By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Europe prove once again they are incompetent.

Even in the US Sony is TERRIBLE with their digital prices. Why would someone buy a digital copy for only $3-$5 less when they can get a used copy for the same price and sometimes even get a new copy for less?

A $40 retail game should be no less than $25-30 digital. Anything else is a waste of time for the consumer.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

I thought it was universally accepted that Europeans just pay more.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

This makes no sense at all

F1 2011 – £44.99 on PSN, £29.86 at Shopto.

Its above RRP (39.99) on PSN - I could accept if digital was the same price as RRP, but not above it!
Is this really true?

sales2099 said:
I thought it was universally accepted that Europeans just pay more.

yeah normally, American store prices don't include Tax, but British stores do (I presume its the same in mainland Europe)

these prices aren't great, but forthe most part, they're only about £3 off the store price, which isn't bad, of course, there are some really bad ones, but still, its getting better

KylieDog said:

Let us not forget that a $60 US PS3 game costs £40 in UK, yet a $40 VIta game in US costs £40 in UK also.

If you want to say something negative, do it at least with some consistency. Not even one of all the games you list is anywhere near 40 quid.......

Around the Network

They will bomb you don't have to worry.

KylieDog said:

------------
Let us not forget that a $60 US PS3 game costs £40 in UK, yet a $40 VIta game in US costs £40 in UK also.  No 32GB cards for Europe either.

If you live in SCEE territories please ignore it and let this thing bomb, you are doing yourself a massive favour.

Can you point me to that $40 vita game costing £40? Pretty sure no vita games cost £40, Golden Abyss is $50 in the USA and £35 in UK.

But yeah, I didn't expect the UK PSN prices to cut retail - it's just not how it works here. In the USA I gather a $60 game costs $60 and stays that price for ages. The UK that doesn't happen - the real test is whether the PSN games stay these prices for long or quickly come down alongside the retail price cuts.

It should be noted a number of the games you listed are cheaper then their RRP.

UK seems to get games cheaper then everywhere (After they slash the price in half) imo so I've no idea how you're spinning this the opposite.

Couldn't you just access the US PSN store and download them there?

drkohler said:
KylieDog said:

Let us not forget that a $60 US PS3 game costs £40 in UK, yet a $40 VIta game in US costs £40 in UK also.

If you want to say something negative, do it at least with some consistency. Not even one of all the games you list is anywhere near 40 quid.......

Not true KylieDog  on PS3 games US RRP is $60 and UK RRP is £50-55, but in the uk we always get discounting from retailers even on brand new titles so there usualy £40,

So yes there are a couple of Vita games with an rrp of £40 but the online retailers already have these down to £35, expect closer to £20 within a month. Although as this is the launch period possibly expect retailers to keep prices higher for longer while demand persists

I have yet to see ANY digital game that is cheaper than the retail one. Including Steam (though I know the deals from outside Europe are better most of the time)