By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGStockz: General Questions

All this for 1 bad business decision (udraw on PS360)?

Around the Network
Train wreck said:
CChaos said:
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=THQI&ql=1

I believe $1.58 puts them below, once again, the $2 mark needed to remain on the NASDAQ. So, if they remain at that total for...I think it was a month or so?...then they'll be removed from it. Grim tidings indeed.

They claimed that 1.4m copies of Darksiders were sold. For most companies, that would probably be a fairly good haul, but it was below expectations. That alone said a lot about their financial situation.

That price includes a 1 for 10 reverse split, its current share price is really 16 cents

That price values THQ at $10m.

Are they serious. THQ's buildings alone are probably worth 10m. Add all the IP, staff, engine dev work and in progress projects and $10m is absolutely insanely low. I think VGC could buy it out if every forum poster put in $100. I mean come on.

Soleron said:
Train wreck said:
CChaos said:
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=THQI&ql=1

I believe $1.58 puts them below, once again, the $2 mark needed to remain on the NASDAQ. So, if they remain at that total for...I think it was a month or so?...then they'll be removed from it. Grim tidings indeed.

They claimed that 1.4m copies of Darksiders were sold. For most companies, that would probably be a fairly good haul, but it was below expectations. That alone said a lot about their financial situation.

That price includes a 1 for 10 reverse split, its current share price is really 16 cents

That price values THQ at $10m.

Are they serious. THQ's buildings alone are probably worth 10m. Add all the IP, staff, engine dev work and in progress projects and $10m is absolutely insanely low. I think VGC could buy it out if every forum poster put in $100. I mean come on.

The problem is if THQ was looking for a buyer, they would have came a long time ago.  the current cap is 14.1 million dollars, if you believe in brand equity, then they may get something for Metro last light (even though most major studios have their own FPS), Saints Row, South Park and darkstiders but there are really no healthy players in the vidoegame business right now (outside of Namco and Microsoft) and im sure those games do not align with their business model. 

Train wreck said:

The problem is if THQ was looking for a buyer, they would have came a long time ago.  the current cap is 14.1 million dollars, if you believe in brand equity, then they may get something for Metro last light (even though most major studios have their own FPS), Saints Row, South Park and darkstiders but there are really no healthy players in the vidoegame business right now (outside of Namco and Microsoft) and im sure those games do not align with their business model. 

I'd agree, but $10m is INSANELY CHEAP SERIOUSLY. It's crazy low.

If this persists, some capital company will buy THQ just to auction off the assets. They can't let that happen as it would break up the teams that worked on the valuable projects they have left. Really surprised this hasn't been done already at that price.

Train wreck said:

And if a game like Darksiders couldn't break even at 2m, why would anyone be interested? As big as these IPs are for the industry, as much as they just seem impossible to sustain business-wise.

Around the Network

The most worrying thing is when a delayed South Park title is supposed to be the title that will save your company.........

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

happydolphin said:
All this for 1 bad business decision (udraw on PS360)?

And all the people who decided on udraw numbers for PS360 were getting paid over a million dollars each.

more people should buy Darksiders 2, it is great! :D

Maybe Nintendo should buy THQ. Nintendo gaining the Saints Row, Dark Siders and Metro IP for exclusive on the Nintendo console for below 20 million is peanuts for them. Imagine if that would happen o_O. The backlash wooooossshhhh

Vinniegambini said:
Maybe Nintendo should buy THQ. Nintendo gaining the Saints Row, Dark Siders and Metro IP for exclusive on the Nintendo console for below 20 million is peanuts for them. Imagine if that would happen o_O. The backlash wooooossshhhh

What blacklash?  Darkstriders, Metro and Saints didnt help THQ, dont know how it will help Nintendo except in the money losing department.