By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGStockz: General Questions

Market has been going down for a few days now...
Most of my gains on banks have been wiped out but thankfully Apple is still outperforming the market handily..

I'm still optimistic for bank of America for the rest of the year but I timed badly my additional stock purchases there...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

Tanked by Bank of America yesterday, carried up by it today.
That's the market for you..

Ail said:
happydolphin said:
I just invested 3800$ in Apple stock yesterday, on credit :( Ahhh, I am freaking out.

I think I'm gonna practice options on the next investopedia game we play, Aori made a pile of cash with them.

I hate to say it but that's not the smartest thing you ever did..........

Leave margins and options to the pro...

Using leverage when investing in stocks is very risky.....

What can I say, I like living on the edge. But hey, congrats on your huge apple gains, the stock was a beast in 2012, I'm glad you invested in it too bad I came in late.

happydolphin said:
Ail said:
happydolphin said:
I just invested 3800$ in Apple stock yesterday, on credit :( Ahhh, I am freaking out.

I think I'm gonna practice options on the next investopedia game we play, Aori made a pile of cash with them.

I hate to say it but that's not the smartest thing you ever did..........

Leave margins and options to the pro...

Using leverage when investing in stocks is very risky.....

What can I say, I like living on the edge. But hey, congrats on your huge apple gains, the stock was a beast in 2012, I'm glad you invested in it too bad I came in late.

Next big thing is Google earnings today for me.

The stock went down in January but since then it's been coming back up and today is going to decide what happens the next few months..

After a nice comback the last 2 days I am gettinf destroyed today.
Apple is down and I can understand why.( lawsuit, stock has been up a lot)
Google is down and same thing.( split with non voting shares).

Bank of America is down and I have a hard time understanding that one after the good JP Morgan results...

Around the Network

Apple just decided to go down when I invested in them, that's what it is Ail!

snakenobi said:
well SONY is being fucked from all sides and will continue to do so because of Dollar PRINTING

Euro crashing this year will hurt all the countries

Dollar crash in 2 years time will take down everybody

Though Ninty and Sony can take advantage if China lets in video game and with the culture connection they could reap rewards as China will be the biggest economy when Dollar and Euro crash

UNLESS you buy silver. That way, you wont be taken down

Yay!!!

Philly's news

Apple
So, guys, remember how apple was going up up up?

Well, things haven't been so rosy lately. As a matter of fact, it started going down the day I invested in apple. 3800$, on credit. What a fail.

Yup, I bought my apple stocks on April 3rd, and sold them on Apr 17th. One hour later, the stock rebounded, but it was too late. Good thing I got out anyways, because it is now dipping even more.

THQ
Well, a few days ago I caught wind of an investor's briefing by THQ, explaining a restructure of the teams and refocus for upcoming games. I was pretty confident in their strategy and wanted to invest in them, but the money I gained from selling my apple stock I invested early in Nintendo stock (dumb move, it's way to early and I'm paying heavy interest on my aggressive investing... but anywyas). So no investo in THQ. Next day, the stock bounces up almost 70%. Take a look:

Insane.

Nintendo

Meanwhile, Nintendo stock is just a damn snail.

So my next move, the plan is to sell my Nintendo stock and invest it in THQ until 3 weeks before E3, when I put it all back in Nintendo. I'll keep you all posted.

Update: My Nintendo stock is now sold, I'm getting ready to buy THQ asap.

Just bought my thq stock. 4.2k stocks bought for 70 cents each. My money will multiply, I'm so eager.

Quick question for you stock smarties. When I bought my Nintendo stock, I was told the rate of change was 0.92 (Can to US?), but today when buying THQI stock the exchange rate in my transaction listed 1.001.

Can someone explain that to me, has the currency fluctuated that much since April 18th, and where can I find a graph of US vs Can currency ratio?

Apple's stock surged today after an obviously happy investor's meeting. The stock was doing (relatively) poorly recently due to concerns over the iPad 3, but today's investor's meeting was sure to raise stock. I'm upset I didn't see the opportunity before it happened.
http://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:AAPL

In the mean time, THQ's stock (which I just invested in), dropped a tad over 3% today. I want to break something. ( I'm just kidding)
http://www.google.com/finance?cid=655998