By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGStockz: General Questions

I wouldn't hold onto any Nintendo stock you guys have right now.

From what I have seen and heard the WiiU are in heavy stock at a lot of retailers which means Nintendo will not be able to ship that many WiiU in Q1 so I expect a poor report 4 months from now when Q1 numbers come out..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
Ail said:

From what I have seen and heard the WiiU are in heavy stock at a lot of retailers which means Nintendo will not be able to ship that many WiiU in Q1 so I expect a poor report 4 months from now when Q1 numbers come out..

I have NTDOY at 14.40$ (holding) and said to myself to keep it as the rally seemed to onwards to 20$. Now I'm kicking myself for not selling it at 17.50 $ :(

Been shorting NTODY stocks, bought at 12.65$ sold today at 13.25$

I don't know, Nintendo might be in a good position because of the yen this quarter. They will be profitable in Q3 because of it most definetely. You are right though on Wii U, I don't think their 5.5 million sold or shipped by March 31st seems doable :s

Vinniegambini said:
Ail said:

I have NTDOY at 14.40$ (holding) and said to myself to keep it as the rally seemed to onwards to 20$. Now I'm kicking myself for not selling it at 17.50 $ :(

I don't know, Nintendo might be in a good position because of the yen this quarter. They will be profitable in Q3 because of it most definetely. You are right though on Wii U, I don't think their 5.5 million sold or shipped by March 31st seems doable :s

It might, it's hard to say.

What isn't hard to say however is that they will have massive shipping this quarter and very low shipping of Wii U in Q1 and investors are not going to like that when those numbers come out 4 months from now...

Ail said:
Vinniegambini said:
Ail said:

It might, it's hard to say.

What isn't hard to say however is that they will have massive shipping this quarter and very low shipping of Wii U in Q1 and investors are not going to like that when those numbers come out 4 months from now...

Well 3rd quarter (October to December of 2011), Nintendo posted profits of 250 million and doing so without the 3DS being profitable. Nintendo should be able to do so as well this quarter with the the help of 3DS hardware profitability and the currency favoring them. This should offset all the loses they had from the first two quarters totalling 331 million. Nonetheless, I'm still a bit on edge though.

Pros:

- Predicted 50.5 million Wii software sales by March 2013 - Sold over 54 million software as of December 22, 2012 according to VGChartz data

- Predicted 37 million DS software sales by March 2013 - Sold over 38 million software as of December 22, 2012 according to VGChartz data

- Predicted 2.5 million DS hardware sales by March 2013 - Sold 2.5 hardware as of December 22, 2012 according to VGChartz data

- Growth in 3DS (Thanks in large part to Japan)

Cons:

- Will not be able to achieve it's projected 5 million Wii hardware sales - 3.1 million as of December 22, 2012 according to VGChartz data

(will be revised to 4)

- Will not be able to achieve it's projected 17 million 3DS hardware sales - 10.5 million as of December 22, 2012 according to VGChartz data

(will be revised to 15)

- Will not be able to achieve it's projected 5.5 million Wii U hardware sales - 2.2 million as of December 22, 2012 according to VGChartz data

(will be revised to 4.5-5)

Nevertheless, the USD and EUR (JPY) trading at 87 and 115 respectively will make Nintendo profitable until the exchange rates choose to act differently. Just to put it in perspective, Toyota said that for each 1 yen US difference they either lose or gain 350 million

Kresnik said:
Since Kowenicki isn't around much lately (or at least he doesn't seem to be, he usually makes loads of stocks threads but I haven't seen one about this particular subject):

I noticed today that Sony's stock has gone up a full dollar (I think) in the past few days. Was hovering around 9.90 for quite some time but over the past 5 days has climbed up to 10.95:

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=SNE#symbol=sne;range=5d

Any particular reason for this that anyone's aware of? From on-and-off watching the stocks since I joined this site really, Sony had been in freefall for quite a while, so I'm just wondering what's given them such a boost.

Shame about Nintendo's stock, it dropped 50c before opening today I believe. But it'll pick back up. Good time to buy really, although maybe worth waiting a couple more days to see if it goes any lower.

it's mostly just because the yen has gotten so much weaker, not because Sony is doing better.  The yen was below 76 yen per dollar earlier this year, now it's over 87 yen per dollar and still rising.  It takes more devalued yen to buy the exact same thing as it did before. The entire Japanese market has gone way up but not really so much in real value.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
johnsobas said:
Kresnik said:
Since Kowenicki isn't around much lately (or at least he doesn't seem to be, he usually makes loads of stocks threads but I haven't seen one about this particular subject):

I noticed today that Sony's stock has gone up a full dollar (I think) in the past few days. Was hovering around 9.90 for quite some time but over the past 5 days has climbed up to 10.95:

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=SNE#symbol=sne;range=5d

Any particular reason for this that anyone's aware of? From on-and-off watching the stocks since I joined this site really, Sony had been in freefall for quite a while, so I'm just wondering what's given them such a boost.

Shame about Nintendo's stock, it dropped 50c before opening today I believe. But it'll pick back up. Good time to buy really, although maybe worth waiting a couple more days to see if it goes any lower.

it's mostly just because the yen has gotten so much weaker, not because Sony is doing better.  The yen was below 76 yen per dollar earlier this year, now it's over 87 yen per dollar and still rising.  It takes more devalued yen to buy the exact same thing as it did before. The entire Japanese market has gone way up but not really so much in real value.

Pretty much. I'm excited to see both Nintendo's and Sony's third quarter earnings. The exchange gains should offset the net income losses if ever they should occur.

i'm excited to see how much my stocks are gonna rise today. Haven't posted much recently in here but my recent stock picks are PBR at 18.3 a little while ago and IAG at 11.09.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I'm locking those shorts. Too scared that tomorrow the market will reverse.

Selling 60% of my Google tomorrow following nice quarterly results ( stock is up 4% after hours, 40% since I purchased)...

I really need to find what my next buys are going to be as my pile of unused cash is growing ( around 15% of my portfollio is in cash and another 24% in Bonds...)...

I might have to go for mutal funds till I see a stock that sparks my interest...( I am tempted to get more Apple but I already have a lot so I don't know....)

Well I increased my Nvidia position and I am considering getting into Time Warner ( TWX), the timing might not however be the best for that so I might wait a little...