By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which is better, Super Smash Bros. Melee or Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

Tagged games:

Which is better, Melee or Brawl?

Super Smash bros. Melee 32 35.96%

Super Smash Bros. Brawl 44 49.44%

And for the hell of it, S... 6 6.74%

This thread sucks... again.... 7 7.87%

Total:89

Same as theonestarr, and I'll say Melee is the reference, Brawl is a worthy sequel.

Though Melee wins hands down as the best smash game ever, given all the improvements in brawl and the new moves and characteres, to stay up to date I play brawl. And I like Mario's Fludd it's an awesome tool, can't go without it, like in Melee I wouldn't do without the cape after having it offered. Link's gale boomerang is also a great dynamic tool and increases strategy.

My other big thing I like about brawl, is that it's possible to customize button layout. Being a wii-chuck player, I need that.

Around the Network

And while I have my criticisms of Brawl, in no way does that mean I don't like it. Actually, I just found out last night that my new neighbors are having a Brawl smashoff this weekend and I'm totally attending. With my gold nunchuck and CCPro.

SW-5120-1900-6153

SSBB in my opinion

MELEE!!!!!

the only thing i liked more in brawl was that adventure mode and new characters like sonic

I like both Melee and Brawl about on par. I like Brawl more because it's more balanced, it has better stages and more sfuff. I like Melee more because it had a steeper learning curve.

Around the Network
RCTjunkie said:
Melee is better.

But that's like asking me if I prefer Burgers or Pizza. While Burgers would be the clear winner (IMO), Pizza's greatness shouldn't be diminished in any way from my choice. Burgers get a 9.8, Pizza a 9.6.

What??  Pizza is CLEARLY superior to burgers!  So many more kinds of extra toppings, easier for multiple people to get in on the action, and just plain cheesier!

Pizza gets a 10 from me, burgers have to settle for a 9.9

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

100% Brawl.

Brawl! I actually like the floatier physics, then there's the online which provided me with hundreds of hours of fun with fellow VGCharters

Signature goes here!

I'm going with Melee even though Brawl had a decent amount of new characters, etc.. The reason why I am going with Melee is because I played it the most with friends (since it was out during my college years). Brawl came out after I was out of college and I don't have too many friends where I live now that are any good at it or enjoy playing it. I might have found a gamer chick that enjoys Smash though. I won't give Nintendo total credit for helping get pussy this time like I did with my last ex (got her to first come over to my place to try Wii Sports and then my wii).

Melee has better gameplay. Controls are much tighter, there is a slight input delay in Brawl that can be very annoying. It's also a little too chaotic sometimes.

Brawl has much more stuff going for it though. The customizable music, dosens of modes, minigames, the cinematic campaign... If the horrible online wasn't so broken, I'd say Brawl would slightly edge out Melee. Melee wins this one with .1 difference.