By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGStockz: General Questions

^Okay, fair enough. Mind over gut. My gut tells me the WiiU will cause another cyclical spike, but that's especially since the stocks are relatively so low right now.

Do you think there is enough time to make a purchase once the pricepoint is announced? Also, would a purchase assuming a 350$ pricepoint be reasonable?

@Nik24, when did you invest? (What was the investment period?)

Around the Network
Ail said:
sethnintendo said:

During the 90s I used to check on a few stocks each day. I always wanted to invest in Microsoft. Hell their stock didn't even do that bad during the whole anti-trust suit. If you invested in Microsoft during the late 80s you'd be fucking rich with all those stock splits... I might not like Microsoft that much as a company but I wouldn't mind making money from them... Too bad I never have any capital to invest in companies. I would have invested in Microsoft, Google (day 1 then sold around the 500/600 barrier), Netflix and Nintendo.

Mcrosoft did well in the 80s-90s, but took 10 years off in the 2000s.

The best investment of the last 20 years is still Apple for those lucky enough that got in.

Here are the last 5 years :

Keep in mind the stock was 14$ in 2003 so the growth has actually been consistent for the last 8 years.......

Quick question, on what website do you get those graphs?

Still off topic: wouldn't be interessting to have a predictino thread for stock price in the short term (say until the end of this year) ? There is, of course, a lot of uncertainty, but could be fun. 

Jansky8 said:

Still off topic: wouldn't be interessting to have a predictino thread for stock price in the short term (say until the end of this year) ? There is, of course, a lot of uncertainty, but could be fun. 

@Jansky8. Yup! That's what my 5th reserved post is for. We can keep all that right here, keep the activity going.

happydolphin said:

^Okay, fair enough. Mind over gut. My gut tells me the WiiU will cause another cyclical spike, but that's especially since the stocks are relatively so low right now.

Do you think there is enough time to make a purchase once the pricepoint is announced? Also, would a purchase assuming a 350$ pricepoint be reasonable?

I've been looking into them during the last two years. Arguably, not the longest period

but it still gives you a general idea about the stock.

P.S: Do you guys know investopedia.com?

It's a great site for investing and you can even start a competition!

Jansky8 said:
Ail said:
sethnintendo said:

During the 90s I used to check on a few stocks each day. I always wanted to invest in Microsoft. Hell their stock didn't even do that bad during the whole anti-trust suit. If you invested in Microsoft during the late 80s you'd be fucking rich with all those stock splits... I might not like Microsoft that much as a company but I wouldn't mind making money from them... Too bad I never have any capital to invest in companies. I would have invested in Microsoft, Google (day 1 then sold around the 500/600 barrier), Netflix and Nintendo.

Mcrosoft did well in the 80s-90s, but took 10 years off in the 2000s.

The best investment of the last 20 years is still Apple for those lucky enough that got in.

Here are the last 5 years :

Keep in mind the stock was 14$ in 2003 so the growth has actually been consistent for the last 8 years.......

Quick question, on what website do you get those graphs?

CNN Money.

http://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=NTDOY

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
Nik24 said:
happydolphin said:

I've been looking into them during the last two years. Arguably, not the longest period

but it still gives you a general idea about the stock.

P.S: Do you guys know investopedia.com?

It's a great site for investing and you can even start a competition!

I used to spend a lot of time on marketocracy.com ( it's a site where you can manage a virtual stock fund so you can learn anything you want and it doesn't cost you a cent).

But these days I get most of my information out of cnnMoney or if I need more detailed stuff I get it on my broker's site ( fidelity),

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Let's look into investopedia or a game like that and see if we can have a competition, set some rules and post the results here.

I was thinking of buying Activision stock, because of COD's success, but nobody knows how long COD will stay on top, and when COD falls, Activision is sure to fall, so would they be a good investment? Anyone?

Take a look at their long-term performance on page 1. They did a good job resisting the lat-2000s recession, and are a very stable stock. Check Ail's post for more on how they manage their stock.

happydolphin said:

What are your expectations of Nintendo stock over the next two years, are you planning on purchasing or selling?

$16.38 was the absolute bottom and it's currently trading at $18.20, so I'm not concerned about it dropping any further. On the other hand, no point in selling this low either. 

If you have great faith that the consumer market will favor the brand the way it did for the Wii and DS lines once their main products are the Wii U and the 3DS, then I suppose now's as good a time as any to buy. The fact that it is trading near historic lows is the main upside if you believe things will improve over the next two years. 

I don't intend to buy more shares personally.