By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which is better, Super Smash Bros. Melee or Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

Tagged games:

Which is better, Melee or Brawl?

Super Smash bros. Melee 32 35.96%

Super Smash Bros. Brawl 44 49.44%

And for the hell of it, S... 6 6.74%

This thread sucks... again.... 7 7.87%

Total:89

gonna have to say the 64 one.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

Brawl >>>>>> All others

That game was LEGENDARY, one of my most played multiplayer games ever

The entire package was just pure epic win

While I think Melee was easily the bigger improvement over its predecessor (I didn't care much for the 64 game at all), I personally have to go with Brawl, mostly because of the inclusion of the "final smash" finishing moves (and the extra characters).

It's hard to say....

Melee had better gameplay, some great characters which aren't in Brawl like Young Link (Toon Link doesn't add up to his milk drinking awesomeness), Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, Pichu and Roy.

Brawl's gameplay is kinda floaty and slow but still good, if it had some of the characters listed above it would be even better. Online gameplay and the amount of music, level, and story mode make this game just better.

I can only hope the WiiU version have the fast paced gameplay of Melee and the amount Brawl has. Also, I would like to see some characters from Melee and LOTS more new characters, stages, musics, and some older stages from Brawl/Melee remastered.

It's very hard to pick. Every one of them (all three) had their awesome pieces. The N64 started of with a new formula that is still enjoyable. To this day, I even play it against others online because it has less lag than Brawl! Then Melee came and improved in every possible aspect: Gameplay, maps, way more characters, Tournaments! Everything went better! And then there was Brawl that kept improving everything... except gameplay/character movement. It also could have had WAY more online options available but Nintendo completely screwed up that part. Luckily, I hardly ever used online and only played it with my friends so that wasn't really an issue for me.

All in all:

N64: 8/10 (although, a big plus for being first)
GC: 9,5
Wii:8,5

Around the Network

Brawl is my best game of all time, having fun in similar way but never tried Melee although i heard it was really good

got to give it a try

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Brawl is better IMO, but Melee was far superior for the time it was released

I can only talk about the original Smash Bros., as I haven't played Melee, Brawl is miles better.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

I played he hell out of Melee when it came out. And it may be the better balanced game.

But Brawl went above and beyond everything I expected out of a sequel. More levels, more characters, more franchise representation, third party characters, online play, customizable music, expanded single player modes, stage creation, replays, replay sharing...I don't even know how SSB3D and SSBU are going to top any of this besides having a little more polish on the online features.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Melee. Better physics, better balance, and I prefer the visual style as well.

Brawl is too floaty, too imbalanced, and the visuals are polished too far - everything is too smooth and bright.

SW-5120-1900-6153