By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGStockz: General Questions

The only open positions I have currently is in Sony and Ford, I bought SNE ADR's under $10 (9.90) dollars and its currently over 13. Even with the huge dilution upcoming, negative feed back loop that surrounds the stock, the fact that it no longer goes down on bad news, the capitulation trade is now in. There is just too many positive catalysts that surrounds the big Japanese exporters. Their 10% investment in Olympus look to be a good one after an initial swoon. Depending on how their earnings look for this quarter, i might sell into it only to by back as I can see the stock move higher despite the report if they give a positive outlook.

Ford looks like it will correct it soft european sales by selling more and more cars in China. The CFO said that they expect like 20+ million cars to be sold in the country this year and that number can easily reach 30 million/year in the next decade.

Around the Network

I still have quite a few positions :
Apple ( big)
Bank of America (big)
Google (medium)
General Electric (medium)
Microsoft (medium)
Nvidia (medium-big)
Take Two (small-medium)

+ mutual funds and bonds.

All my stock positions are heavily up( best is Bank of America at +41%) except Microsoft ( -12%) and Nvidia ( was -12%, now is -6% as I doubled up).

I will probably let go of some Bank of America in a few months once it's become long( I got most of them in March 2012) and I benefit from lower taxes...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

I'm excited to see what Apple reports today.
If the results are decent this could be the beginning of a rally back to 700$...

Well Apple down 10% after hours.

Looks like I will be buying more Apple tomorrow...

Holy shit.... Remember when I was talking about Netflix stock... It has skyrocketed since earnings report.

Jumped 42 the first day and now up 19 today.

Around the Network

So Sony was upgraded again by another large brokerage house which brings its total to 4 in the past week or so ahead of its earnings. Shares were up another 10% today in Japan

Bank of America
Citigroup
Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs,
Bank of America doubled its share outlook from 980 to close to 1900.

The Korean won is gaining strength against all its piers and is causing Samsung Electronics to fret, which is more good news for SNE as the advantage Korea has had this past decade with its weak currency is coming to an end.

MMm I'm loving this.
Take Two destroyed estimates, stock up 6.5% after hours !

I updated the title, but I don't understand how that's possible.

happydolphin said:
I updated the title, but I don't understand how that's possible.

Easy.

NBA2k is kicking ass and taking names and so is Borderlands 2 !!!! ( remember last year we had the strike so NBA2K didnt' do as well as the NBA season started much later).

415 million$ of revenue vs 263 million$ last year.

71.4 million$ profit vs 14.1 million$.

22% of sales from old titles ( Read Dead, GTA and co) which isn't a surprise. TTWO are the only ones that are able to sell old title at a decent price far after their release...

Ail said:

Easy.

NBA2k is kicking ass and taking names and so is Borderlands 2 !!!! ( remember last year we had the strike so NBA2K didnt' do as well as the NBA season started much later).

415 million$ of revenue vs 263 million$ last year.

71.4 million$ profit vs 14.1 million$.

22% of sales from old titles ( Read Dead, GTA and co) which isn't a surprise. TTWO are the only ones that are able to sell old title at a decent price far after their release...

Oh, but how did it go up after hours though?