By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Alaska Bill Would Criminalize Invasive TSA Pat Downs

The bill introduced by Cissna, HB 262, states;

A person commits the offense of interference with access to public buildings or transportation facilities if the person, as a condition for access to a public building or transportation facility, requires another person to consent or otherwise submit to

(1) physical contact by any person touching directly or through clothing the genitals, buttocks, or female breast of the person seeking access; or

(2) any electronic process that produces an electronic image of the genitals, anus, or female breast or otherwise creates an electronic image of the person seeking access that exposes or reveals a physical characteristic that is normally hidden by clothing and is not normally visible to the public.

“If they can do that, what can’t they do?” Rep. Ken Ivory, the sponsor of the resolution asked. “Can you imagine George Washington or Thomas Jefferson going to the airport and saying, ‘Go ahead and stick your hand down my pants. I need to get where I’m going?’”

Ivory decries the fact that Americans are being conditioned “to just submit” to the feds. “Our liberties are being conditioned away,” he told the Deseret News.

http://www.infowars.com/alaska-bill-would-criminalize-invasive-tsa-pat-downs/

According to the article, Texas seems to be reattempting their bills to outlaw certain TSA practices.

In other news, the Supreme Court are currently deciding on whether to take on a case regarding Obamacare's constitutionality.

A bad day for the Feds.

Around the Network

Ken Ivory sounds dangerous. All good subjects citizens can only hope that a Nobel Peace Prize-winning flying murderbot pays him a visit very soon.

Hooray? No more cops patting people's bulges?

blkfish92 said:

That's the front of it, but the results can be much deeper. The TSA infringes on the rights of privacy and travel, and states' rights. IF Alaskan/Texan lawmakers stick to their guns (and it's a big if), it could set a massive precedent for states denouncing federal laws, etc.

The Feds are playing a dirty game. They know that they're subverting the Constitution, and they're doing everything to keep it going. When it comes to the TSA, the Feds even threatened to impose a no-fly zone over Texas if they passed a bill blocking the TSA. With the Patriot Act, the Feds actually often end up dropping cases, or not appealing results, if they fear that the Judge will challenge the constitutionality of the Act.

IF the States can call the Fed's bluff, pass these laws, and take it on the Supreme Court (if necessary), then the White House/Congress will suffer a humiliating defeat, and it could encourage other States to pursue other rights that they've let be diminished (I'd love, for example, for one of the liberal states to challenge DOMA at the Supreme Court).

im bothered by the use of "female breast". its sexist.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

It's about time somebody started to take our rights and dignity back that have been so readily discarded in the name of terrorism.

SvennoJ said:
It's about time somebody started to take our rights and dignity back that have been so readily discarded in the name of terrorism.

Well, loads of people try. The problem is that the two best ways of controlling the Feds are the States and the Supreme Court. The States are often blackmailed (cut your funding, impose regulations that harm your best industries, or in the case above - impose a NO-FLY-ZONE) into submission. Historically, it's mainly the Supreme Court that has kept Government in check.. and the Feds know this, so they do everything they can to stop cases going through to the courts. Dropping cases, offering settlements, etc.

I remember watching Andrew Napolitano talk about a case where the FBI had arrested two people for infringing the Patriot Act. When the case came to court, the Judge basically turned around to the FBI and said "do you really want to do this? I'm about to declare the Patriot Act unconstitutional", couple days later the FBI have mysteriously dropped the case. 

SamuelRSmith said:
SvennoJ said:

Well, loads of people try. The problem is that the two best ways of controlling the Feds are the States and the Supreme Court. The States are often blackmailed (cut your funding, impose regulations that harm your best industries, or in the case above - impose a NO-FLY-ZONE) into submission. Historically, it's mainly the Supreme Court that has kept Government in check.. and the Feds know this, so they do everything they can to stop cases going through to the courts. Dropping cases, offering settlements, etc.

I remember watching Andrew Napolitano talk about a case where the FBI had arrested two people for infringing the Patriot Act. When the case came to court, the Judge basically turned around to the FBI and said "do you really want to do this? I'm about to declare the Patriot Act unconstitutional", couple days later the FBI have mysteriously dropped the case. 

One thing that I have never really understood is why can't the constitutionality of a bill be challenged by anyone?

It would seem to me that any citizen, or group of citizens, whould be able to challenge constitutionality of any municipal, state or federal law passed regardless of whether they have been charged with breaking it.

SamuelRSmith said:
blkfish92 said:

That's the front of it, but the results can be much deeper. The TSA infringes on the rights of privacy and travel, and states' rights. IF Alaskan/Texan lawmakers stick to their guns (and it's a big if), it could set a massive precedent for states denouncing federal laws, etc.

The Feds are playing a dirty game. They know that they're subverting the Constitution, and they're doing everything to keep it going. When it comes to the TSA, the Feds even threatened to impose a no-fly zone over Texas if they passed a bill blocking the TSA. With the Patriot Act, the Feds actually often end up dropping cases, or not appealing results, if they fear that the Judge will challenge the constitutionality of the Act.

IF the States can call the Fed's bluff, pass these laws, and take it on the Supreme Court (if necessary), then the White House/Congress will suffer a humiliating defeat, and it could encourage other States to pursue other rights that they've let be diminished (I'd love, for example, for one of the liberal states to challenge DOMA at the Supreme Court).

Uhg, wish there wasn't any crazyness going on 

HappySqurriel said:

One thing that I have never really understood is why can't the constitutionality of a bill be challenged by anyone?

It would seem to me that any citizen, or group of citizens, whould be able to challenge constitutionality of any municipal, state or federal law passed regardless of whether they have been charged with breaking it.

It can be. For instance, the ACLU challenged the expansion of National Security Letters in the Patriot Act, and it resulted in the Patriot Act being amended.