By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - casual - hardcore wii gamers!?

hello!

first of all - sry for my english. im from austria :)

i like this forum but in the last time especially when people are writing about wii and try to tell me that wii player are casuals not hardcore, i as a european adult player can only shake my head.

i want you to realize that nintendo games arent gimmicky. they arnet only for casualgamers. i think most of you are to young to know the history of gaming. to young to know who invented rumble or analog stick.

im really sad about hearing things like the more epic games will come out on ps3 blabla. For example lets take zelda: "twilight princess is must-see, must-play and must-own entry into the series that proves over and over again why nintendo is the best developer in the world" [ign]

the ds shows that 'casual gamers' by a lot of games so this cant be the argument. wii players alsaw by lots of games (see the charts and compare to ps3) so please help me out explain me what a hardcore gamer is and why wii player arent hardcore :)? 

Around the Network

welcome, another one with a nice view and enough intellect :D

wish we get more members like you :)

but yea, you're right, nintendo always made games that appeal both to hardcore and to casual gamers. 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Well, the argument isn't really that it won't have hardcore games, just that it won't have enough of them to satisfy a "real" hardcore gamer, who allegedly spends hours upon hours playing games each week and thus churns through a lot of games buying a dozen or more each year.  Personally I haven't found that volume of games that I'd want on 360/PS3, so most players of that caliber would probably be getting more than one console anyway.

I am very picky on what types of games I like, and so far the Wii and DS looks like they will have the most games for my taste.  I'm coming from a 25 game gamecube collection and 40 game ps2 collection, btw.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Twilight Princess is a Gamecube game.  Make your argument with an actual Wii game not a port, have fun.

Around the Network
Hus said:

Twilight Princess is a Gamecube game.  Make your argument with an actual Wii game not a port, have fun.

It doesn't really matter what Nintendo system it's on. Nintendo, in general,  has that non-hardcore stigma for some lame reason.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

*sigh*

Aside from zelda and metroid what other "epic" games do you think will come out for the wii? Zelda for the Wii is fun but SotC for the PS2 is by far a better game. Nintendo was one of the first to implement rumble (they didn't invent it) in their controllers  and the first joystick was available for the atari.

Hardcore vs. casual is normally a matter of design and taste, so is adult vs kiddy arguement. But I am pretty sure these opposing views are in every culture and country spread across the world. One of the only real constant of human behavior is the trait to disagree with each others point of view.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

staticneuron said:

*sigh*

Aside from zelda and metroid what other "epic" games do you think will come out for the wii? Zelda for the Wii is fun but SotC for the PS2 is by far a better game. Nintendo was one of the first to implement rumble (they didn't invent it) in their controllers and the first joystick was available for the atari.

Hardcore vs. casual is normally a matter of design and taste, so is adult vs kiddy arguement. But I am pretty sure these opposing views are in every culture and country spread across the world. One of the only real constant of human behavior is the trait to disagree with each others point of view.

SotC ? Define! (I might end up buying it... I'm getting itchy for a new game)

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

mancandy said:
Hus said:

Twilight Princess is a Gamecube game. Make your argument with an actual Wii game not a port, have fun.

It doesn't really matter what Nintendo system it's on. Nintendo, in general, has that non-hardcore stigma for some lame reason.

its a very real simple reason.

Nin does not have a brutal action game like God of war.... a crazy looking shooter like Geras or online king Halo ? it does not have a racer like Gran Turismo where you will literly spend a few hundredth hours on it no problem.

they rule the kiddy games but that it, hell their best dev is all agianst violent/brutal games. 

No more Heroes, Resident Evil, Sadness, Manhunt 2, Red Steel & Disaster Day of Crisis. There are brutal games coming on Wii, but they are overshadowed by the partygames. Casual gamers won't grab a Wii, because the big games they like are coming for 360/PS3. Those console are still to expensive for them. So there is time to get some brutal games for Wii. Ninja Gaiden Wii would be cool, it's coming to DS already.