the map of Pandora to post for y'all.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Totally getting this today, gonna be doing the review for it, too! can't wait to get in on the action, and I'm playing it on PS3. Can it do splitscreen AND online? I've got a brother here I plan on playing with, but it'd be fun to invite others, too.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
Totally getting this today, gonna be doing the review for it, too! can't wait to get in on the action, and I'm playing it on PS3. Can it do splitscreen AND online? I've got a brother here I plan on playing with, but it'd be fun to invite others, too.

Just like Borderlands 1, yes it certainly can! That's one of my favourite things about Borderlands - it remembers that local multiplayer is absolutely more fun than online, even if it's less popular.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
Runa216 said:

Just like Borderlands 1, yes it certainly can! That's one of my favourite things about Borderlands - it remembers that local multiplayer is absolutely more fun than online, even if it's less popular.

I mean at the same time.  I know it has them both separate, but I want to play 3-4 player, two on my console, the other two online.  Can I do that?  I couldn't in Borderlands 1.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

how does player 2 on splitscreen change their controls to Borderlands 1 style? Playing splitscreen co-op with my bro, and I was able to change my controls, but he hasn't been able to becuase when he presses pause he can't change the options. Any help would be nice.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX