By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Assassins Creed 3 Coming to Wii U.

Tagged games:

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Too bad it's probably just a port with added controller-functionalities.

And that's a bad thing because... ??

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
I hope it isnt AC3, I hope they take a break this year. I dont want this to turn into Tony Hawk. This has nothing to do against WIiU i just feel they are going to run this series in the ground

You will be disappointed then. It my not be officially confirmed, but the development team have said they what to finish the triology before the end of 2012, as the current storyline revolves around the concept of the 2012 phrophecy. After this year though, it is expected the series will be put on hold for a few years.

SecondWar said:
oniyide said:
I hope it isnt AC3, I hope they take a break this year. I dont want this to turn into Tony Hawk. This has nothing to do against WIiU i just feel they are going to run this series in the ground

You will be disappointed then. It my not be officially confirmed, but the development team have said they what to finish the triology before the end of 2012, as the current storyline revolves around the concept of the 2012 phrophecy. After this year though, it is expected the series will be put on hold for a few years.

Well, im gonna look at the glass half full and hopefully they do take a break with the series, I like it but I dont see it being like COD, the sales are already dipping

oniyide said:
SecondWar said:
oniyide said:

Well, im gonna look at the glass half full and hopefully they do take a break with the series, I like it but I dont see it being like COD, the sales are already dipping

They won't though, I know wikipedia isn't always a great source but the page for the series has some quotes that show what they're plan is. Sales will also be partially falling because Brotherhood and Revelations were really just expansions to two, ACIII might see them pick up again (although if they blow it, will probably continue the decline).

NightDragon83 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Because the hardware probably allows significantly better graphics and because then the already low estimated sales would go even lower.

How did you not think of that?

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
BengaBenga said:
If it fixes the horrid pop-in I'll buy for WiiU, if not I'll stay with the Achievements.

What do you mean by the "pop-in"?

He's talking about the way graphics in the distance suddenly pop in to view as you approach.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
NightDragon83 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Because the hardware probably allows significantly better graphics and because then the already low estimated sales would go even lower.

We still don't know that.  Just because Wii U is supposedly more powerful on paper than PS360 based on the rumored specs, that's not going to necessarily translate into a huge gfx boost in reality.  See Wii vs Xbox/GC or even PS2 for comparison... there's only a handful of Wii games, almost all from Nintendo, that look better than most games from last gen.

And guess what?  I guarantee you that 95% of future PS360 multiplat games that are also announced for Wii U in the next year or two will be straight up ports with maybe some bonus content or enhanced controls thrown in, because that's the way things work.

But that's not a bad thing... you're still finally getting all the same AAA 3rd party games that other systems have been getting for years, now just on a Nintendo console, so what's the problem?  Can't have everything lol.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

archbrix said:
NintendoPie said:
BengaBenga said:
If it fixes the horrid pop-in I'll buy for WiiU, if not I'll stay with the Achievements.

What do you mean by the "pop-in"?

He's talking about the way graphics in the distance suddenly pop in to view as you approach.

Is that when all of the sudden something shows up when you get near enough to it?

NightDragon83 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

We still don't know that.  Just because Wii U is supposedly more powerful on paper than PS360 based on the rumored specs, that's not going to necessarily translate into a huge gfx boost in reality.  See Wii vs Xbox/GC or even PS2 for comparison... there's only a handful of Wii games, almost all from Nintendo, that look better than most games from last gen.

And guess what?  I guarantee you that 95% of future PS360 multiplat games that are also announced for Wii U in the next year or two will be straight up ports with maybe some bonus content or enhanced controls thrown in, because that's the way things work.

But that's not a bad thing... you're still finally getting all the same AAA 3rd party games that other systems have been getting for years, now just on a Nintendo console, so what's the problem?  Can't have everything lol.

This is all just speculations about the future. Stop assuming that you're right and I'm wrong.

oniyide said:

Well as there games sell more and more I don't think they will stop with releasing them every year.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!